Skincare and haircare became as important as makeup items. Makeup items can make you look beautiful but they don’t change your look or improve your skin permanently. For this, you must need skincare products like cleansers, serums, moisturizers, toners, etc. Besides skincare, hair care is also necessary. There are so many skincare and hair care items from which you can choose your preferred one. Garnier is one of the most popular brands for hair and skin care.
So, is Garnier cruelty-free? Essence is a cruelty-free brand that does not test its products on animals. The ingredients used in this product are water, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, vitamin C, charcoal, plant extracts, etc. These ingredients are not derived from animals. Though it is owned by a brand that is not cruelty-free, Garnier personally does not do animal tests on their products. They don’t also allow third parties to do animal tests. So, Garnier is a cruelty-free brand.
Who Owns Garnier & Why It Is Famous?
Garnier is owned by a French company named L’Oreal. Garnier is a renowned brand that offers hair styling, hair color, hair care, and skincare products for both men and women. The most popular product of Garnier is SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water. The brand is committed to using sustainable ingredients and provides exclusive products.
Garnier focuses on eco-friendly formulas, renewable energy, and ethically resourced ingredients. This is a world-recognized brand and provides very authentic products. Garnier has taken steps to become a more natural and sustainable brand. They are trying to minimize the environmental impact as soon as possible. This brand also provides products at a very affordable price.
Is Garnier Certified Cruelty-Free?
Cruelty-free means products that have not been tested on animals during their production. Garnier is a cruelty-free brand. They have stated that they don’t test the ingredients or their finished products on animals. They also don’t allow third parties or suppliers to do this.
In 2021, Garnier has been certified by the Leaping Bunny Program but not by PETA’s Beauty Without Bunny. Though Garnier is owned by L’Oreal which is not certified by PETA or Leaping Bunny, they claim themselves to be cruelty-free as they are certified. The cruelty-free certification ensures that their products have not been tested on animals. Being a certified cruelty-free brand, it maintains all the cruelty-free policies and doesn’t even use ingredients that are derived from animals. So, it is a certified cruelty-free brand.
Ingredients Commonly Found In Garnier Products
The ingredients of any product are the main indicators of knowing about the formulation of any brand or product. The major ingredients that Garnier uses in their products are as follows-
- Water: This is the base of Garnier products that help to hydrate the skin. It is the most common skincare ingredient that works as a solvent for other ingredients. In the very first spot of the ingredient list, it is found in almost all skincare items.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a very skin-friendly substance that helps to hydrate the skin. Besides moisturizing, it also helps to plump up the skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The most significant thing about hyaluronic acid is, it is very lightweight and suitable for all skin types. It is used in most moisturizers and serums.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy-acid that works well for people with acne. This also helps in the exfoliation process of our skin. Garnier uses salicylic acid as a common ingredient in their product. It can go deep into your skin and remove black and whiteheads too.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a very powerful antioxidant that helps our skin from different damages or other unwanted effects. Vitamin C also stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. Collagen works significantly for aging, wrinkles, or fine lines while elastin helps to improve the skin barrier. Vitamin C decreases melanin production and improves skin tone.
- Charcoal: Charcoal is a significant ingredient used in many products significantly including masks, cleansers, and scrubs. It absorbs excess oil from the skin and works well on acne-prone skin. For deep cleansing, charcoal is a very significant ingredient. Controlling excess oil gets easier with charcoal.
- Plant Extracts: The plant extracts help to provide anti-oxidant to the skin. It also has some anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin. Plant extracts such as aloe vera, orange, coconut, lemon, green tea, chamomile, etc. Are used in the Garnier brand that makes the skin soothing and hydrating.
This common ingredients list shows that Garnier products are not made from animal parts or their derivatives. Rather, the products are mostly cruelty-free.
Garnier Animal Testing Policy
Garnier is approved by the cruelty-free international Leaping Bunny Programme. Leaping Bunny is a recognized cruelty-free standard who don’t allow animal testing. They banned animal testing in any stage of development of the products.
From ingredients to finished products, Garnier does not do animal testing. This brand also doesn’t sell its products in mainland China or any other country that requires animal tests. Garnier claimed that they have no further plans to expand in mainland China in future. This is a Leaping Bunny Certified Company and the only hair care brand that is cruelty-free. Garnier has declared that they don’t sell their products in any country that requires animal testing. It follows all the cruelty-free criteria and is truly a cruelty-free brand.
Garnier products are not tested on animals but the parent company L’Oréal is not cruelty-free. L’Oréal says that they do not test on animals but it has been found that they are paying third parties to do animal testing. So, Garnier’s parent company L’Oreal is not cruelty-free rather they do animal tests on their products. But, it is also true that Garnier and their products are not tested on animals. If you are the person who gives importance to the cruelty-free policies of the parent company, you may avoid this. Otherwise, you may avoid this and choose a brand that is cruelty-free and also owned by a cruelty-free company. The decision is yours whether you want to support or avoid a cruelty-free brand owned by a parent company that is not cruelty-free.
Garnier Cruelty-Free Claims
Garnier claims itself to be an entirely cruelty-free brand as it has recently been certified by Leaping Bunny Programme. This can be a good choice for people looking for a vegan and cruelty-free brand.
- Garnier claims that their finished products are not tested on animals.
- This brand also claims that the ingredients they use in their products are not tested on animals neither those are animal-derived.
- They claim strongly that they don’t allow the suppliers or any third party to do animal tests on their products.
- Garnier claims that they don’t sell their products in countries where animal testing is required by law.
- Though Garnier is owned by a parent company that is not cruelty-free, it claims all Garnier products to be cruelty-free.
- Garnier claims to be the only cruelty-free and budget-friendly hair care brand that offers different hair products.
Garnier claims that they are certified by Leaping Bunny Program. This proves Garnier products to be cruelty-free. But still, in some cases, it gets difficult to investigate cruelty-free claims. All the ingredients and products offered by Garnier are found to be cruelty-free. That means, their claim of considering themselves cruelty-free is true.
Garnier has confirmed that they do not sell their products in China. As there are some changes in the animal testing laws of China, very few products of Garnier are sold in China under certain conditions.
Garnier 3-in-1 Anti-Acne Cleanser, Garnier Bright Up face mask, and Garnier Bright Complete Vitamin C Booster Serum work best for dark spots and acne-prone skin.
Garnier contains a nourishing and hydrating formula that is suitable for all skin types. People with sensitive skin can also choose their skincare or hair products from Garnier.
Garnier products have used ingredients that are very eco-friendly and vegan. The ingredients are derived from plants like aloe vera, coconut, orange, green tea, etc.
From face wash to skin-lightening creams, most products under the Garnier brand are halal-certified. The products are produced maintaining Muslim rules. So, Muslim people can use this.
Garnier is a popular brand owned by the L’Oreal group that offers different skincare and hair care products. This brand offers ingredients that are very natural and skin-friendly. The parent company of Garnier is not cruelty-free but Garnier is completely a cruelty-free brand. The ingredients used in these products are derived from plants and they do not harm any animals. As Garnier is Leaping Bunny certified, they banned animal testing at any stage of the development of Garnier products. Garnier follows all the cruelty-free criteria and it is truly a cruelty-free brand. This can be a good choice for people who love animals or prefer natural skincare benefits.
- Garnier is a popular brand that provides skin-friendly, natural, and authentic products to people at a very affordable price.
- It is certified by the famous Leaping Bunny Programme that does not allow animal testing on the products.
- The ingredients used in these products are vegan-friendly and extracted from plants.
- Garnier’s stance on animal testing is also positive. They do not conduct animal test neither they allow others to do so.
- The parent company of L’Oreal is not cruelty-free but Garnier products including skincare, and hair care are found to be cruelty-free.