Table of Contents Show
Jergens Natural Glow is a great tanning lotion for having a healthy glow without exposure to the sun and harmful UV rays. It develops a flawless tanning glow and makes your skin naturally healthy looking. It penetrates deeper into your skin and hydrates it while creating a tan effect that lasts for days which makes it the favorite of its consumers.
Every skin care product whether it is dry or oily, it sinks deep into our skin to make the texture of our skin better. But what about when the product is expired? The impact can be completely opposite. The expiry dates of the products are very crucial when using your favorite skin care product. It can have diverse effects while creating an uneven tone in your skin. To save you from the expired effects of your favorite Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion, I will talk about its shelf life, expiration, and how you should store it to have maximum efficacy.
Shelf Life and Expiry of Jergens Natural Glow
Jergen uses DHA or Dihydroxyacetone, and Erythrulose as the main ingredient for their Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion to deepen and darken your skin tone and make it healthy and naturally beautiful. DHA gets into your skin and causes a reaction in the epidermis of your skin that helps to create melanoidin in your skin. DHA does not have an unlimited shelf life. Once it has contact with the air, it starts to evaporate and the formula also gets disrupted. The other ingredients also have a limited timeline for functioning properly. Jergens Natural Glow also has a shelf life or expiration date. After the mentioned expiry date, the product will be less effective and also can lead to irritation sometimes. The expiration date can be from 1 to 3 years for different brands of self-tanning products. Let’s see what is the case for Jergens Natural Glow.
Jergens Natural Glow does have an expiry date printed on its bottle. Look for the expiration date in the bottle first and use the tanning lotion before that timeline. If you cannot find any expiry date then look for a PAO (Period After Opening) sign in the bottle. PAO is a symbol like an opened bottle that specifies the period of lasting the product after opening. The sign will say 6M or 12M which indicates that the product will last for 6 months or 12 months after opening the bottle. In this case, if you do not have opened the bottle, the shelf life can extend for some time. But if the bottle has an expiry date printed on it, then you should use that product in between the timeline, even if you have opened the bottle or not. For Jergens Natural Glow, you should use the products within 12 to 18 months for having the most effective result.
How To Know If Jergens Natural Glow Is Expired?
You can even check if your Jergens Natural Glow is expired or not by noticing some visible changes in the product. There are a few ways you can check the wellness of your tanning lotion. Such as-
- The consistency of the lotion will get changed if the product is very old and beyond use. The consistency will be either too lumpy or too watery to use. If you feel that the consistency is not usual like before, you should not use that product.
- If the smell is too harsh or thin and is not like before, then your tanning lotion might go bad. Avoid using that product.
- Sometimes the color of your product will also change. For tanning lotions, it is more common that the color of the product will turn fewer shades lighter or darker than usual. For some tanning lotion, it can turn green as well. Throw out your bottle, when you see these signs.
- If you are not sure about the expiry date of the bottle, do a patch test on a smaller part of your skin. if your skin feels irritated or causes redness, then do not use that product anymore.
These are some cautions that you should be aware of if you are not sure of the expiration date of your Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion.
Can I Use Expired Jergens Natural Glow?
The expiry date suggests that the product will be best to use before that specific time. After that time the product might not give you the optimum result. Sometimes the efficacy of the product also starts when you have opened the lid of the bottle and it gets exposed to air. Even if, Jergens Natural Glow might stay stable for 3 years or more after the manufacture of the product, you should never use the product when it passes the expiry date.
The Moisturizers or lotion sinks deeply into our skin and hydrates it. If you use an expired product, it may cause allergic reactions, irritation, redness, etc. Also expired skin care products cannot make your skin healthier. It will lose its efficacy after a certain period of time. You should always be careful of your skin care products as it stays on your skin for quite a long time. Your skin is a very sensitive organ, take care of it, and do not use an expired product that can potentially damage your skin.
✨ You May like: Can You Tan Through Concealer?
How To Store Jergens Natural Glow?
To maintain maximum efficacy, you always should consider the storage of your beauty products. If properly stored, the shelf life of any skin care product can be significantly improved or decreased. While storing your Jergen’s natural glow, you should remember that-
- You should always keep the bottle away from the sun and store it in a cool and dry place. If your beauty products heat up, the complexion of the product can be changed and it also might lose its efficacy faster.
- You can also use a refrigerator to store your products. Cool and dark places can keep your skin products in a better condition but you should never freeze it. Freezing can ruin the formula or change the consistency when it goes to normal sometimes.
- Close the lids properly after every use. Exposure to air can make some ingredients evaporate or go bad. DHA also evaporates when in contact with air. So, your tanning lotion might lose its efficacy faster than the expiry date because of this reason.
- Do not store your Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion near water. water will change the consistency and your product will not be able to perform its best.
Yes! The unopened Jergens natural glow bottle also can expire. The Jergens Natural Glow is a moisturizer that also works as a self-tan. The ingredients of a moisturizer do not evaporate or go bad when it comes to contact with air always. The ingredients can also go bad after a certain period of production. So, whether you have an unopened Jergen self-tan or an opened one, you should always be careful of the expiry dates.
Even though all the self-tan products do not work as a moisturizer, they all come with an expiry date. Some products like DHA might have an indefinite self-life if it is enclosed, but if the air gets into the bottle, the efficacy starts to decline. Other ingredients can also be responsible for the expiration of the product.
All the lotion or moisturizer you can ever have will expire after a specific time. It does not matter if it is a tanning lotion or a regular lotion, you should always take track of your skin care product and use it before it is best to be used.
There is no skin care product that will not expire ever. If there is no expiry date or PAO symbol mentioned in the bottle, always keep track of when you have started using the bottle. Never use that product after 12 months to ensure your skin care product is in the best condition to use. If you do not have track of the date of the opening, you should go for color, smell, consistency, and patch test before using your Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion. For maximum efficacy, consider its storing process as well. Sometimes the storing can expand the timeline of the products as well.
- The Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion does expire.
- You can check the specific date or PAO symbol printed on the package or the bottle.
- If you do not have any of them in your self-tan, use it no more than 12 months.
- You should store your Jergens Natural Glow bottle in a cool, dark place, and away from water.
- Proper storing can improve the shelf life and the products might remain good after the expiry dates sometimes.
- You should never use your Jergens Natural Glow self-tan after the expiration date.
✨ Next Attraction: Top 10 Best Moisturizer For Fungal Acne In 2023