Table of Contents Show
- Why Wear Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
- Should an Older Woman Put Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
- Why an Older Woman Should Not Wear Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
- 5 Tips to Apply Mascara on Bottom Lashes for Older Women
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Mascara is the most essential makeup product to enhance our eye makeup look. This helps complete the eye makeup with a finishing touch. Most people want to make their eyes appear bigger and bolder. Mascara can truly transform the makeup look making them bigger. Some people prefer wearing mascara only on their upper lashes while others apply it on both of their lashes. This depends on their preference and the makeup look they want to achieve. If anyone wants wider eyes and wants to balance the eye makeup on both of their eyes, they may wear it on both of their lashes.
So, should an older woman wear mascara on the bottom eyelashes? Like the others, this depends on their personal preferences. If they desire a makeup look that requires applying mascara on their bottom lashes, they can go for it. However, as we grow older, our food habits or makeup items need a bit of change. It is recommended by some to avoid wearing lashes on their bottom lashes. As they are already aged, this can make them look younger and define the dark circles and fine lines of the skin.
Why Wear Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
A mascara is a very essential makeup item that adds volume, length, and definition to your eyelashes. This may be your favorite eye makeup item to wear on its own or pair it with other makeup products. Mascara helps to define our eyes and make them appear larger. Mascara helps to complete the eye makeup with a finishing touch. Wearing mascara on your bottom lashes can truly transform your look in a few seconds. Applying mascara to your bottom lashes is important because:
- It helps to increase the depth and size of your eyes instantly.
- When you define your upper eyelashes but not the bottom ones, it looks unnatural. Applying mascara to the bottom lashes is important to make the eye makeup proportionate. It will balance the eye makeup on both of the eyes.
- Applying mascara on the lower eyelashes is important to create a bold look.
- You can also wear mascara on the bottom eyelashes to make you look less tired.
- When you want wider and brighter eyes, wearing mascara is very important.
- Mascara on your bottom lashes can make your eyes pop and help you look more awake.
- If you want to create symmetry with your makeup look, then applying mascara on your lower lashes is very important.
Should an Older Woman Put Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
There are no different rules for older women on wearing mascara. This depends on their personal preferences and the desired makeup look to decide whether they will apply mascara on their lower eyelashes or not.
If anyone wants to enhance the appearance of eyelashes and make the eyes look more defined and bold, they may choose to apply mascara on both upper and lower eyelashes. Some people, on the other hand, may want a subtle makeup look, they can skip mascara for their bottom lashes. So, age is not the main concern here. Aged women commonly have dark circles and wrinkles which they don’t want to draw attention to. As a result, they may choose to wear mascara only on their top eyelashes. Yet, some suggest avoiding mascara on the lower lashes for older women as it can make them look more aged and define imperfections like dark spots, fine lines, and dark circles on their skin.
Why an Older Woman Should Not Wear Mascara on Bottom Lashes?
Putting mascara on lower eyelashes is completely a personal choice. However, older women are generally recommended not to wear mascara on their lower lashes. Here are the reasons behind it:
- First and foremost, it will make them look older. As they are already aged, they should choose a makeup look that may help them look younger and bright. As a result, it is better to skip putting eyelashes on the bottom line.
- Putting eyelashes on the bottom line can also draw attention to other eye imperfections like pigmentation, dark circles, or fine lines which are very common among older women. In that case, it is recommended to skip wearing mascara on the bottom eyelashes.
- It is very difficult and tricky to apply mascara on the lower eyelashes without getting it over your face. This may hamper the whole makeup look.
- The mascara that you put on your bottom eyelashes can smudge your upper lashes and create a clumpy look.
- Bottom lashes are usually more fragile than the upper lashes. So, wearing mascara can damage it.
5 Tips to Apply Mascara on Bottom Lashes for Older Women
As we age, our makeup choices need some adjustments. This is a very common concern among people whether older women can apply mascara on their bottom eyelashes. They can apply mascara on their bottom eyelashes by maintaining some simple tips:
- Thick and heavy mascara may result in a droopy effect or fine lines. So, choose a lightweight mascara that can enhance your eyes without overpowering them.
- When choosing mascara for the bottom lashes, choose the lengthening mascaras that can add definition to your eyes.
- Choose a light hand to avoid clumpy lashes. Apply from side to side instead of swiping it vertically to get a more precise look.
- Brown mascara can be too harsh for your upper lashes. Use the brown mascara on your lower lashes to get a softer look.
- If you have under-eye concerns like dark circles or fine lines, focus more on the upper eyelashes. Well-defined upper lashes can draw attention away from the imperfections on your lower line.
Do eyes look bigger with mascara on the bottom lashes?
Putting mascara on the bottom lashes can make the eyes appear bigger and bolder. However, this also depends on the shape of your eyes. Some people like to wear mascara on the bottom lashes while others may not.
Why are my bottom lashes so thin?
You may have eye irritants that make your bottom lashes thin. People who rub their eyes very often mostly face irritation in their eyes. This may be one of the reasons for thinning their lashes. There are some other reasons including heredity, taking certain medications, and certain medical conditions.
At what age do eyelashes stop growing?
Eyelashes can grow throughout your life. As we age, they can get thinner and shorter. You may see changes in the appearance of your eyelashes but they will continue growing.
Why do people put mascara on their bottom lashes?
People put mascara on the bottom lashes to make them appear larger. This can complete the eye look with a finishing touch. Also, when you look tired, applying mascara on the lower lashes can make you look less tired.
How do I stop my bottom lashes from smudging?
This is a very common problem that you may face with your eyelashes. Cleanse your face and apply the primer before wearing eyeliner or mascara. This may help prevent clumping, irritation, or smudging.
Mascara is a very significant makeup item that enhances the eyes in several ways. This helps improve the appearance of the makeup look. Many people use mascara on their upper eyelashes while others apply it on both the upper and bottom. Applying mascara on the bottom eyelashes is a bit tricky and it needs expertise to apply on the lower line. When it comes to mascara on the lower line for the older people, this depends on the individual preferences and desired makeup look like the others. Yet, some suggest avoiding wearing mascara on the lower eyelashes, especially for older women as it can make them look more aged and define the imperfections of the skin more. Still, if anyone chooses to wear mascara on their bottom eyelashes, it is totally on them and they can follow some tips to get a perfect makeup look.
- Wearing mascara on your bottom lashes can make your eyes look bold and help you transform your makeup look in a few seconds.
- Wearing mascara for younger and older people is the same. Choosing mascara for their bottom or upper lashes is their personal preference.
- Some recommend avoiding mascara for older women as it can make them look more aged than they are.
- Still, they may choose to wear mascara on their lower lashes by following some tips and safety measures that will help them get the perfect makeup look.