Table of Contents Show
Skin is the largest organ of our body. It protects our body from light, heat, infection, and injury. For protecting the skin, people have been using different skin care products such as cleansers, toners, serums, moisturizers, and so on. Besides using skin care products, people are taking various treatments for their skin nowadays. Microneedling is one of the therapies like this that is used to treat major skin problems. People who have signs of acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, active acne, etc. are suitable for a micro-needling treatment. This process increases collagen production in your body and lessens the aging problem.
So, is micro-needling permanent? Microneedling is one of the healthiest and safest skin treatments that is recommended for some common skin problems. The result of micro-needling is not permanent but it can last a long time. So let’s dive deeper into the topic and see how long microneedling last and you can make sure the effects appear quicker and last a longer time!
What Microneedling Does – An Explanation
Microneedling refers to a collagen induction therapy that is used to treat skin problems like acne, wrinkles, scars, hyperpigmentation, etc. This procedure increases the collagen formulation of your body. The treatment involves a micro-needling pen that creates small micro-injuries on the surface. The injuries further help in the body’s natural healing process and increase elastin and collagen production.
The small needles cause physical trauma and through this trauma, micro-needling heals and rebuilds the deeper layers of your skin and increases collagen production. Collagen is a very essential protein that helps to protect the youthfulness, firmness, and smooth texture of your skin. Acne, scars, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, or stretch marks will lead to a loss of collagen in your body. This is a very gentle procedure through which more collagen and elastin are produced. This is a very effective method of correcting skin issues. This is also a therapy used to lessen aging or pore problems. Microneedling improves the skin tone by evening out the stretch marks or other scars.
How Long Does Microneedling Take For Results To Be Visible?
When the initial healing process will start after micro-needling is done, you will experience gradual skin improvement within one to three days. The results also depend on the objective of the treatment. Within two weeks of the skin treatment, you will experience general skin improvements. After four weeks of taking the initial treatment, your fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots will begin to disappear. You will require continuous appointments to treat problems like anti-aging. A complete reduction of your skin problems may take up to six appointments while the improvement of skin texture may be seen within the first eight weeks of treatment.
Generally, after four to six weeks of initial treatment, you may see the final results. But, this is not obvious as it depends on so many factors. For getting your results faster, you should avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, eating nutritious food, and staying hydrated. You should also protect your skin from sun damage after taking the treatment. Your skin needs to requisite the building blocks like water, vitamin C, or amino acids. If your skin is dehydrated and not moisturized properly, you will take a longer time to get your final results.
Are Microneedling Results Permanent?
It will take a long time for the actual results of the microneedling to appear on your skin. And even after that, you should not expect the effects to be permanent! This is because your skin is constantly repairing itself. The microneedling pen introduces punctures in your skin which forms the effects of collagen boosting. Over time, they will heal and your collagen-producing abilities will reduce after 6 months or so. Therefore, it will not remain permanent!
Microneedling results depend on factors like your skin conditions or the level of damage caused to your skin. Depending on the skin condition, the lasting power will vary. In general, micro-needling is not permanent and it may last from three to six months. Going for a follow-up treatment twice a year may help you to maintain the result. Also, maintaining a good skincare routine is very important to preserve the results.
Pros and Cons of Microneedling
Micro-needling is used to address some long-term skin problems like scars, dark spots or pores, etc. There are some advantages as well as disadvantages of micro-needling.
- Micro-needling is a non-invasive treatment. This is a painless treatment that doesn’t require injections, stitches, or surgery. A numbing lotion is applied to the patient’s skin to make them feel comfortable. The procedure only requires 20-40 minutes to complete.
- After taking this treatment, the outer skin gets less elastic, and the fine lines and wrinkles disappear. The collagen helps to moisturize and strengthen and soothe the skin.
- Collagen is an integral part of our body. It serves as a foundation of our skin. Many collagen induction treatments cause damage to your skin while micro-needling cause no damage from the collagen induction process.
- Micro-needling is a simple and effective way to decrease acne. This is a simple way of acne treatment. Dermatologists often recommend micro-needling to people who have aggressive acne problems.
- Micro-needling requires a minimal recovery time which is 10-20 minutes. After that, you can continue your normal activities.
- Microneedling helps to fill the scars, reduce blackheads and hyperpigmentation. The new collagen formulation helps in rebuilding the tissue and reduces the scars or blackheads.
- Micro-needling is a slow process that takes about six months to show the final results. Most people require more than two sessions which takes time. It may take several months to get the full advantages of micro-needling.
- Though micro-needling is safe and effective, there can be some side effects. Some common side effects that are found from micro-needling are redness, swelling, and sensitivity. Some clients may also have symptoms like prolonged swelling, scarring from flaking skin infection, or pain.
✨ You May like: Can Crepey Skin Be Reversed?
Is Microneedling Right for You – Who Can’t Get Microneedling Done?
Every skin problem does not necessarily require micro needling. Your skin specialist will tell you when you require this treatment. Microneedling is good for people with scars, acne, dark spots, or others. You must have a good skin condition to take this treatment. If you have a lack of nutrients and hydration on your skin, your micro-needling won’t be effective. People with some special skin concerns should avoid micro-needling. The skin concerns include-
- Active Skin infection
- Skin sensitivity
- Open wounds
- Scarring caused by keloid
- Pregnant women
Your micro-needling treatments may last for four to six weeks. The exact time is unpredictable as it depends on your age, issues, skin type, etc.
Micro-needling is best in improving acne scars but the result tends to fade over time. So, this is not a permanent acne-scar treatment method.
Micro-needling does not necessarily whiten the skin but it helps to lighten and reverse hyperpigmentation and sun damage. The collagen production helps to restore and repair the skin.
Most of the patients face sunburn or redness immediately after the treatment. After one or two days, you will experience a dewy and glowing complexion.
It is a good idea to start your micro-needling at the age of when you are more than 20 years old. This will help to increase the collagen production of your body.
Microneedling refers to a cosmetic treatment that is used to increase collagen production using some needles. It helps to improve the skin tone and appearance of acne, scars, or wrinkles. A micro-needling pen is used in this process to create small needles on the skin. The small needles further help in the skin healing process through collagen production. This is a very effective method through which wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, and dark spots can be disappeared. It will take a few months to get the final results of micro-needling. The result of your micro-needling depends on the skin condition or the level of damage caused to your skin. Microneedling is not permanent and generally, it lasts for three to six months. Follow a good skincare routine to preserve the results.
- Micro-needling is a collagen induction procedure that helps to increase the collagen of your body and heals your skin from skin problems.
- The small needles are used to cause trauma to the skin and improve the skin texture by removing fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, blemishes, scars, etc.
- You may get four to six weeks to ge4t the final results. Avoid smoking or drinking to get your results faster.
- The result of micro-needling is not permanent and it depends on factors like your skin type, skin condition, or level of damage.
- There are some pros and cons of micro-needling. Considering the advantages and disadvantages, choose your treatment.
✨ Next Attraction: How Long After Shaving Can You Fake Tan?