Table of Contents Show
- Understanding CeraVe Moisturizers
- Debunking the Acne Claims of CeraVe Moisturizers
- 6 Tips for Incorporating CeraVe Moisturizers in Your Skincare Routine
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Finding the perfect skin care products that would not make you break out or give you allergic reactions is tiring. This becomes even more difficult when you have acne-prone skin. Moisturizers are a crucial step in the whole skincare routine that can bind the whole skincare together. Finding the perfect moisturizer for your acne-prone skin can be a lot more challenging than it looks, especially when so many options are available in the market. A good moisturizer can lift up your facial texture very easily and at the same time can degrade the face condition very quickly if not have been used a good one based on your skin condition.
CeraVe is a skincare line with so many good products that have been earning everyone’s heart through their mind-blowing results. This brand has been suggested by many dermatologists for its capability as a good skincare brand. CeraVe has quite a lot of moisturizers for almost every skin condition. But recently many questions are popping up and everyone’s asking does CeraVe moisturizing cream causes acne or not. To have a specific answer, we must look into this possibility and dig deep into why these questions have been rising.
Understanding CeraVe Moisturizers
CeraVe is an affordable skincare line that was founded in 2005. CeraVe products gained popularity due to their affordability and targeting skin conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, and milia. The main ingredient used in this brand’s skincare products is ceramides, which it is named after. The major strength of CeraVe is that they have an advanced formula called MultiVesicular Emulsion Technology (MVE). According to them, this technology releases ceramides formula into the skin slowly. CeraVe is so popular because it is good for every skin type be it normal, oily, or dry. Also, the gentle formula goes into the skin like no other moisturizer. If we take a look into the ingredients of CeraVe moisturizers we see some good hydrating ingredients that we all want in our skin. So, if we wrap the thing why CeraVe is good and gained so much popularity we see 4 reasons:
1. Advanced Ceramide Complex
CeraVe moisturizers have a blend of essential ceramides or lipids, and these are formulated with MVE delivery technology. This formulation helps and maintains the skin’s natural protective barrier. This advanced formula has the strength to lock in moisture and prevent transepidermal water loss. Because of the protective barrier skin stays hydrated and supple.
2. Non-comedogenic and Gentle Formulas
CeraVe moisturizers are formulated in a way that they are non-comedogenic which means these moisturizers cannot clog your pores. There are many moisturizers out there that have the possibility to clog pores but for CeraVe moisturizers that is not really the case.
3. Multitasking Benefits
CeraVe moisturizers have the potential to offer multiple benefits at a time. Their multi-tasking formula makes the CeraVe moisturizers good for every skin type. These moisturizers focus on multiple concerns, texture-enhancing ingredients, and soothing capabilities.
4. Dermatologist Recommended
CeraVe moisturizers are frequently recommended by various dermatologists and skincare professionals. This is because of their not-too-complex formulation and scientifically proven formula. Their brand is committed to developing both effective and gentle formulas. When so many professionals are choosing CeraVe moisturizers it immediately makes it at the top.
“CeraVe is a commonly recommended brand in my practice, especially for acne patients and patients with eczema,”Juliya Fisher, MD
Debunking the Acne Claims of CeraVe Moisturizers
Although CeraVe has been formulated with so much care and proven to work with your skin very well. CeraVe can keep the natural texture of skin well balanced. Still, there have been incidents that people have had acne due to including CeraVe moisturizer in their routine. If CeraVe has been trusted by dermatologists and skincare professionals and is formulated with so many good ingredients, then why does this kind of breakout happen? To answer all of these questions we will dig out the reasons CeraVe can cause acne.
Well there 5 reasons CeraVe can cause acne on your skin:
1. Not Fungal Acne Safe
CeraVe moisturizers do contain ingredients that have the potential to cause fungal acne. CeraVe moisturizer has Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride that can cause acne. This can cause fungal acne-prone skin cause breakouts.
2. Individual Sensitivity
Everyone possess different kinds of skin type and they may have allergy to specific ingredients that are commonly found in skincare products. CeraVe moisturizers are filled with a mix of ceramides and this blend can cause allergic reactions to different skin types. Ceramides can be too rich for some skin type like, acne prone and oily skin type. This rich blend of CeraVe moisturizers can break out or even clog pores. This is why there is a possibility CeraVe moisturizers can cause acne.
3. Ingredient Interaction
CeraVe is a very gentle formula by itself but if you are mixing CeraVe with something very harsh and some products that are already breaking you out then you can have acne. CeraVe has an exclusive formula called MVE that slowly releases ceramides into the skin. If you are pairing these moisturizers with active acids like Vitamin C or hydroxy acids, then there is a high possibility of CeraVe moisturizers causing acne.
4. Possibility Of Side Effects
CeraVe moisturizers have the possibility of causing side effects that are very serious. CeraVe has the possibility to cause serious allergic reactions, hives, itching, swallowing, blister, skin peeling, tightness in the throat and chest, and swallowing of mouth, lips, and eyes.
5. Over Application
Using too much of CeraVe moisturizers can cause you acne. This is a very heavy formula that has oils to keep the moisture locked in place. This kind of moisturizer can be too heavy for some skin types and when you have too much of the CeraVe moisturizers this can make your skin oily and clog pores. It’s essential that you use moisturizer only the amount the skin is needed.
Well, CeraVe is a brand that is trusted by all but there are possibilities of having acne like any other product if precautions are not taken.
6 Tips for Incorporating CeraVe Moisturizers in Your Skincare Routine
CeraVe can be really good for your skin without causing acne. You just need to have the good one chosen and incorporate it in skincare with caution with proper guidelines. Here let’s discuss everything you need to know for incorporating CeraVe moisturizer into your skincare.
- Before you incorporate CeraVe moisturizer in your skincare know about your skin and the available CeraVe moisturizers. Since there are plenty CeraVe moisturizers available you can choose to have one according to your skin type and you can also choose to use CeraVe moisturizer for certain skin concerns. Choose one moisturizer that goes with your skin type.
- Think about your existing skincare routine before incorporating CeraVe moisturizer. If you already have an existing skincare routine, then you need to think about the ingredients. Because Ceramide blend used in CeraVe moisturizer can cause acne if incorporated with the wrong ingredients.
- Avoid using CeraVe moisturizers with any kind of active acids. Active acids can be tricky to use. When you mix the actives with another active ingredient there is a possibility to cause acne. Use CeraVe moisturizer in a separate skincare routine then the active acids.
- Use a gentle cleanser before you use CeraVe moisturizers. Using too harsh a cleanser can cause your skin to exfoliate. Exfoliated skin has the possibility to have acne if mixed with CeraVe moisturizers.
- If you have fungal acne, then it is best to do a patch test or use the gentle CeraVe moisturizer without any of the active ingredients.
- Do not apply too much of CeraVe moisturizer. Use only a pea size amount of moisturizer and spread it all over your face. Do massage the moisturizer for it to seep into the skin.
✨ You May like: Does Accutane Help With Hyperpigmentation?
Generally, CeraVe moisturizers do not clog pores unless it is not compatible with your skin.
CeraVe has the ingredients that can heal acne for most people. But there can be different cases based on skin type and sensitivity.
Yes, you can use CeraVe moisturizers every day. It is generally safe when you apply it correctly with the correct amount.
CeraVe is a very popular skincare brand that has quite a lot of moisturizers for almost every skin type. This brand’s moisturizers are considered to be gentle and have very less possibility to cause severe reactions. But even after all these CeraVe moisturizers cause breakouts and acne sometimes. Fungal acne is the main thing that can happen due to using CeraVe moisturizer. There are other reasons like overlapping, using along with harsh chemicals can cause acne too. But if you can avoid the things that have the possibility to cause acne then CeraVe can really be a good moisturizer that is very affordable too. following the guidelines of incorporating CeraVe moisturizers in your skincare routine can be helpful too.
- CeraVe is a very popular affordable brand that has good moisturizers for almost every skin concern and has been trusted by skin professionals.
- CeraVe has gained popularity for so many reasons, among them Non-comedogenic, Multi-tasking, and Complex ceramide blends are the most popular reasons.
- There have been incidents where people had acne due to CeraVe moisturizer. There are a few reasons that this gentle moisture has caused acne. Having Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Individual sensitivity, over-application, and ingredients interaction are the most common reason.
- The acne caused by CeraVe moisturizer can easily be avoided if we have just been cautious and followed the proper guidelines to use CeraVe moisturizer.
✨ Next Attraction: Can Crepey Skin Be Reversed?