Table of Contents Show
- Why Innisfree Is Famous?
- Is Innisfree Certified Cruelty-free?
- Ingredients Commonly Used in Innisfree Products
- Non-Vegan Ingredients Used in Innisfree
- Innisfree Animal Testing Policy
- Innisfree Stance on Cruelty-free Formula
- 4 Cruelty-Free Alternatives to Innisfree
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Skincare products are very important to make our skin healthy and hydrated. There are different skincare products including moisturizers, serums, toners, facial mists, eye creams, and so on. Nowadays, people especially girls became more concerned about their skin. As a result, they are using different skincare products. Choosing a skincare brand is very tricky and strategic. Innisfree is a famous skincare brand that provides authentic products with a natural formula.
So, is Innisfree cruelty-free? Innisfree is not entirely cruelty-free. They claim their products to be cruelty-free. But most of them are found to be tested on animals or they allow third parties to do animal tests on their products. Besides, products that are sold to countries like China must require animal tests. They use animal-based ingredients like beeswax, honey, glycerin, etc. So, Innisfree is not a truly cruelty-free brand.
Why Innisfree Is Famous?
Innisfree is a Korean brand that provides skincare, makeup, and body care products. The ingredients used in Innisfree products are extracted from Jeju island. People have been using this ingredient extracted from mountains, fields, and forests for a long time.
Innisfree uses natural and eco-friendly ingredients and offers a wide range of products. Moreover, this brand claims that they use ingredients that are free from harmful chemicals and synthetic fragrances. As the products are made from natural ingredients, they are very gentle on the skin. Some popular products of this brand are Green Tea Seed Serum, Orchid Eye Cream, and the Volcanic pore clay Mask. Innisfree focuses on natural ingredients and offers a variety of products including cleansers, toners, sunscreens, moisturizers etc. No matter what is your skin type, you will get the desired product suited to your skin.
Is Innisfree Certified Cruelty-free?
Cruelty-free means products that have not been tested on animals during their production. Innisfree is not certified cruelty-free. They allow their products to be tested on animals. They also sell their products in mainland China stores. Innisfree is not certified by any organizations like PETA or Leaping Bunny Programme.
Innisfree is owned by a parent company named Amorepacific. The parent company is not also cruelty-free and they do animal tests on their products. Both Innisfree and its parent company Amorepacific are involved in animal testing directly or indirectly. They also sell their products in countries that require animal tests. Moreover, Innisfree uses non-vegan ingredients in its products. Any brand that allows its products to be tested on animals cannot be considered cruelty-free. And this is also not certified by any cruelty-free standard.
Ingredients Commonly Used in Innisfree Products
The ingredients of any product are the main indicators of knowing about the formulation of any brand or product. The common ingredients that Innisfree uses in its products are as follows-
- Water: Water is the main ingredient used in almost all skincare and makeup products that works as a solvent for other ingredients. This is the base of all skincare products that help to hydrate the skin. In the very first spot of the ingredient list, it is found in almost all skincare items.
- Alcohol: Alcohol refers to ethanol here which is a very controversial ingredient. It contains a light formula and works as a great solvent. It also helps to penetrate the product in the skin. In toners or oily skin products, alcohol is used commonly to help the skin remain fresh and smooth.
- Fragrance: Innisfree uses different smelling staffs to make the products smell good and attractive. People with sensitive skin may face problems as it can cause allergies to their skin.
- Citric Acid: Citric acid works as an exfoliant and scrapes away dead skin cells from the skin. Citric acid helps to make the skin smooth and fresh. This also helps to treat sun damage or other damage created on our skin.
- Vitamins& Minerals: Vitamins and minerals are very essential to nourish the skin cells. These also help to contribute to the strength of the skin. Vitamin E is the most common antioxidant used in Innisfree products that helps to protect the skin from damage.
- Disodium EDTA: This is the commonly used ingredient in a skincare product that works as a preservative. This helps the product to remain stable and nice for a long time. This is used in a very tiny amount in the products.
- Plant Extracts: The plant extracts help to provide anti-oxidant to the skin. It also has some anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin. Plant extracts such as green tea, orchid, cherry blossom, soybean, etc. are used in Innisfree products that make the skin soothing and hydrating.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a very skin-friendly substance that helps to hydrate the skin. Besides moisturizing, it also helps to plump up the skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The most significant thing about hyaluronic acid is, it is very lightweight and suitable for all skin types. It is used in most moisturizers and serums.
Non-Vegan Ingredients Used in Innisfree
Innisfree uses some non-vegan ingredients in its products. They are-
- Honey: Some Innisfree products contain honey. Honey is derived from bees. So, this is a non-vegan ingredient where animals are harmed.
- Beeswax: This is a natural wax created by bees to store honey. This ingredient helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin from the inside. Beeswax also contains a natural emulsifier that helps to stabilize the skin.
- Glycerin: This can be collected from animal sources that help to hydrate the skin This is a commonly used moisturizing ingredient that softens the skin. Besides its moisturizing and hydrating formula, it also helps to improve the skin barrier and treat irritated skin. Since we don’t really know where Innisfree sources its glycerin, it could fall under both as a vegan and non-vegan ingredient.
Innisfree Animal Testing Policy
For knowing about the cruelty-free formula of any brand, animal testing policy is very important. On the website of Innisfree, it has been stated that the parent company named Amorepacific sells products in North America that are not tested on animals. But in some markets, animal testing is required by local laws. So, this is not free from animal testing.
Innisfree is directly or indirectly involved in animal testing. Besides, South Korea and China share a border. So, Innisfree has so many stores in mainland China. As Innisfree sells its products in China, there is no confusion that Innisfree is involved with animal testing as it is required by law in China. Even if some products are not tested on animals by themselves, third parties are allowed to do so. Though Innisfree claims to be a cruelty-free brand, animal testing has been found in its products. They admit that they do not do unnecessary animal testing but also admitted that they still do animal testing as there is no way left.
Innisfree Stance on Cruelty-free Formula
Innisfree claims to be cruelty-free like other brands. But the ingredients, formulations, or finished products of Innisfree are found to be tested on animals. Innisfree has given some stances about the cruelty-free formula. They are as follows-
- Innisfree claimed that they do not do animal testing in any of the stages of the production. They added that they allow animal testing sometimes when it is required by law that too by maintaining specific conditions.
- Innisfree is owned by a company named Amorepacific which is not also cruelty-free. So, they did not have a strong stance to claim themselves as cruelty-free.
- Innisfree accepted that they use some animal-derived ingredients like honey, beeswax, or glycerin. So, Innisfree is not cruelty-free.
- Though they don’t sell their products in countries that require animal testing, they are found to sell their products in China and some others that require animal testing.
✨ You May like: How To Shower After A Spray Tan – Preparation & Tips
4 Cruelty-Free Alternatives to Innisfree
Innisfree is not a cruelty-free brand. People who are looking for cruelty-free brands can go for other alternatives-
COSRX is a skin-friendly brand that provides effective and healthy skincare products. It is a cruelty-free brand because none of its products are tested on animals. COSRX doesn’t sell its products in countries that require animal testing, not even under certain conditions. It has also confirmed that they sell their products only online, not in retail stores like mainland China. So, this can be a good alternative to Innisfree products.
2. Saturday Skin
Saturday Skin is a skincare brand based in the USA. This brand focuses on creating effective products by using natural ingredients. It offers a variety of skincare products including moisturizers, serums, cleansers, toners, etc. Saturday Skin is cruelty-free because it does not test its ingredients or finished products on animals. They also do not allow any third parties to do animal tests on their products nor do they supply in countries that require animal tests. So, this can be a better alternative to Innisfree for people looking for cruelty-free products.
3. Glow Recipe
Glow Recipe is a truly cruelty-free brand who don’t test its ingredients or finished products on animals. They also don’t sell their products in countries that require animal testing. It can be an alternative to the Innisfree skincare brand. Healthy ingredients like hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C are used in the products of this brand.
Purito is a skincare brand that uses natural skincare products. This brand offers different skincare products that are very effective and skin-friendly. Purito has confirmed that they do not test their products or ingredients on animals. Their products are not sold in stores like mainland China. So, Purito can be a good alternative to Innisfree.
The special thing about Innisfree is the ingredients are extracted from Jeju island. Most of the ingredients of Innisfree are derived from plants.
Innisfree uses safe and natural ingredients and they offer products for different skin types. Innisfree provides authentic ingredients that are suitable for all ages.
The food habit and extraction processes of snails are regulated strictly. Snail mucin products are considered to be cruelty-free.
The formulations of Innisfree products are so eco-friendly and skin-friendly. The ingredients used in these products are mostly derived from plants that are very healthy for all skin types. As a result, Innisfree skincare is good for sensitive skin too.
Innisfree is a Korean brand that focuses on natural skincare and makeup products. Innisfree and its parent company both are not certified cruelty-free. That means they sell their products in countries that require animal tests. Any countries that sell their products in countries like mainland China must do animal tests. Besides, many ingredients they use in their products are derived from animals. For example-Beeswax, Glycerin, honey, and so on. So, Innisfree is not a cruelty-free brand. People who are looking for vegan or cruelty-free products may go for the alternatives like COSRX, Saturday Skin, Glow recipe, Purito, etc.
- Innisfree is a popular skincare brand that offers a variety of products including cleansers, moisturizers, serums, sunscreens, and so on.
- Innisfree is not certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny or PETA.
- Some non-vegan ingredients are found in Innisfree products. For example beeswax, honey, and glycerin.
- Innisfree products are found to be tested on animals and they are sold in countries that require animal test.
- Animal lover people can go for cruelty-free alternatives like COSRX, Saturday Skin, Glow recipe, Purito etc.
✨ Next Attraction: What Does Tanning Lotion Do?