Table of Contents Show
- Can You Put A Silk Bonnet On Wet Hair? – Discovering The Possibility
- A Complete Guide For Silk Bonnet On Wet Hair
- Alternatives Of Bonnet For Wet Hair
- Final Thoughts
- Key Takeaways
Covering your head with a head cover while sleeping is the best thing you can do for your hair to keep it out from any damage. Although there are several kinds of head covers from bonnets to scarves, silk bonnets are the best. The soft, silky surface area protects your hair from the outer frictions. But when you are taking showers just before sleeping, can you put a silk bonnet on wet hair comes in question. Since wet hair is the most vulnerable situation for hair you need to be very careful in caring for wet hair.
When you put your hair on silk bonnets they keep it nice and tidy keeping it away from being messy. If you want to get a nice hair day, you have to know all the possibilities of putting wet hair on silk bonnets. Well, for a definite answer, you can put wet hair on silk bonnets but things need to be done in a proper way. With the help of guided directions on how to put your wet hair on silk bonnets, you can have all the benefits needed. So let’s jump into it to have great hair every day.
Can You Put A Silk Bonnet On Wet Hair? – Discovering The Possibility
There are both agreements and disagreements about putting a silk bonnet on wet hair by experts. Before we jump into our own statement let’s check out both possibilities.
Reasons Behind Disagreements About Putting A Silk Bonnet
- Smell: Putting a silk bonnet over wet hair can lead to having a congested smell in the morning. This might stay on your hair until you wash it again.
- Mildew: There is a possibility of getting mildew and mold growth on your hair if a bonnet is put on wet hair.
- Destroying bonnet: You may cause problems for the bonnet by putting it on wet hair. This can hamper the material by absorbing moisture from hair.
Reasons Behind Agreements About Putting A Silk Bonnet
- Silk bonnet can dry your hair slowly, without the need for any heat drier when used correctly.
- Locking in moisture becomes easy with a silk bonnet on wet hair. When you have put on conditioner, a silk bonnet can help lock in the conditioner in your hair and make it silky smooth all day long.
- A silk bonnet will give your wet hair protection from sticking to the rough pillow and facing damage.
- Putting on a silk bonnet over your wet hair will prevent the sensitive cuticles from dryness and fizziness.
- When you put on a silk bonnet over your wet hair it does not stick together rather keeps the hair separated and silky.
- Putting on a silk bonnet over your wet hair can actually reduce getting headaches.
- Silk bonnets over wet hair have been proven to reduce hair fall and make any products work better on your hair.
After having a complete personal experience of the agreements and disagreements the final statement is you can put a silk bonnet over your wet hair. The disagreements come from putting a silk bonnet in an inappropriate way over your wet hair. But putting your hair in a silk bonnet in an appropriate manner can lead to additional benefits and improved hair condition. This whole process requires some cautions, and guidelines for you to follow that we are going to explain in a bit. But overall you can be free from the worry of getting hair problems by putting on a silk bonnet over wet hair.
A Complete Guide For Silk Bonnet On Wet Hair
With the complete guide to having a silk bonnet on wet hair, you will be able to get rid of any kind of problems regarding using a silk bonnet. Here are some things that you should be cautious of for using a silk bonnet on wet hair.
1. Towel dry your hair
Make sure you are not putting your hair in a silk bonnet dripping wet. Before putting on a silk bonnet pat your hair dry well with a microfiber tower. Soaking wet hair would not do good in a silk bonnet.
2. Type of bonnet
It is very important for you to understand the type of hair bonnet you are using. Not all the silk bonnets have the capability to let your hair dry. Many silk bonnets can congest your hair and keep it wet for a long time. Choose a silk bonnet that is breathable and has less density.
Detangle your hair before putting on a silk bonnet. This way you will have smooth tangle free, frizz-free hair the day after.
4. Put the hair in place
While you put on the bonnet make sure all the hair is set in place. You should not wrap or tie your wet hair on the silk bonnet rather gently putting it on the silk bonnet would do great.
5. Secure the bonnet
You need to secure the bonnet very well to keep your hair in place. Make sure to choose a hair bonnet that has a rubber band or buttons to keep it secure and intact all along. You can keep it all night while sleeping or just remove the bonnet after drying.
6. Taking care of the silk bonnet
It is very important to take care of your silk bonnet to get beautiful hair. For maintenance wash your hair regularly with mild detergent and lukewarm water. Allow the bonnet to dry completely after using it on the wet hair and then store it. If you aren’t taking care of your silk bonnet properly it is not going to give you the desired benefits.
Alternatives Of Bonnet For Wet Hair
Silk bonnets are not the only thing that can protect your hair from damage. You surely can put on a silk bonnet on wet hair but there are alternatives that can be used. So let’s find out some best of them.
This drying method requires a t-shirt or a microfiber cloth. You need to scrunch your hair in the fiber and wrap the hair around your head which is going to enhance curls, minimizing frizz and breakage. This method works almost like a bonnet but works wonders for curly hair enhancing the appearance of curls.
Another very popular method of drying hair is drying your hair with a towel. This method is usually used by people to cover wet hair and protect it from any kind of damage while sleeping. But this method might not always make your hair dry completely. So better to use very thin fabric instead of traditional thick towels.
It is best to wash your hair bonnets regularly after putting on wet hair. Since the silk bonnet is going to absorb all the additional moisture of your hair you might want to wash it soon after using.
Yes, braiding wet hair can lead to different kinds of problems for your hair. When putting on a bonnet you need to keep your hair open not braided or tied.
Well, you might not get silky hair overnight but can definitely get silky smooth hair by opting for good habits like putting on a silk bonnet over your wet hair, nourishing, locking in moisture, combing, etc.
Silk hair bonnets are an incredible way to keep your hair away from damage and breakage. When it comes to wet hair they are very prone to damage and frizz. Putting on a silk bonnet on wet hair has several aspects because of the different experiences of people. This can easily be resolved by understanding the proper way of using a silk bonnet on wet hair. You can easily gather all the guidelines for using silk bonnets on wet hair from the section above. Those guidelines are going to make your silk bonnet journey easier and smoother. There are other alternatives to silk bonnets that you can go for if silk bonnets do not work on your wet hair. Use your silk bonnets on wet hair and acquire all the benefits with appropriate usage directions and tips.
- Going to bed with wet hair is not the ideal way to manage your hair and keep it away from all the trouble.
- Although there are both agreements and disagreements on putting silk bonnets over wet hair you can put silk bonnets over wet hair with the necessary directions and measures.
- Having a complete guide on using silk bonnets can make all the bad experiences go away and give you the additional benefits of silk bonnets.
- There are various alternatives that you can use over silk bonnets on your wet hair if bonnets are not working well.
- Putting on silk bonnets on wet hair is completely normal and possesses additional benefits but that has to be in a particular direction otherwise having a bad experience is quite normal.