Table of Contents Show
An essential element that can make you look more attractive is known as your nails. This body part can give you a luxurious appearance, and change your regular nail look into an attractive one. To look attractive, people love to paint their nails or give them many different shapes, or try different nail designs to keep hype up with the fashion. It helps to make them look more and more beautiful by giving them a confidential look. There are many types of paint you can use.
But among all, matte nails have another place in people’s minds for those who love to paint their nails. Matte nails are one kind of polish that gives you smooth-finished nails with colors without any shine. So, matte nails are colored nails with no shine. People love this because it can give you a classy, modern, and luxurious look. Because of its different, innovative formula, people love to get it. People wonder how they can clean matte nails. In this article, I will talk about whether they are safe, how to apply them, how to clean them, and how to take care of your own nails.
Are Getting Matte Nails Safe?
Whenever you are willing to get a polish, you must know if it is safe for you or not. It’s very important to take care of your health. It is the same for the matte nails. Matte nail polish contains ingredients like:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Silica, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, and Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate.
They are all considered safe for use on nails. So getting matte nails will bring no problems for your nails unless you are allergic to one of these ingredients.
How To Apply Matte Nails?
To get perfect-looking matte nails You must know how to apply matte nails perfectly. In this part, I am giving you a guideline for applying perfectly matte nails.
- Clean Your Nails: The first thing you have to do is clean your nails to remove all the dirt and oils from them.
- Push Your Cuticles Back: With the help of a cuticle pusher, push the cuticles of your nails backward to make your nail plate visible.
- Cut Excessive Cuticles: Take a cuticle cutter and cut all the excessive cuticles from your nail’s side.
- Shape Your Nail: Now, take a file and shape your nails in the shape you are willing to see.
- Remove The Shine: Remove all the shiny effects from your nails with that filer to make the polish sting on your nails.
- Apply Base Coat: After completing pushing and filing, apply a base coat to protect your nails from harmful damage.
- Apply Matte-Finished Color: Apply the matte-finished color shade you choose to polish your nail.
- Apply Matte Top Coat: At last, you have to apply the matte top coat to give it a matte finish and also protect your matte polish.
Now, you are ready to enjoy your matte-finished nails.
4 Steps to Clean Matte Nails
After completing applying and enjoying them, it’s time for the main part of cleaning them. Cleaning matte nails means cleaning the dirt from your matte nails to give them back their old shine. To clean your matte nails, you have to follow these steps:
1. Soak Your Nails
Soak your matte nails in normal water. While soaking your nails, you must be aware that hot water can weaken the matte nail solution, whereas cold water can make the dirt and oil cling to your nails more strongly. So, always use normal water. It will help you remove the dirt and oil from your nails. And it will make it easy to clean them properly to give your nails their beauty back.
2. Wash Them With Liquid Soap
Soaps are used to remove dirt and oil from our skin. On our nails, it will also work the same way. You have to take a small amount of liquid soap and gently rub it on your nails to clean them and protect their beauty. After properly cleaning, rinse your nails with normal water and make your nails dry with the help of a towel.
3. Scrub Your Nails
After washing, if you feel like your nails are not properly cleaned, then you need to scrub them. To scrub your nails, you have to take a soft brush that won’t harm the matte polish and gently scrub your nails. During the scrubbing, time must be taken to take a good look at the cuticles. Because cuticles can also carry dirt and oils that can harm your matte nails. Rinse your nails again and wait until they’re dry.
4. Apply Matte Top Coat
After completing washing and scrubbing to clean your nails, now it’s time to apply a layer of matte top coat. A matte top coat on your washed nails will create a protective layer on your matte nails to protect them from any kind of damage, and it will also help in increasing the longevity of your nails.
After following all these processes completely, you will see that your nails have regained their previous gorgeous matte look.
✨ You May like: Can You Use Setting Powder Without Foundation?
Matte Nails Matte Nails Care Routine
After putting so much effort into getting matte nails and cleaning them, people all want to keep them on for a long time. But if you can’t take good care of your matte nails, then you must reduce their longevity. To increase longevity and keep the same look as the first, you must take good care of your matte nails. To take care of your matte nails, you have to follow these steps:
- Keep them clean: after getting matte nails, always try to keep them clean from any kind of dirt to protect them and increase their longevity.
- Avoid excessive water exposure: water can weaken the solution of your matte nails and make them look miserable by removing the glow on its own. But if you have to work with water, always wear water-resistance gloves to protect your matte nails from any damage.
- Avoid warmth and heat: any kind of warmth and heat also contain the risk of damaging them. So, after getting matte nails, you must avoid warmth and heat as much as you can.
- Avoid oil: oils can make your matte nails shiny and also weaken the solution of your matte nails, making them cling to your nails.
- Avoid oil-based products: while you have to avoid oil, you also have to avoid any kind of product that is based on oils. Because they are also harmful to your matte nails.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: to keep your matte nails attractive, avoid any kind of harsh chemicals that can harm the matte effects of your nails.
- Rough handling: always be gentle with your matte nails. Because rough handling can leave streaks on your matte nails and make them disasters.
- Avoid matte nails as your tool: while picking, pulling, or pushing, always avoid your matte nails as a tool. That can also cause harm to your matte nails.
- Keep nails moisturized: apply moisturizer on your nails to keep your nails and hands moisturized to maintain their health.
- Apply cuticle oil: cuticle oils are made to keep your cuticles healthy and also promote healthy nail growth.
Following these nail-care routines will protect your matte nails from any kind of damage.
On average, matte nails are going to stay on for a total of 10 days. But consider your regular activities; the longevity of your matte nails may increase or decrease.
Matte nails are not the same as shiny nails. Shiny polish can create layers on your nails, while matte-finished nails can’t. That’s the reason why matte nails get dirty easily.
Cleaning matte nails is safe. But whenever you are cleaning your nails, you have to do it quickly. Otherwise, a long wash in water can weaken your matte nails.
To make your nails attractive, there are many different types of nails you can get. Among all the nails, matte nails have caught the attention of nail lovers. People love to get matte nails because of their classy, luxurious, trendy look, and attractive beauty. It can double the beauty of your nails. To get perfectly matte nails, you have to follow the process. You have to prepare your nails properly and apply the matte polish perfectly. But the beauty of your matte nails will also become dull. So, you have to clean them.
To clean your matte nails, you have to soak them, wash them, scrub them, and lastly, you have to apply a matte-finished top coat to them to protect them from any kind of damage. After cleaning your matte nails, you also have to take good care of them to protect them from any kind of damage.
- Matte nails are types of nails that have colored polish on them without any shine.
- After getting matte nails, because of their non-slippery matte finish, oils and dirt may stick to them easily.
- To remove the dirt and oils from it, you have to clean it properly. If they become dull regularly, then you can clean them regularly.
- After cleaning to protect your matte-finishing nails, you also have to take proper care of them to protect them.
✨ Next Attraction: Is Seint Makeup Clean: Explore The facts