Dermaplaning is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that involves using a surgical scalpel to remove dead skin cells and fine hair from the surface of the skin. The primary goal of dermaplaning is to exfoliate the skin and remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells, which can lead to a smoother, brighter complexion. It can also help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation. Moreover, removing the fine hair can create a more even surface for makeup application.
On the other hand, people wear makeup on their skin for enhancing physical appearance, boosting confidence, covering up imperfections, expressing creativity, and for cultural or social reasons. While makeup can be a fun and empowering tool for self-expression, it’s also important to wear makeup at the right time. Many of you want to wear makeup right after the treatment. But you become confused about it. So, how long after dermaplaning can you wear makeup becomes an important question. It’s always best to follow the specific aftercare instructions provided by your skin care specialist.
- How Long After Dermaplaning Can I Wear Makeup?
- Why Not Wear Makeup Right After Dermaplaning?
- 4 Tips for Wearing Makeup After Dermaplaning
- 1. Go for Oil-Free or Non-Comedogenic Products
- 2. Go for Natural or Mineral-Based Products
- 3. Go for Lightweight Formula Products
- 4. Go for Minimum Coverage Products
How Long After Dermaplaning Can I Wear Makeup?
Your face will feel clean, smooth, and lighter right away after dermaplaning. Your face is free of the dirt that clogs pores and suffocates the skin. Through a single session of the treatment, you can clean the dead cells and dirt accumulated in two to three weeks. The smooth surface of your face seems ideal for wearing makeup when you touch it. But, we advise using very little of it.
According to expert’s opinion, you can wear makeup after 24 to 48 hours of dermaplaning. However, people with extra sensitive skin will have to wait for more time. As a result, your skin will have time to heal from the treatment and rejuvenate from the aftereffects of dermaplaning. There will be less chance of discomfort or inflammation. This will also give your skin a chance to absorb any moisturizers or other post-treatment products that may have been applied. Make sure your skin has been washed before putting on any makeup.
But you may need to wear makeup before the 24-hour mark. So, in that situation, be sure to use clean, and germ-free tools and avoid applying any products that contain harsh or irritating ingredients, such as exfoliants or acids. Additionally, use gentle, sweeping motions when applying makeup to avoid disturbing the skin and causing further irritation. Always consult with your dermatologist or skincare provider for personalized recommendations on post-treatment care and when it’s safe to resume your regular makeup routine.
Why Not Wear Makeup Right After Dermaplaning?
Right after dermaplaning, it may be interesting to attempt wearing makeup to take a look at the smoothness of your face. But, it is not a good idea. Even though applying makeup is possible after it, you shouldn’t do it right away. These are the reasons why not wear the products right after it.
- Cause dryness and redness of skin: Due to the exfoliating process, you may continue to notice dryness and redness in specific areas. If nothing has gone wrong, this is natural and will usually go away.
- Cause inflammation of skin: No change may be visible after the treatment. While you must keep in mind that part of your skin was removed. As a result, your skin becomes more delicate and exposed. In this state, wearing makeup on your skin might worsen it even more, causing inflammation.
- Cause an immediate penetration to skin: Risks are not associated with every makeup product. Some makeups go and penetrate your face immediately, such as foundation, concealer, highlighter, and blush. You must avoid these items. While you can apply mascara and eye makeup right after the treatment.
✨ You May like: Does Dermaplaning Help with Wrinkles?
4 Tips for Wearing Makeup After Dermaplaning
It’s important to choose makeup products made for sensitive skin while wearing makeup after dermaplaning. You will maintain the healthiest possible skin and inflammation will be reduced as a result. You also need to remember that your skin will be more sensitive following the treatment. So, you should refrain from using products with a lot of harsh chemicals or a lot of coverage. As wearing makeup after 24 to 48 hours of dermaplaning is recommended, you need to keep a few things in mind regarding the products. Here are 4 tips for wearing them after dermaplaning.
1. Go for Oil-Free or Non-Comedogenic Products
Non-comedogenic products don’t include substances that clog pores. This is important since your skin will be more prone to breakouts after the procedure. To make sure that a product won’t add to clogged pores, it is good to go for products that are marked as oil-free or non-comedogenic.
2. Go for Natural or Mineral-Based Products
Some people have sensitive skin. For them, mineral-based makeup is a wonderful option because it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals or scents that could irritate the skin. To get the best product for your skin, find mineral-based or natural goods.
3. Go for Lightweight Formula Products
People with sensitive skin should utilize lightweight solutions because they won’t irritate or weigh down the skin. Choose liquid or cream formulations that blend easily and do not clog your pores with oil or grease.
After dermaplaning, it’s essential to choose cosmetics products that won’t clog pores or irritate the skin and aren’t acnegenic. Use a primer and stay away from the heavy foundation when doing makeup. Heavy foundation can irritate your skin. Sunscreen is also necessary to shield the skin from the sun’s damaging UV radiation.
4. Go for Minimum Coverage Products
Avoid using foundations and concealers with a lot of coverage after dermaplaning as they might clog pores and aggravate sensitive skin. Instead, choose products with a minimum coverage so that your skin may breathe. Use a tinted moisturizer or a color-correcting primer if you require more coverage.
Alternatives to Wearing Makeup After Dermaplaning
Instead of applying makeup after the treatment, there are several alternatives you should do. Redness and dryness can be avoided by maintaining hydrated, moisturized skin.
Your skin should be moisturized after dermaplaning. You can apply several serums to cover your face with hydrating ingredients. To increase skin hydration, most people rely on products that contain hyaluronic acid.
Your skin is more sensitive to the damaging substances outside, such as UV light. After dermaplaning, use sunscreen because your skin will be more vulnerable to the sun’s rays. Choose a sunscreen that delivers broad-spectrum protection and has an SPF of a minimum of 30.
To keep your face covered and free from sunburn, you can also avail of physical barriers like an umbrella. Dead skin cells and hair on the skin’s surface have been removed at this point, making it more sensitive and easier to develop sunburned skin.
It is good to show up to work with a fresh face. Please try to avoid wearing makeup for 24 to 48 hours. After treatment, do not use any topical products for 72 hours.
You can dermaplane two to five days before your wedding. It is an effective method to exfoliate your skin and get rid of facial vellus hair at the same time.
Dermaplaning is an additional method of exfoliation since it clears away dead skin. Your face might feel clean and soft after using it. Applying makeup can be made easier because of this. After the treatment, you can apply makeup to an even, smooth surface.
Dermaplaning is a useful treatment that could improve the appearance of your makeup and make your face appear flawless. This is for the removal of peach fuzz, also known as vellus hair. It makes your makeup appear cakey. Because how the skin is very sensitive afterward, having makeup on your face after dermaplaning is a big no! I would suggest waiting for at least 24 hours after a dermaplaning treatment before applying makeup. This allows time for your skin to fully recover and for any redness or irritation to subside.
The skin barrier is more fragile after the treatment. So, go for oil-free or non-comedogenic, natural or mineral-based, lightweight formula, and minimum coverage products. Also, clean your makeup brushes and sponges regularly to prevent the buildup of bacteria, which can lead to breakouts and other skin issues. As an alternative to wearing makeup to your face, hydrate your skin with a moisturizer and cover your skin with sunscreen or an umbrella.
- You can use makeup after dermaplaning, but that doesn’t mean you should do it immediately after the treatment.
- Experts suggest wearing makeup after 24 to 48 hours of dermaplaning treatment.
- If you wear makeup right after the treatment, your skin may have some risks like dryness, redness, and inflammation of the skin, and an immediate penetration of certain makeup products to the skin.
- While choosing makeup products, go for oil-free or non-comedogenic, natural or mineral-based, lightweight formula, and minimum coverage products.
- Instead of applying makeup after the treatment, you can try alternatives like moisturizer and sunscreen. Hydrate your skin with a moisturizer and cover your skin with sunscreen or an umbrella.
✨ Next Attraction: What Serum to Use After Dermaplaning?