Table of Contents Show
Showering helps spray tans to fully develop and settle into the skin. For that, take your shower after waiting for a certain period of spray tan. There are many different methods for tanning like natural sunlight, sunless self-tanner, self-tanning bronzers, tanning beds, tanning pills, spray tans, etc. Spray tan has become a very popular tanning method over the last few years. And, Versa Spray Tan is an automated sunless spray tanning system which gives a high-quality salon-style experience. You can shower after a Versa Spray Tan although it is not the right thing to do immediately after tanning.
Showering immediately would stop the color from developing in full swing and the tan won’t be so dark as you desire. It is a must to wait for a certain period after the spray tan to take a shower. Now, the question is: How long to shower after Versa Spray Tan? Waiting for 4 to 8 hours before showering is considered to be ideal in this case. Let’s find out more interesting facts about the waiting period to shower after this Versa spray tan!
Versa Spray Tan and DHA
Versa Spray Tan is a popular brand of sunless spray tanning system. It gives tanners a sunless tan by spraying a fine mist of tanning solution onto the skin. There is no need for exposure to UV rays from the sun or tanning beds to achieve a tan. This process involves stepping into the booth and following instructions for body positioning. Finally, an automated spray system applies a fine mist of tanning solution to your skin providing a sun-kissed or bronzed appearance.
DHA or Dihydroxyacetone is an ingredient commonly used in spray tanning products like sunless tanners, spray tan solutions, tinted moisturizers, etc. It has been given approval by the FDA for external use in sunless tanning solutions. The ingredient is actively used in externally applied Versaspa tanning solutions. DHA gets enough time to combine and react with skin proteins during the period of waiting to shower after the Versa spray tan.
How Long to Shower After Versa Spray Tan?
You should wait for a minimum of 4 hours after the Versa spray tan. But, wait for 8 hours if you want optimal results. If you wait less than 4 hours, the DHA won’t set properly and give a less intense tanning result. Again, waiting for 24 hours before showering after the spray tan will result in an even tan. For that, you may shower the next morning. But, the tanning result does not vary whether you wait for 8 hours or 24 hours. Also, it is an unnecessary waste of time to wait for 24 hours. So, you can wait for 4 to 8 hours only which would be enough for Versa spray tan to fully develop and you get the full benefits of VersaSpa.
Factors for The Waiting Period to Shower After Versa Spray Tan
The waiting period to shower after a Versa spray tan may vary. While it depends on the following factors.
- Solution Type: Different spray tan solutions may have different waiting periods. So, you should follow the instructions provided by the salon or the product manufacturer.
- Solution Strength: A stronger solution may require a longer waiting period, typically 4-8 hours, while a lighter solution might allow for a shorter wait, often around 2-4 hours.
- Skin Type: Skin type can influence how long the Versa spray tan takes to develop and how long you should wait before showering. People with lighter skin tones might see results faster.
- Tan Intensity: If you want a deeper tan, you should wait longer before showering. On the other hand, a lighter tan develops more quickly.
- Advice from Professionals: You should follow the advice from the salon regarding how long to wait to shower after Versa Spray Tan. The advised period of different salons to wait before showering may be slightly different.
Precautions You Should Take While Waiting to Shower After Versa Spray Tan
Following are some precautions you should take while waiting to take a shower.
- Use an Instant Cosmetic Bronzer as the instant cosmetic color gets washed for showering although the color produced by the DHA stays.
- Do not work out or engage in any kind of activities that draw sweat as sweat may clean part of your spray tan.
- Do not moisturize your skin and do not apply liquid bases like foundation on it.
- Do not wear tight outfits as those may clean part of your tan too.
Showering immediately after the Versa spray tan makes your tanning less intensified. The waiting period to shower after the spray tan ranges between 4 to 8 hours. Within this period, the spray tan can fully develop and make you fully benefit from VersaSpa. You may wait for 24 hours to get a smooth tan but it is unnecessary. But, if you wait for less than 4 hours, the DHA will neither get enough time to set nor be able to combine with skin proteins. As a result, the Versa spray tan will result in a less intense tan. Factors related to the solution of the spray tan, the intensity of the tan, skin type, etc. determine the waiting period after the Versa spray tan takes a shower.