Table of Contents Show
- Can You Mix Regular Nail Polish with Gel Polish?
- Is It Safe to Mix Regular Polish and Gel Polish Together?
- How to Mix Regular Polish and Gel Polish Together?
- What Will Happen If You Can’t Mix Them Properly?
- How to Apply Mixed Polish on Your Nails?
- How to Take Care of Your Mixed Polish Nail?
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Nails are one of the most essential ways to make your hands look more attractive. To make your hands look more beautiful, you have to shape your nails in many different ways and design them with many colorful polishes. You have to paint your nails with many different colors and polishes. To give fine art to your nails, you have to use different colored polishes. But there are many different polishes you may see for polishing your nails, like gel polish, regular polish, acrylic polish, and breathable nail polish.
But when it comes to mixing polishes, you may wonder whether you can mix your regular nail polish with gel polish. Yes, you can mix your regular polish and gel polish together, but to do so, you have to follow some rules because the consistency of the formulas is not similar to each other. In this article, I’ll talk about whether you can mix regular polish and gel polish together, what will happen if you mix them, whether it is safe to mix them together, and how you can use them together to design your nails.
Can You Mix Regular Nail Polish with Gel Polish?
When it comes to mixing regular polish with gel polish, yes, you can mix them together. But to mix them together, you may have to follow some strict rules. Because without knowing the rules for mixing them together, you may face problems applying them, curing them, and fixing them properly on your nails. To avoid getting these problems and get a beautifully done mixed nail, you have to mix your gel polish and regular polish properly. While mixing your polishes, you have to take 15-20% of gel polish and the rest of the regular polish. Because gel polish is sticky and takes a long time to cure. So, if you take a little amount of gel polish and mix it with your regular polish, your mixed polish solution will have more drying solution in it than the curing solution. After mixing them by following these rules, you can see the result for yourself.
Is It Safe to Mix Regular Polish and Gel Polish Together?
After knowing that you can mix your regular polish with gel polish, you may wonder whether it is a safe idea to do so. Yes, mixing regular polish and gel polish is totally safe for your nails. Because if you read about the ingredients of regular polish and gel polish, you will understand that no harmful products are included in them. So, it doesn’t have any chance of having nail damage. But while you are mixing them, make sure that you are mixing them perfectly. Because if you can’t mix them perfectly, they are not going to work properly on your nails. It only harms the beauty of your nails, not any harmful damage. As a result, we can say that mixing regular polish and gel polish is totally safe and effective if you are able to mix them properly.
How to Mix Regular Polish and Gel Polish Together?
Now, it’s time for the real part of this article: mixing your gel polish and regular polish together. To mix your gel polish and regular polish together:
- Surface: The first rule you have to follow is to choose a smooth, flat surface area. It will be very easy to mix the regular polish and gel polish on a smooth surface. Otherwise, if you choose any unsmooth area, it will be difficult for you to mix them together.
- Pouring the nail polish: Now on that smooth area, apply the amount of regular polish that you have chosen to use on your nails. After that, take 15–20% of each nail polish and pour it. Remember that regular polishes have a thin layer, so they can dry quickly.
- Mixing it together: On the other side, gel polishes are so thickly formulated that they take a long time to dry out. After taking the number of polishes, take a clean nail brush and mix the polishes together.
Now your mixed polish is ready to be applied to your nails to give them a luxurious appearance.
What Will Happen If You Can’t Mix Them Properly?
Somehow, if you are not able to mix your gel polish and regular polish properly, you may face some serious problems. You can face problems like:
- Slimy Textured Polish: While mixing regular polish and gel polish, you may find that your mixed polish gets slimy textured. Because of that texture, it can be so hard for you to apply them to your nails. It’s really frustrating to mix the polishes together.
- Discolored Polish: The regular polish you have already chosen is ready to apply, which is why when you apply it directly to your nails, it looks perfect. But when you mix gel polish in it, it starts to become more and lighter. If you mistakenly apply a lot of gel polish to it, it may discolor, and as a result, you may get a very annoying colored polish on your nails.
- Delayed Cure Process: If you can’t mix them properly, you may also have problems while curing them. Regular polishes come with more dry ingredients, while gel polishes come with a sticky formula with curing ingredients. So, after mixing them, you may face problems like your mixed pills taking too much time to cure them.
- Extra Thick Layered Polish: Gel polishes are super sticky, as we all know, and if you put so much gel polish in your mixed gel polish, then after applying and curing the polish, you may get an extra thick layer of polish on your nails. Those thick nails are going to make you feel super uncomfortable working with those weighted nails.
- Unsatisfied Look: You are mixing polishes to make your nails more pretty. But with discolored, thick polish, your nails are not going to look very beautiful. So, you are going to feel really uncomfortable with those nails. If you can’t mix them properly, then getting unsatisfied-looking nails is a must.
As a result, if you are not able to mix the gel polish and regular polish properly, you are going to get slimy, thick, discolored, and unsatisfied-looking nails with a delayed cure process. If you don’t want to face all these problems, then you must mix your two polishes together perfectly.
How to Apply Mixed Polish on Your Nails?
To apply mixed polish to your nails, there are two methods. In this part of the article, I am going to tell you both ways to apply mixed polish to your nails.
- Clean Your Nails: The first process you have to follow is to clean your nails with a nail cleanser. You have to clean all the excessive oils and dirt from your nails.
- Push Cuticles Back: Now take a cuticle pusher and push back the cuticles of your nails on the backside to make your nail plates visible.
- File Your Nails: With the help of a filer, file your nails into the exact shape that you are willing to get. And also file the shiny layer of your nails.
- Apply Base Coat: Apply a base coat to your nails to create a protective layer.
- Polish The Gel Polish: After drying the base coat, apply the gel polish to your nails. Gel polish will leave a glassy layer on your nails. Wait until it becomes dry, and after that, skip to the next part.
- Apply Regular Polish: Now apply your chosen regular polish to your nails. And wait for its dryness.
- Polish Top Coats: Lastly, polish your nails with a top coat to protect the colorful polishes from any kind of damage to your nails. And you are ready to enjoy your attractive-looking nails.
- Clean Your Nails: Cleaning your nails is a must before working on them. It helps to remove all the oils and dandruff from your nails.
- Push Back Cuticles: As with the first method, push back your cuticles and make your nail plates visible.
- File Your Nails: File your nails in your shape and remove the shiny layer of your nails as well.
- Apply Base Coat: Applying a base coat to your nails is very important to protect them from any kind of damage.
- Apply Mixed Polish: Now, it’s time to apply the mixed polish that you have created by mixing your regular polish and gel polish together. Wait until it’s dry.
- Complete Polishing with Top Coats: Apply a good-quality top coat to your mixed-polished nails to protect the polish from any kind of damage.
✨ You May like: How To Make Dip Nails Shiny Again?
How to Take Care of Your Mixed Polish Nail?
After putting so much effort into mixing and applying, no one will want to have damaged mixed-polish nails. So, to protect your mixed-polish nails, you have to take good care of them. You must perform the following activities to care for your mixed polish nails:
- Avoid Water: Water can weaken the solution of your mixed polish and make it peel off your nails easily. To avoid any damage to your mixed nails, you have to avoid water as much as you can. If you have to work with water for a long time, then wear water-resistant gloves to protect your mixed, polished nails.
- Keep your hands moisturized. Always try to keep your hands moisturized. Because dry skin and cuticles can make the mixed polish peel off your nails.
- Avoid Heat: Avoiding heat is very important while you have polish on your nails. Because the warmth of the heat weakens the solution of your polish and makes it look worse. So, avoid heat as much as you can to protect your mixed-polish nails.
- Apply Cuticle Oil: You can also apply cuticle oil to your cuticles. It will help you strengthen the cuticles to keep your nails strong and healthy and protect them from any damage.
- Be Gentle With Your Nails: While working with your nails, always try to be gentle with them. Because rough handling can harm your polished nails look in a very bad way.
- Avoid Using Harsh Chemicals: Harsh chemicals contain many chemicals that can react with your polish and make it peel off or melt from your nails. So, after applying mixed polish to your nails, avoiding harsh chemicals will be the best idea for you.
Applying a base and top coat is appropriate for polishing your nails. The base coat will help you protect your natural nails from any kind of damage, while the top coat will help protect the color of your nails.
Yes, mixing regular polish with acrylic polish is possible. Because the color of regular polishes comes from the acrylic color powder, mixing your acrylic polish with regular polish is possible. But you have to use a little amount of acrylic polish while mixing the polishes to avoid any kind of damage to your mixed polish.
Using base coats as top coats is not suggested. Because of the similarity in their looks, many want to apply a base coat as a top coat. Applying a base coat as a top coat won’t protect your nails because their workflows are different.
To look more attractive, polishing your nails is going to add extra beauty to your hands. To polish our nails, we basically use many different polishes. Among all polishes, people love to use regular polish and gel polish. While applying regular polish and gel polish, you may wonder if you should mix them and then apply them to your nails. Mixing regular and gel polish together is possible, but you have to know the rules before you mix them, or else you may get worse-looking nails.
While mixing the two polishes, you have to add 15-20% of the gel polish to the regular polish. Then you have to mix them perfectly and apply them to your nails. After doing so much hard work to get mixed gel polish nails, you have to take good care of them to increase their longevity.
- Mixing gel polish and regular polish is possible. You can mix them and apply them to your nails to make them look attractive.
- While mixing them, always remember to take 15–20% of gel polish for every ounce of regular polish you are taking.
- Mix the gel polish and regular polish properly; otherwise, you may get discolored, slimy, thick, and unsatisfied-looking nails after applying them to your nails.
- After mixing the polishes together, try to apply the mixed polish perfectly to your nails and enjoy your freshly polished nails.
- To keep them looking beautiful and increase the longevity of your polished nails, always try to take good care of them and also avoid activities that can harm them.
✨ Next Attraction: Are Nail Stickers Bad For Your Nails?