Table of Contents Show
Looking attractive to attract the attention of people is every girl’s dream. Besides having an attractive face and dressing up, you can add more to it by having pretty nails. You can easily give many attractive shapes and colorful designs to your nails. But excessively designing, shaping, and coloring your natural nails can be harmful. To avoid any harm to your natural nails, you can get artificial nails like gel nails, dip nails, wrap nails, and acrylic nails.
Among all things, getting dip nails is an easy process. You have to brush your nails with liquid monomer and dip them into powder polymer to get dip nails. After continuing this process and brushing the extra powder off, you’re ready to enjoy your dip nails. But after enjoying some days, you may get cloudy dip nails that are not looking attractive anymore. By following some steps, you can easily get your shiny dip nails back. In this article, I’ll talk about the reasons behind getting cloudy nails, how to avoid getting them, how to get back your shiny dip nails, and how to keep dip nails shiny for a long time.
How to Make Dip Nails Shiny Again in 7 Easy Steps
In the following section, we’ll explain and discuss about seven simple yet effective steps to restore the dazzling shine of your dip nails and keep them looking stunning. Here we go:
- Soak Your Nails: Firstly, soak your dip nails under the water for 3–4 minutes. It will make your dip nails soft enough to fix them again.
- Remove Extra Water: Now, take a soft towel and dab the towel on your soaked nails; avoid rubbing your nails. Because rubbing dip nails can damage the solution layer of your dip nails.
- Push Back Your Cuticle: With the help of a filer, now push the cuticles of your nails back to make the nail plate visible. Because you have cuticles, if you get your dip nails, there is a high chance of getting a peel of dip nails.
- File Your Nail: While getting dip nails, you may know that filing dip nails can harm the shine of your dip nails, but while you are trying to get the shine of your dip nails back, you must file a layer of your dip nails. Make sure that you have removed the first layer of your dip solution from your nails.
- Apply Liquid Monomer: You have to apply the monomer solution back to get your dip nails done. With the help of a nail brush, apply liquid monomer to your nails.
- Dip Nails In Dipping Powder: Dip your freshly applied liquid monomer into the dip powder again. At this time, one dip is enough, but if you feel like another layer is needed on your nails, you can apply another layer. But before dipping, you must make sure that you have shaken your dipping powder to mix up all the included ingredients.
- Apply Top Coat: After completely getting dip nails again, now apply the top coat to your nails. Remember to apply the top coat to your dip nails in at least two layers. It will take back the shine of your nails again, and you will be able to get freshly done, shiny-looking dip nails again.
5 Common Reasons Behind Getting Cloudy Dip Nails
While getting dip nails, everyone has to get shiny-looking dip nails on their nails. But after a few days, you can see a cloudy effect on your shiny-looking dip nails. There are some reasons why you may have such cloudy dip nails. In this part of the article, I’ll help you understand the reason behind getting cloudy dip nails.
- Low-Quality Product: If you are using a low-quality product on your nails, then you must get a cloudy dip nail. Because the low-quality powder contains products that are not going to work with the activator properly. So, after getting dip nails, the powder is not going to be active or work properly on your nails. If you don’t get properly done dip nails after using excessive top coats, you may not get properly done shiny dip nails. Applying low-quality dip nails can be the main reason for having cloudy-looking dip nails.
- Unmixed Dip Powder: Before dipping your nails into the dipping powder, you must shake the dip powder properly to mix all the powder on your nails. Because if you don’t shake the powder before using it, the active product may be left under the powder, and when you get your dip nails, it will look cloudy. Inactivated dip nails always look cloudy because you are not properly mixing all the elements of the powder on your nails. So, mixing is a must-do process before you dip your nails into the dip powder.
- Improper Timing: Timing has a huge responsibility for making your dip nails gorgeous, but if somehow you are not able to maintain the timing of your dip nails, then you are going to get cloudy dip nails. You must allow enough time for your dip nails solution to activate as well as time for them to dry. After drying, you can start your process again. You have to wait after applying dip nails, then make sure that your nails are dry. Then you can apply the next layer of dip nails or a top coat to your freshly done dip nails.
- Intransparent Top Coat: Applying a top coat after getting freshly done dip nails gives your nails another level of shine. But if you mistakenly apply an intransparent top coat on your dip nails, you may get cloudy dip nails. So, while choosing top coats, you must make sure that you are going to choose the perfect top coat that is not going to look cloudy after drying, and also try to choose the best quality dip nails for your precious dip nails. Choosing the best-quality top coats for your dip nails is going to add extra volume to your nails and also make them look very glassy.
- Avoiding Proper Nail Prep: Preparation before starting is essential. It helps give you the best result. But avoiding it can give you a bad experience. In your dip nail session, if you avoid the proper preparation for your nails, you may not be able to get the best dip nails for your nails. It may look super artificial and not attractive on your nails. Avoiding this proper preparation can also make your dip nails peel or break easily, weakening their longevity.
How to Avoid Getting Cloudy Dip Nails: 5 Things to Avoid
While getting dip nails, no one wants to get super cloudy dip nails. After putting so much effort into getting dip nails, there are some steps you have to avoid and maintain to get beautiful-looking, shiny dip nails on your nails.
- Prepare Your Nails: Before getting dip nails, you must prepare your nails properly to avoid getting any cloudy effect on your nails. First, take a nail cleanser and clean your nails. Then take a cuticle pusher and push back the cuticles of your nails. After that, cut all the extra cuticles from your nails and start filing your nails with the help of a file. File your nails until you get the shape you want, and also remove all the shiny effects from your nails. Now apply a base coat to your nails to protect your natural nails from any kind of damage.
- Apply Liquid Monomer: Liquid monomer is basically an activator for getting dip nails. This liquid helps activate the other ingredients of your dip powder to attach them to your nails and give you beautiful, natural-looking nails. To apply liquid monomer to your nails, you have to take a clean brush and then apply the monomer only to your nail plate to make the dip powder attach to your nails.
- Apply Powder Polymer: Now take the dip powder to get your dip nails. You just have to dip your nails into the dip powder. But before dipping your nails in the dip powder, shake the powder to mix all the ingredients together. After dipping your nails perfectly in the dip powder, you have to wait a little bit until the solution is going to dry. After drying the solution, you are able to apply another layer of dip nails to your nails. In this way, you have to apply all the layers of dip powder to your nails. In my opinion, two coats of dip powder are enough to give you a beautifully done nail. Besides all this, always try to use the best-quality products for your nails to give them a beautiful look.
- Brush Extra Powder: After getting your dip nails done, take a dry brush and gently brush all the extra powder out of your nails. Because extra powder can harm the look of your dip nails. It can also damage your dip nails after you apply top coats. So, brushing out all the extra powder is a must after getting dip nails on your nails.
- Apply Top Coat: Now, it’s time to apply a top coat to your freshly done dip nails. Topcoat is a transparent solution that will create a protective layer on your dip nails and make them super glassy. So, to protect your dip nails and also get a sparkly dip nail, you have to apply top coats to your nails. You have to apply at least two layers of top coat to get the best result, but you can apply four layers of top coat on your dip nails. Choose the best-quality top coat before applying; otherwise, there is a chance of getting cloudy nails.
If you are willing to maintain all these activities, then you will be able to get beautifully done, shiny dip nails without any cloudy effect on your nails.
✨ You May like: How To Apply Lipstick After Lip Fillers?
6 Tips to Take Care of Your Shiny Dip Nails
To keep the shine of your dip nails the same while you have them, you have to follow some tips to protect the shiny effects of your nails. To take proper care of your dip nails, the information you should follow is:
- Avoid Excessive Water: After getting dip nails, you have to avoid using water as much as you can. Because water can weaken the solution of your dip nails and make your dip nails break or peel off. But if you have to use water while working, you must wear water-resistance gloves before starting to work with water. This will help protect your dip nails from damage.
- Stay Away from Heat and Warmth: Heat and warmth also include the risk of having weak dip nails. Because heat can weaken the solution of your dip nails and melt them easily. So, you can get a harmful dip nail if you don’t avoid heat and warmth after getting dip nails.
- Avoid Using Harsh Chemicals: Also try to avoid products that contain a high amount of harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can react with your dip nails and make them weaken and reduce their longevity. So, you should avoid using harsh chemicals while you have your dip nails.
- Apply Cuticle Oils: Applying cuticle oils keeps the nail healthy and also prevents the risk of peeling or breaking the nails. It also strengthens the cuticles to keep the nail attached to your nail beds.
- Keep Hands Clean and Moisturized: Keeping your hands clean also means keeping your dip nails clean enough to keep their shine. Also, don’t forget to apply moisturizer to your hands because dry skin or nails can make them peel off or damage them. By keeping your hands clean and moisturized, you will be able to keep your nails shiny and also give them a long life.
- Be Gentle With Your Nails: Being gentle with your nails is an ideal way to keep them shiny. Because if you become harsh on your nails and use them as your working tools, the glassy shine of your dip nails can be affected. So, with dip nails, you must try to keep your nails safe from any damage and avoid using your nails as a tool or rubbing your nails harshly.
Among all the artificial nails, dip nails are the most durable. Dip nails are going to stay on your nails for at least 4 weeks. But depending on your regular activities, it can be changed.
Yes, you can get deep nails on any kind of nail. There are no clarified lines about applying dip nails only to your natural nails. So, you can also apply them to your artificial nails.
Getting dip nails is known as safe. Because no harmful products are used in dip nails. So, you can get dip nails on your natural nails easily and without any hesitation. But getting excessively artificial nails on your natural nails can harm the growth of your natural nails. So, try to give your natural nails some time to grow.
Getting dip nails is safe; that’s why you can get dip nails every month. But to remove dip nails from your nails, you need to apply 100% acetone to your nails. We all know that acetone can harm your skin if you use excessive amounts. So, keep in mind that you can get your dip nails done whenever you want.
You must dip your nails in acetone to remove dip nails from your natural nails. Acetone will help break the bond between your nails and your dip nails. After that, your dip nails will start peeling off, and then you can easily remove the dip nails from your nails.
Having beautiful nails to add extra beauty to your nails is the perfect balance for looking attractive. To get attractive nails, you have to shape, polish, and take care of your nails. But applying harsh chemicals to natural nails has the potential risk of giving you damaged skin and damaged nails. You have to avoid the risk of damage to your natural nails by designing artificial nails. In the list of artificial nails, dip nails are popular because of their easy-to-get process.
To get dip nails, you have to follow the process properly. Otherwise, you are going to get cloudy nails. If you have already gotten cloudy dip nails, then file your nails, get another layer of dip nails, and apply a top coat to them. After getting your shiny dip nails back, take good care of your dip nails. By taking good care of your dip nails, you can keep them shiny and also increase their longevity for a very long time.
- After getting dip nails, having cloudy nails is a common problem that can be solved, so stop panicking.
- To get your shiny nails back, you have to file the first layer of your dip nails and then again apply dip nails with top coats.
- To keep your nails shiny, you must take good care of your shiny dip nails. This will help you keep your dip nails shiny, and it will also increase the longevity of your dip nails.
- Always try to avoid activities that can be harmful to your dip nails to protect your dip nails from any kind of harm.
✨ Next Attraction: Can You Mix Regular Nail Polish with Gel Polish?