Table of Contents Show
- Is Noxzema Good for Sunburn?
- The Ingredients of Noxzema that Helps to Soothe Sunburn
- How to Apply Noxzema on Your Sunburn Area?
- 6 Natural Alternatives of Noxzema that Are Good for Sunburn
- Tips to Avoid Sunburn for a Healthy Skin
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Getting sunburned is a common issue that we all have to face because of the sun’s rays. While working outside in the sun, you can get sunburned easily. It’s not very difficult to get a sunburn. But getting sunburned is not a good thing; it can cause many kinds of skin diseases like itchiness, redness, burning sensations, and even cancer. So, it’s important to avoid sunburn, and if you already get burned, then soothe the burned area immediately.
You can find many different types of moisturizer to prevent the burning sensation, redness, and itchiness in the burning area. Among all the moisturizers, Noxzema is one of them. It is a product of Unilever, and people have been using this moisturizer for decades. But is Noxzema good for sunburn? It might be good for your sunburn but it is all dependent on the ingredients that make up Noxzema.
In this article, I will help you with whether this moisturizer is good for sunburn, the ingredients of Noxzema that soothe the burned area, how to apply it, the alternatives to Noxzema moisturizer that you can use on your sunburned area, and tips on how you can avoid sunburn.
Is Noxzema Good for Sunburn?
As we know, Noxzema is a product of the Unilever company that people have been using for decades. It is basically a deep-cleansing and moisturizing cream. People use it for many purposes. Do you know that it is a dermatologist-suggested soothing cleanser that cleans your skin deeply and gives your skin a cooling effect with a moisturized layer on your skin?
If you take a look at the reviews of Noxzema, you can see how useful this cream is for curing skin problems. After seeing the reviews and suggestions of doctors, we can say that Noxzema is good for sunburn. But to make sure it is good for sunburn, we have to take a look at the ingredients of this soothing moisturizing cream because only those can give you the proper results. The ingredients will help to assure you that it really works on sunburns.
The Ingredients of Noxzema that Helps to Soothe Sunburn
When it comes to soothing sunburn, the ingredients in Noxzema are really helpful. The ingredients of Noxzema are:
- Menthol: Menthol as a skincare product really helps to soothe your skin and also has some anti-inflammatory properties that protect your skin from damage.
- Glycine Soja Oil: This oil is known as soybean oil. This oil protects your skin from the sun’s UV rays by creating a protective shield on your skin.
- Linseed Oil: Linseed oil is also known as flaxseed oil. This oil helps your skin by healing any kind of skin damage in a quick process.
- Stearic Acid: Stearic acid is a long-chained fatty acid. That helps our skin by retaining its moisture.
- Camphor: Camphor helps to reduce any kind of irritation and itchiness in your skin and soothe it.
- Propylene Glycol: This works as a hydrating agent on your skin.
- Gelatin: The UV rays break down the collagen in your skin, and gelatin helps to recover it to prevent any kind of mark or wrinkle on your skin.
- Ammonium Hydroxide: This also helps to reduce the irritation of your skin by soothing it.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus oil is known as an anti-inflammatory agent for the skin.
- Calcium Hydroxide: It is known as Vitamin D to us. It also puts a protective layer on your skin and helps protect it from getting worse.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: This is known as baking soda. Baking soda has some antimicrobial properties that help soothe the skin from any kind of burning sensation.
- Calcium Chloride: Calcium chloride is known to protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation of the sun.
- Magnesium Sulfate: It helps your skin by drawing the heat away and also by preventing inflammation.
- Potassium Chloride: This helps to reduce any kind of pain, burning sensation, irritation, or redness in your skin.
After looking at all these ingredients that are used in Noxzema, we can say that yes, Noxzema is really good for sunburn.
How to Apply Noxzema on Your Sunburn Area?
If you are willing to apply Noxzema cream to your sunburned areas, then you probably have two options. The options are:
As a Cleanser
- Wash your hands properly.
- Wait to get your hands dry.
- Then take as much cream as you need to apply to your sunburned area.
- Apply them properly to every area where you got burned by the sun.
- Let them stay for 5 minutes on your skin.
- After you start feeling the cooling sensation, wash them with cool water.
- And the last one is to apply moisturizer.
As a Moisturizer
- Wash your hands.
- Let them Dry.
- Apply the cream to your sunburned area.
- Let them stay in your burned area.
- While applying cream try not to wear a dress or if it is necessary wear loose clothes.
- If you are willing to lay down with the cream then must cover the area with a towel or old clothes to prevent staining.
- Reapply the cream to your affected area every few hours to get the best results.
If you have sensitive skin, you must do a patch test to avoid any kind of damage to your skin.
6 Natural Alternatives of Noxzema that Are Good for Sunburn
Since we know that Noxzema is a deep-cleaning moisturizing cream and not a sunburn treatment, you have many other options to remove sunburn from your skin. That’s are:
1. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a natural element that helps remove sunburn from your skin. People who get sunburned love to use this to remove their burn and soothe their burning area. To get the best result from using aloe vera, take a natural aloe vera and blend it to make a pure version of it. Now apply the gel effect of aloe vera to your sunburned skin. You can also refrigerate them to get a cooling sensation on your skin.
Oatmeal is known as the best anti-inflammatory agent for the skin. Applying it to your burned skin can soothe it and also help protect it from getting even worse. To apply oatmeal, you have to make a smooth paste of oatmeal and milk and apply it to your affected area to improve your skin’s condition. You can also keep the paste in the refrigerator to make it cooler and apply the cold paste to your skin to get a cooling sensation.
3. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea is mainly famous for its amazing fragrance and taste. But it also has a soothing agent that can soothe your sunburned area. To apply chamomile tea, first make the tea, then wait for it to cool down and soak it with a cotton cloth to apply it to the burned area. You can also make ice cubes of chamomile tea and apply those cubes to your sunburned area to soothe it. In this way, you can get a more soothing effect from it.
You can also apply honey to your burn area. Honey is known for removing any kind of mark from your skin and making it moisturized. Applying honey to your sunburned skin will help you reduce the redness, itchiness, and inflammation of your skin by moisturizing it. So, applying honey to your sunburned area is really an ideal choice for you.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known as an essential element for any kind of skin or hair care. Coconut oils have a lot of benefits for giving you moisturized, healthy skin. Applying coconut oil to your skin can help you reduce any kind of irritation because it will give you a cool sensation but not like menthol, and it will also create a protective barrier on your skin to protect it from any kind of damage by moisturizing it.
6. Take Cool Baths
After getting sunburned, to soothe them, you can also take a cool bath. It will help to soothe your burning sensation and also give your body a relaxed feeling with a fresh mind. You can take 3 types of cool baths:
- Icy Cool Bath: To get an icy cool bath, take a fine amount of ice cubes and keep them in your bathtub full of water. Make sure that those ice cubes cool down your water as much as your body can take. Either way, your body can lose its feeling sensation for a little while.
- Vinegar Cool Baths: In the cool bath water, you can also add 2 cups of vinegar because vinegar can also give you relief from sunburn. But before using vinegar, one must remember to use the perfect balance of vinegar in the water. The high acidity of vinegar can make the sunburn even worse. If you have sensitive skin, then you must try it on your lighter or smaller burn first to make sure it’s safe for your skin.
- Baking Soda Cool Bath: Instead of vinegar, you can also use baking soda as an option in your cool bath water. The antimicrobial properties of baking soda will help you reduce the irritation on your skin. You just have to soak yourself in the water to soothe your sunburn for 15–20 minutes.
Remember one thing: Don’t rub your skin while getting this bath. Also, when you are drying yourself, all you have to do is dab the dry towel on your skin to make yourself dry.
✨ You May like: Top 11 Best Serum To Use With Tretinoin In 2023
Tips to Avoid Sunburn for a Healthy Skin
Getting sunburned is not good for our skin. So, as a dermatologist, I will suggest that you should avoid sunburn as much as you can to get healthy skin. The tips to avoid sunburn for healthy skin are:
- Apply sunscreen: whether you are getting out or not, it is appropriate to apply sunscreen to your skin to prevent sunburn.
- Wear a full-body coverage cloth: if you wear a full-body coverage cloth, then it will also help to protect your skin from getting sunburned.
- Wear a wide hat with sun-glass: by wearing a wide-brimmed hat, you can protect your face from sunburn, and the sunglasses will protect your eyes from the UV rays of the sun.
- Use an umbrella: when you are going out, always carry an umbrella because it can protect you from getting sunburned.
- Stay under the shade: always choose to stay under the shade; it will also protect you from getting sunburned.
- Avoid going out in the peaky time: if going out is not necessary, then avoid going out between 10 a.m. And 4 p.m. Because at this time the rays of the sun are most dangerous to get burned.
If you can follow these tips, you can avoid getting sunburned.
Generally, sunburns stay on the skin for 3-5 days, but if you are still working in the sun and getting burned, then they can stay longer on your skin.
No. There is a big no for using Vaseline on your skin. It can block your toes and prevent sweat by keeping the heat under the pores. It can make your sunburn even worse.
Noxzema cream is mainly made for treating pimples and acne. It will prevent your skin from getting acne or pimples. This cream also contains an acid called salicylic, which helps to reduce eczema.
Sunburn can have a deep effect on your skin by causing not only burned skin but also skin problems like itching, redness, irritation, and swelling. It can also cause skin diseases like skin cancer. So, if you have gotten sunburned, taking care of it immediately is important. To soothe their skin after getting sunburned, people try many skincare moisturizers to protect their skin. Noxzema is one of them. People have been using this moisturizer for decades. The ingredients in Noxzema are really helpful to soothe your skin and give you healthy skin.
But as it is not a cream for sunburn, you can use alternatives to remove it. You can use elements like honey, coconut oil, oatmeal, cool bath, aloe vera, baking soda, camomile tea, and others. If possible, avoid getting sunburned as much as possible.
- Noxzema cream is a cream that is made to treat skin problems like acne and pimples. It also prevents skin problems like eczema.
- Applying Noxzema is good for sunburn because of its ingredients like menthol, camphor, and soybean, which help soothe the burning area by giving a cooling sensation.
- To prevent sunburn, you can apply Noxzema in two types: one as a moisturizer and one as a cleanser.
- Instead of using Noxzema on sunburned areas, you can use elements like coconut oils, aloe vera, oatmeal, baking soda, honey, vinegar, chamomile tea, and others.
- If it is possible, then avoid getting sunburned as much as possible.
✨ Next Attraction: Can Salicylic Acid Blind You?