As you need to prepare your skin before dermaplaning, it is also necessary to follow a skincare routine after the treatment. Dermaplaning makes acne marks, wrinkles, fine lines, as well as dull skin less visible. Certain products need to be used after dermaplaning to get the best possible outcome of the treatment. One such type of product is serum.
But what serum to use after dermaplaning? Dermaplaning leaves your skin dry as well as sensitive. A serum can be able to fix that as it is a lightweight and concentrated liquid that helps to rejuvenate the skin. As an aftercare treatment, you need to use a hydrating serum to remove dryness from the face that the dermaplaning leaves behind. So, if you are wondering about what serum to use after dermaplaning, this article will help you with a wide variety of suggestions. You will also come to know about the benefits and side effects of using serum after the treatment.
Can I Use Serum After Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning and serums are very much interconnected with each other. The nature of serums is liquid. So, serums can be absorbed by the skin easier than a moisturizer. Again, dermaplaning eliminates the topmost layer of the skin for which serum can go even deeper. So, you can use serum after the treatment.
After dermaplaning, the skin becomes dry and sensitive. While using a suitable serum can help you achieve the full benefits of the procedure. After the procedure, use serums, especially hydrating and soothing ones. If you have skin concerns, such as acne or anti-aging, the use of serum can do good for your skin.
Factors to Consider When Choosing A Serum After Dermaplaning
You need the perfect serum for your skin. So, while choosing a serum after dermaplaning, you need to consider the following factors.
1. Personal preference
You may have a personal preference in choosing which serum to use after the treatment. For example, someone may like or dislike the serum of a particular fragrance. Someone may be more aware of the ingredients or properties, while someone may be aware of the quality of the serum before choosing.
2. Skin type
Your skin type plays a vital role in determining the type of serum that you should choose. There are serums with special properties like hydrating, lightweight, mattifying, and soothing properties. If you have dry skin, you should go for serums that are hydrating, while for oily or acne-prone skin, you should go for serums that are lightweight and mattifying. Again, for sensitive skin, use a soothing serum after dermaplaning.
There are types of serum based on ingredients. The ingredients in the serum should be carefully looked over to complement the benefits of dermaplaning. Look for serums that contain antioxidants, such as vitamin C or green tea, to help protect your skin from environmental stressors. Hyaluronic acid is also an excellent ingredient as it provides intense hydration and helps to plump up the skin.
Consider the cost of the serum and your budget. Serums can range from affordable to high-end. So, you should choose one that fits your budget and meets your needs.
Consider what you need to achieve with the serum. For example, if you are looking to brighten your complexion, look for a serum with brightening properties that contain vitamin C or niacinamide. If you want to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, choose a serum that contains retinol or peptides.
✨ You May like: How Long After Dermaplaning Can I Wear Makeup?
Best Serums To Use After Dermaplaning
Broadly, there are two types of serum based on properties and ingredients. You can use any serum according to your personal preference, skin type, ingredients, price, and needs by following the proper steps. You can choose a Hydrating Serum, Mattifying Serum, Soothing Serum, Brightening Serum, or Growth Factor Serum. Be careful with the selection as skin becomes very vulnerable after the treatment.
Vitamin C Serum after dermaplaning is beneficial due to its anti-aging and antioxidant characteristics. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum is one of the best Vitamin C Serums to use after the treatment. Again, Vitamin E Serum provides anti-inflammatory, hydrating effects to defend the skin from free radicals. Youth Revival Serum containing vitamin C and Vitamin E, and green tea extract can also be a good choice of serum. You may also use Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Serum or COMPLETE Skin Solutions Copper Peptide Face Serum after the treatment.
While experts say that using hyaluronic acid-containing products after dermaplaning is one of the most effective ways to keep your skin looking its best. According to the experts, the Hyaluronic Acid Serum is the safest among all and suitable for all types of skin. For its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and medicinal properties, it can hydrate and soothe the skin in an excellent way. Hydration is all your skin needs after dermaplaning. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines, restores cell moisture, and ensures rapid healing of wounds. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum is one of the best serums to use after dermaplaning.
Steps for Using Serum After Dermaplaning
Applying serum after dermaplaning is an important step in the skincare routine as it helps to nourish and hydrate the skin. Here are the steps for applying serum after dermaplaning:
- Washing the face: Before applying the serum, make sure your face is free of any makeup, dirt, or impurities. Wash your face using a gentle cleanser and pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Choosing the appropriate serum: Depending on your skin type and concerns, choose the appropriate serum for you. You may choose a hyaluronic acid serum, vitamin C serum, exfoliating serums, or serum of other components.
- Using the serum: Take a small amount of serum onto your fingertips. Using your fingertips, gently apply the serum to your face. Avoid the eye area and any areas with cuts or abrasions from the dermaplaning. Give the serum some time to absorb into your skin. Wait for 2-3 minutes before applying any other product to your face.
- Following up with moisturizer and SPF: After the serum has been absorbed, follow up with a moisturizer to seal in the serum and keep your skin hydrated. Don’t forget to apply SPF if you are going out during the day, as dermaplaning can make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
Benefits of Using Serum After Dermaplaning
This treatment leaves the skin hydrated, smoother, brighter, and more youthful looking. Using serum after dermaplaning can provide several benefits.
- Gives Hydration: Dermaplaning can leave the skin feeling dry, so applying a serum after the treatment can help to replenish moisture and hydration. Serums are lightweight and absorb quickly, which makes them an excellent choice for hydrating the skin.
- Increases absorption: After dermaplaning, the skin is more open to absorbing products. Applying a serum can help to deliver active ingredients deeper into the skin, maximizing the benefits of the treatment.
- Helps to soothe: After dermaplaning, the skin may be sensitive and prone to irritation. A serum that contains soothing ingredients, such as aloe vera or chamomile, can help to calm the skin and reduce redness.
- Helps to brighten: Dermaplaning can remove dull, dead skin cells, but using a serum with brightening ingredients like vitamin C, niacinamide, or kojic acid can enhance the brightening effect. These ingredients help to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Enhances makeup look: Using hyaluronic acid-based serums, and vitamin C serums after dermaplaning is an efficient approach to increase product penetration. It exfoliates the face, smoothing it out and allowing makeup ingredients to be absorbed more easily. This enhances your makeup look.
- Reduces skin problems: Due to the use of serum after treatment helps reduce the visibility of acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, and dull skin. You will get smoother, firmer, and healthier skin may be shown after completing the process.
- Results in skin regeneration: Use of serum after this procedure promotes the growth of facial cells, removes damaged epidermis, relieves dryness and uneven skin tones, and clears clogged pores, which lowers the possibility of acne outbreaks. As a result, the regeneration of skin cells takes place.
- Helps Anti-aging: Dermaplaning can also stimulate collagen production, which can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Using a serum with anti-aging ingredients like hyaluronic acid, or vitamin C can further enhance this effect, helping to reduce the signs of aging.
Side Effects of Using Serum after Dermaplaning
Be careful of the ingredients present in your serums, especially if they contain chemicals. Here are the potential side effects of using serum after dermaplaning.
- Causes irritation: Avoid the use of serums containing harsh acids or aggressive chemicals like retinol and glycolic acid for a minimum of one week. These can irritate your skin.
- Causes over-exfoliation: If you use exfoliating serums after dermaplaning at home, your skin will be exfoliated two times. Over-exfoliation might be harmful to your skin.
- Causes excessive dryness or itching: Avoid serums that contain fruit enzymes, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or Mandelic acid after the treatment. Salicylic acid and Mandelic acid make your skin excessively dry, while lactic acid after application, may give you some feeling of itching or discomfort. The side effects of lactic acid are usually quite minor.
Experiencing Irritation or Redness After Serum Use
If you experience irritation or redness after using a serum following dermaplaning, it’s important to take immediate action to soothe and calm your skin. First, discontinue using the serum as it may further irritate your skin. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any excess serum that is harsh on your skin.
If the condition becomes worse, consult with a dermatologist. They can help you identify the underlying cause of your skin irritation and recommend the appropriate treatment. That is why it is very important that you do a patch test on your skin, preferably under the chin to get see if the serum can work for you or not.
Wait for 24 to 48 hours before using serum as the ingredients will penetrate through the skin when it heals.
The best face product to use after dermaplaning is a serum containing hyaluronic acid. It does not give harmful reactions to the skin. It has excellent advantages, and it lacks toxic substances., it does not create any possibly dangerous skin responses.
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties that may help to relieve any discomfort caused by dermaplaning. Hyaluronic acid or other hydrating serums may also offer the skin long-term nourishment and result in soothing skin.
Yes. You can use serums containing Aloe vera after dermaplaning as after the treatment, your skin requires hydration.
Avoid Retinol and glycolic acid for a minimum of one week after dermaplaning. Since they might irritate and make the skin dry, they are not applicable to use for delicate skin.
A procedure like dermaplaning is bound to leave your skin feeling more sensitive than before. That is why it is very important to use a product that can help you take care of your skin afterward and serum is exactly the product you will need! The benefits that it gives is able to rejuvenate the skin back to its old self and you get a wonderful and glowing skin returned back to your face. So make sure when you are choosing a serum that it is both hydrating and helps to relieve irritation on your sensitive skin. But always remember to do a patch test before you start using the product to make sure that it is suitable for your skin type!
- Choose your serum depending on your personal preference, skin type, ingredients, price, and needs.
- The Hyaluronic Acid Serum having exceptional hydrating and soothing properties is the safest among all other serums.
- If you have skin concerns, such as acne or anti-aging, the use of serum after the treatment can do good for your skin.
- Avoid the use of serums containing retinol and glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or Mandelic acid after the treatment.
- Along with the serum, use sunscreen and hydrating moisturizer in the end for most effective results.
✨ Next Attraction: Is Dermaplaning Good for Your Skin?