Table of Contents Show
The use of hair accessories is great for the fashion and personality of people. It perfectly secures hairstyle and enhances looks as a great way of self-expression. People of any gender put on many different accessories for hair and hair wraps is one of the most unique one. Hair wraps or hair extension is a popular trend that transforms hairstyle and expresses the unique personality of someone.
Hair wraps can be a fantastic addition to your style. Before getting engaged in the vibrant world of this particular hair accessory, you have to know about its longevity to make the most of your new look. So, how long do hair wraps last? If you wonder about how long hair wraps last and how to make them last as long as possible, you’ve come to the right place. The article will try to sort out everything related to the longevity of hair wraps!
What are Hair Wraps?
Hair wrap is a special fashion accessory for hair. The accessory includes wrapping a small bit of hair with embroidery floss and adding beads. It comes in various colors, and lengths, providing endless ways for creative expression. These wraps can be made from natural cotton fibers. Many people confuse hair wraps with head wraps or scarves or turbans which wraps around the head. Hair wraps only wrap around the hair itself, although it is a temporary way to give a creative look to hair. Rather than being a hair extension, it is a process for wrapping the braided strands of hair or a hair extension with threads.
Both boys and girls of all ages and hair types can wear it and it is especially popular with young girls. Different fairs, carnivals, amusement parks, and other occasions frequently provide them with hair wraps. There are several ways of putting on hair wraps. You can create it straight onto your hair or purchase it as a flexible wrap to put on or remove anytime. The most common method involves weaving those into your natural hair, providing a natural and flawless appearance.
How Long Do Hair Wraps Last: 6 Reasons Why
With the help of an expert stylist, the hair wrap can last for a long time. Hair wraps can last up to a duration of 12 months with proper care and maintenance.
The long-lastingness of hair wraps depends on a few factors. The factors are related to the types and features of hair wraps, the quality of materials used in hair wraps, your hair care routine, and the specific attachment method. So let’s look at these reasons in more detail.
1. Quality of hair wraps
How long the hair wraps last depends largely on the quality of the cotton from which these hair wraps are made up from. Hair wraps made of excellent quality cotton are less likely to fade, split, or fall. Visit a salon for getting hair wraps as the experts use high-quality strings compared to the crafting stores. The experts also make sure that there won’t be any kinks or loose threads in the wrap.
2. Tightness of hair wraps
If the hair wrap is well secured it can last for at least one week and three months highest. The tighter it is, the more long-lastingness will be on the hair.
3. Type of hair wraps
The removable type of hair wrap is highly popular. It comes with a free hair plait. These types of hair wraps can be easily removed and reused often.
4. Hair growth of individuals
Hair wraps can last for a few weeks depending on the hair growth of the person who is having hair wraps. But proper maintenance is essential for ensuring it.
5. Weather and climate
The long-lastingness of a hair wrap lasts is influenced by the weather and climate of the particular region you are living in. The wraps won’t survive for so long in hot, humid regions but they will last for a longer period in colder, drier climates.
6. Daily wear and tear
A hair wrap’s longevity is also influenced by how it is utilized. The lifespan of wraps used for large weights is shorter than that of wraps used for light, everyday use. You have to effectively maintain the wrap. A wrap won’t last as long as one that is properly cared for if it is not washed and dried.
3 Easy Ways to Prolong the Longevity of Hair Wraps
Prolong the longevity of hair wraps in the 3 following ways.
- Follow the care label directions: you have to follow the care label directions. Use the recommended detergent, and stay away from fabric softeners to increase the lifespan of your item. Avoid using too much heat as this might cause fading and shrinking.
- Use a low setting on the dryer or the air: you should use a low setting on the dryer or the air to dry to avoid exposure of hair wraps to too much heat or cause color fading.
- Keep in a closet: hair wraps should be kept in a closet with a mothball or other repellent since those are vulnerable to moths.
8 Suggestions for Hair Wraps Use
These are some of the suggestions you have to follow for using hair wraps.
- Wash your hair regularly with shampoo and conditioner.
- For creating stripes in the wraps, use two different colored strands at once.
- If you want to blow dry hair wraps, first make it wet.
- You may also continue swimming in chlorinated pools with wearing it.
- Cutting the final knot and clearing the embroidery floss, take the wrap off.
- Go for holding knots for taking a break from wrapping.
- Do not use excessive products on hair to protect the wraps.
- Do not twist or play with the hair wraps to avoid loosening it.
When people attach hair wraps in an excessively tight manner, the edges are strained, the strands are overextended, and over time, this results in thinning and fragile hair wraps. To make your hair extremely sleek, avoid pulling it too tight. As an alternative, brush your hair as smoothly as you can before wrapping it.
The FREE included clip or FREE included micro bead kit can be used to quickly and easily fit any Hair Wrap ordered from a reputed source. Both processes are quick and simple. For step-by-step instructions, you can view the tutorial videos.
The answer is yes. Hair wraps are great to prevent your hair from frizzing. It will be more applicable for the dry hair type since it helps hair by giving proper hydration. As a result, it properly reduces frizz.
Hair wraps are versatile and customizable hair accessories for people of all ages and hair types. If you follow up with an expert stylist, your hair wrap can last for a long time. It can last up to a duration of 12 months with proper care and maintenance. On the other hand, DIY hair wraps can last for 1 week or more. Several factors are responsible for such duration of hair wraps.
Necessary information and knowledge about the longevity of hair wraps ensure that your new hairstyle remains stunning for as long as possible. Take care of your hair wraps properly to keep them looking vibrant and well-maintained.
- For following up with an expert, hair wraps can last up to a duration of 12 months with proper care and maintenance. On the other hand, DIY hair wraps can last for 1 week or more.
- Hair wraps last for a certain duration for the factors, such as quality of hair wraps, tightness of hair wraps, type of hair wraps, hair growth of individuals, weather and climate, and daily wear and tear.
- Hair wraps made of excellent quality cotton are less likely to fade, split, or fall. Visit a salon for getting hair wraps as the experts use high-quality strings compared to the crafting stores.
- Prolong the longevity of hair wraps in the 3 following ways by following the care label directions, using a low setting on the dryer or the air, and keeping it in a closet.
- You can wash your hair regularly with shampoo and conditioner and also continue swimming in chlorinated pools by wearing hair wraps.