Table of Contents Show
Getting a tan on your skin to look beautiful is an old tradition that we have been following for more than two decades. To get tanned skin, nowadays you can find many different methods. If you are a tan lover, then tanning beds are a common name for you. The tanning bed is a bed that provides UV lights on the skin to give it a tanned effect. The tanning beds can give you a tan within 3-5 sessions of tanning. It depends on which shade of tanning effect you want to get for yourself.
Most of the people who try the tanning bed tan on their skin have a common question in their minds, like, “Can I wear headphones in a tanning bed? The answer is yes; you can use headphones in a tanning bed session. But when using headphones in a tanning bed session, you must know which type of headphones you have to wear. In this article, I’ll tell you if you can wear headphones in a tanning bed, why to wear them, their pros and cons, and which type you should have to wear.
Can I Wear Headphones in a Tanning Bed?
Wearing headphones in a tanning bed to relax yourself is a good idea. But when it comes to tanning yourself, can you wear it? It is a big question that comes into our heads all the time while getting tanned. The answer is yes; you can wear headphones while you are getting tanned skin in a tanning bed. To get a tanning bed tan on your skin, you have to get 3-5 sessions of tanning bed, and each of the sessions is going to take 1-3 minutes to give your skin a tan. In your first 3 sessions, the tanning bed is going to develop the tan effect on your skin by increasing your skin melanin production, and the last 2 sessions will keep your tan effect on your skin for a long time. So, in every session of 1-3 minutes, you can obviously wear headphones to relax in a tanning bed.
Which Type of Headphones Are Suitable to Wear in a Tanning Bed?
It is true that you can wear headphones in your tanning bed, but while wearing headphones in a tanning bed session, you must be sincere. If you wear headphones that come with wear and can also give you tan lines in your tanning bed session, No one wants tan lines when getting the perfect tan effect from their tanning bed session.
To avoid this kind of session while getting tanned skin, you must wear in-ear headphones such as wireless earbuds to not get affected by your tanning session and get any tan lines from the wire of your headphones. So, if you want to wear headphones in your tanning bed session, always choose in-ear headphones or wireless headphones to protect your tan from any kind of tan lines.
But still, there are some features that you also have to find in your chosen headphones to get no harm from them while staying in the tanning bed.
At a Glance:
|Features||Description||Why to Choose this one|
|Waterproof||The headphones have to be waterproof.||While getting tan in a tanning bed, you can sweat and it can get damaged if it’s not waterproof.|
|Heat-Resistance||It has the resistance and is protected from the heat.||The tanning bed session is going to generate heat from the UV lights and can damage the headphones if it is not heat-resistance.|
|Noise proof||Your headphones also have to be noise-proof.||The tanning bed is going to make a sound while giving you a tanning effect, so choose the noise-proof headphones.|
|UV-Resistance||The headphones have to be UV-resistant.||Tanning bed light is UV lights and if the headphones are not UV-resistance then it is going to be damaged in a tanning bed session.|
|Wireless Headphones||The headphones have to be wire-free.||Wire-in headphones can give you tan lines while getting tan, so, try to wear wireless headphones.|
|Battery||The headphones have to get the best battery life.||To make sure that the headphones can continue working during your whole tan session, the headphones have the best battery life.|
|Comfort||The headphones have to fit perfectly and also make you comfortable.||In your tanning session, all you need is just comfort, so, choose a headphone that is super comfortable for you.|
Pros and Cons of Wearing Headphones in a Tanning Bed
While you are allowed to wear headphones in your tanning bed, still there are some bad side effects you can get if you are still not able to choose the best headphones for you. In this part, I’ll discuss the pros and cons of wearing headphones on a tanning bed.
- Block the Noise of the Tanning Bed: Tanning beds create a lot of sounds while you stay in your tanning bed. But the interesting part is that by wearing noise-proof headphones, you can get a noise-free, relaxed mind tanning session. So, by wearing headphones, you are going to block the noise of the tanning bed.
- Gives Your Relaxation: The headphones are going to relax you in your tanning session by comforting your favorite music and also going to make your tanning session enjoyable for you.
- Avoid Loneliness: When you are listening to different kinds of music during your whole tanning session, you are not going to feel lonely anymore. It makes you enjoy your tanning session without making you feel bored.
- Prevent Anxiety: Many people have anxiety about confined spaces. It means that people who have anxiety about staying in a locked place can be afraid of getting tanning bed tan sessions on their skin. Listening to music can keep you from feeling that anxiety. It is a very good idea for people with anxiety who want to get a tan on their skin.
- Block Important Noise: The worst con of using headphones in your tanning bed session because you are using a noise-proof earphone, it won’t give off the sound of the other person who is calling you. If somehow there is going to be an emergency, then you are going to miss it. So, to avoid this situation, always try to stay active and also be sincere about the outside to know if they are asking for something from you.
- Can Give Your Irritation: Sometimes, you can also get irritation from the headphones in your tanning bed session. Tanning bed sessions at high temperatures can also make your headphones heated, and the heat can make you feel uncomfortable while wearing them. If you find yourself in this kind of situation, then just remove your headphones.
- Gives You Tan Lines: Tan lines are the most irritating part of getting a tan look on your skin. If you wear headphones that have a wire, which wire can give you tan lines. It will make your tan look worse. So, if you don’t want these awful-looking tan lines, then make sure to use wireless headphones.
Personal Experience of Wearing AirPods in Tanning Bed
I can speak about my personal experience of wearing AirPods during a tanning session and how it went. It was just once but afterwards, I realized why people don’t want to wear them during tanning. Each session was short so that helped a lot when wearing the AirPods. I had asked the attendant beforehand if I could wear it or not and she said it was okay but the salon was not liable for any damages to the AirPods.
The first sessions were okay, there was no discomfort at all and everything went smoothly. I made sure to listen to music with a reasonable volume so I could also listen to the attendant or any emergencies outside. But in the last few sessions, I noticed my ears getting really hot and it started to feel really uncomfortable. Not to mention that the heat plus the sweat was getting increasingly difficult to bear. For the last session, I just decided to finish it without wearing the AirPods.
Did my AirPods get damaged at the end? They still work perfectly fine so AirPods are good wireless earphones to wear in tanning beds. But would I recommend wearing one? I had a horrible experience wearing them and I wouldn’t personally recommend it but it is up to you. At the very least your earphones will not be damaged so you can be safe with your AirPods in tanning beds.
Is it Safe to Wear Headphones in a Tanning Bed?
If you are still hesitating about wearing headphones in a tanning bed, then don’t hesitate. Wearing headphones in a tanning bed is not something necessary; you can just wear them for your own entertainment. If you do not feel like wearing it in your tanning session, then don’t wear it, and if you are willing to wear headphones in your tanning session, then just wear them. While wearing it, just remember to wear it in the right way and choose the right one to wear. If you can choose the right one and maintain it properly, then wearing headphones in a tanning bed is totally safe for you.
In your tanning bed session, wear little clothes where you want tan lines, and if not, you can also be naked. Also, make sure that your clothes are loose-fitting and lightweight to get the tan effect properly on your skin.
If it comes to your skin’s safety, then a tanning bed is not a safe alternative for you to direct UV lights. This tanning bed’s UV lights also raise the risk of skin cancer.
On average, the effect of the tanning bed tan is going to last at least 7–10 days on your skin. But it can increase or decrease depending on your regular activities.
The tanning bed has become a popular fake tanning machine to get tanned skin. Only by staying a few minutes in bed for 3-5 sessions can you get a long-lasting tan effect on your skin. But in this whole session, to prevent loneliness, the first thing that comes to many of our heads is: Can I wear headphones in a tanning bed? Wearing headphones in a tanning bed is totally safe for you. To wear headphones in tanning beds, all you have to know is which type of headphones you can wear and how to wear them. After learning about wearing headphones in a tanning bed, you are all set to enjoy your tanning bed tan session.
- Wearing headphones during a tanning bed session is a completely safe idea.
- Headphones in a tanning bed session are going to make your tanning session relaxed and enjoyable.
- Before wearing headphones in your tanning session, you must know which type of headphones are perfect for tanning bed sessions.
- If you somehow feel unsafe or uncomfortable with the earphones on, then immediately remove the headphones from your ear.