Table of Contents Show
Tanning is an old tradition where we get exposure to the UV radiation of the Sun rays. To achieve a sun-kissed glow people usually choose tanning their skin. Tanning is mainly a process where you have to put your body under the sun to give it a tan glow. It took time to get tanned. For some people to get tanned skin it takes a long time, while for others it only takes some minutes. For them, it’s a quick process to get tanned.
If you are also one of those who get tanned easily then you may wonder, why I tan so easily. Is it good or bad to get tanned so easily? You can find all of your answers in today’s article. Here, we will discuss why you get tan so easily, whether is it good or bad to get tanned so easily, how can you prevent the tan easily, and how to take care of the tanned skin.
5 Main Reasons for Getting Tan Easily
There can be many reasons why you can get tanned so easily. The main reasons behind getting tan easily can be caused by melanin production, ultraviolet radiation, skin type, health conditions, medications, and diets. Let’s discuss in detail about these.
1. Melanin Production
Melanin is mainly a natural brown pigment for your skin. The amino acid tyrosine increase and make a complex polymer that is called melanin that forms on our skin. It is in control of your skin in many different places like the eye, skin, and hair colors. It helps to keep our skin damage free from sunburn because it absorbs all the UV rays. Melanin is made with a cell called melanocytes that are involved in the first layer of our skin. People who have dark skin can create more melanin than white ones. So when it comes to tanning people who have dark skin can get tan easily while the white skin takes time to get tanned.
Skin with more melanin can help you to protect your skin from sunburn but that doesn’t mean that your skin is protected from other damages caused by sun.
2. Ultraviolet Radiation
Ultraviolet or UV radiation is also known as sun exposure and is the most natural way to tan your body and give your skin a sun-kissed glow! It is an old traditional way to tan your skin while enjoying a day on the beach time in summer. So, it is an easy way to get tanned. However, remember that the sun’s rays can harm your skin without using any protection while tanning. So, use sunscreen before getting tanned to help keep your skin protected while you are tanning under the sun.
3. Skin Type
Skin type is one of the primary reasons that affect our tanning ability. A main part of tanning is depended on our skin type. In the Fitzpatrick skin scale, skin type I is very pale-white skin, while skin type VI. is very dark skin. But skin type I. can be burned so easily but not get tanned easily, while type VI. got tanned very deeply and not burning. The paler you are, the less likely you are to tan because you have less melanin available on your skin. The darker you are, the less likely you are to see the actual tan because your skin already has a lot of melanin deposited. That is why people in the middle of the scale are more likely to show the most tan as their skin will darken easily due to the already present melanin on the body. However, skin type I. is more likely to be burned as melanin acts as the natural defense against the sun!
3. Health Conditions and Medications
Health conditions can be also the reason for getting tanned easily. For example, if you are taking pills like birth control or some antibiotics then it can be a strong reason to get tanned. Because pills like this can make your skin a bit sensitive. And sensitive skin can absorb the sun rays easily which can make your skin tanned very easily. Medicine that contains elements like canthaxanthin can also be the reason for getting tanned so easily.
4. Skin Care Products
Skin care products that contain retinol can be the reason for your skin tan. Using products that contain retinol can make your skin thin and sensitive. So, the UV rays of the sun can make your skin tan easily. It’s good to use skin care products that contain retinol at the night time but if you are using it in the daytime then you should use it with sunscreen as a skin protection.
Your diet can also be the reason for getting tanned easily. Foods that contain beta-carotene help in increasing the production of melanin and give you a tan effect on your skin. Foods like carrots, spinach, radish, peppers, tomatoes, cherries, melons, peaches, and apricots contain a high volume of beta-carotene. Mainly foods that have red and orange colors themselves contain high beta-carotene. So, if in your daily diet routine, you have foods like these that can also give you tans easily.
Is It Good to Tan Easily?
If you are a tanning lover, then getting tan easily is such a happy matter for you. It lowers the risks of your skin damage from the sun’s UV radiation. That means that your skin is not getting burned by the easy tanning it only gets tanned. Because it took a long time to get tanned by the sun’s UV radiation and keeping your body under the sun makes your skin burn.
People who get tans easily, use tanning themselves again and again to keep the tan effect for a long time. But excessive tanning can make your skin a disaster. It can cause skin diseases like premature aging, wrinkles, sunburn, and risk of skin cancer. Just keep them in mind for not to tan excessively and enjoy tanning yourself.
So, as long as you are not burning, getting a tan should not pose much of a problem and you can tan without much worry! Just remember to take breaks while tanning so that your skin remains healthy enough to be able to absorb UV rays. You should avoid tanning in the middle of the day as it is the time when sun exposure is at its highest during the summer!
8 Ways to Protect Your Skin from Tan
To get a healthy skin you must have to protect your skin from the sun tan. Follow all these steps so you can easily get rid of sun tan.
- Avoid the sun in peak time: To stay away from the sun tan you must have to avoid the sun when it’s peak time. The ray of the sun stays at maximum between 11 am to 4 pm.
- Walk Under the Shadows Side or Use an Umbrella: It’s quite impossible to stay at home all the peak time. So when you are going to take a tour outside at the peak time or sunny time, you must have to use the shadow side for a walk to avoid the sun’s rays. You can also use an umbrella. It will also help you to protect your skin.
- Cover Yourself: To protect your skin you can cover up yourself. To avoid sunburn covering up yourself is also a good idea. In this way, the reflection of the sun’s rays won’t harm you anyway.
- Apply Sunscreen: Applying sunscreen is a wise solution for protecting the skin from harmful damage. You have to put the cream on every surface of your body before stepping out of your home. Applying sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out will give you the best result. Not only that, use it repeatedly after every 3 to 4 hours. Must try to use a good quality SPF 30+ sunscreen to protect our skin.
- Apply Lip-Balm: Keeping our lips safe is also important for us. Not only smoke can make them black and dry, but the sun tan also makes them black. So, must use a UV-protected lip balm to keep them soft and pink.
- Wear a Hat and UV-Protected Sun-Glass: To protect your face from the ultimate sun tan in your vacation time, you must have to use products like hats and sun-glass. The hat will prevent sunburn and the UV-protected sunglass will keep your eyes safe from the UV rays. The eye area is the most sensitive all around the body or face. So must use UV-protected glasses to protect them.
- Follow an Immune Diet: To protect yourself from the tan you must have to follow an immune diet. Eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber. Also, keep vitamins and antioxidants in your diet. These will work as your internal sunscreen. And protect your skin from the sun tan.
- Stay Hydrated: Regularly drink 15 to 20 glasses of water to keep yourself hydrated. A hydrated body will keep you away from the tanning effect.
Following all these steps will keep you away from the sun tan. After maintaining these steps for a week you will see the beneficial sides of it.
✨ You May like: Why Use Gauze With High Frequency?
How to Remove Tan from Your Skin Easily?
If you are already contracted with tan on your skin, then don’t panic. You can also remove sun tan from your skin. There are many remedies to remove sun tan from your skin. Remedies are
- Honey and Lemon Juice: Take a fresh lemon, cut it, and take out the juice. Add some honey with the juice. Mix them properly. Apply it to your tan area. Wait 30 minutes and wash with normal water. Lemon juice will help to bleach the tan area and honey will bring back the glow of your skin.
- Cucumber Juice: Clean the cucumber and squeeze the juice out. Dip a cotton pad in the cucumber juice and use it in the sunburn area. Give it some rest to dry then wash. Cucumber is well-known for tan and sunburned skin. The cooling effect of cucumber will help you to remove your tan.
- Papaya and Honey: To remove tan you can use papaya and honey together. It is also known for removing tan. Take a ripe papaya, then take the pulp as much as you need and add honey. Make a smooth paste and apply it to the sunburn area. Wait until it dries and wash it with clean water. Papaya is rich in enzymes that will help to bleach your tanned area and honey is a soothing moisturizer. This duo will bleach your skin and give your skin nourishment together.
- Potato Juice: To remove dark circles we use potato juice in our eyes area. It is a bleaching agent that bleaches your skin and gives it a lighter finish. To start the process wash a raw potato. You can use it directly on your face, or you can also use the juice. After applying wait till it dry then wash it.
- Tomato Yogurt Puree: Firstly, take the tomato juice and add plain yogurt to it. Give it a blend and apply it to the tanned area. After drying, washed it with clean water. Tomato is rich in antioxidants while yogurt has lactic acid. This will help you to brighten and soften your skin.
- Pineapple and Honey: Add pineapple and honey together and give it a good blend. Apply the puree all over your tanned area and wait for dry. Clean with clear water. The enzyme called Bromelain in pineapple fights radicals and reduce inflammation. It’s also filled with vitamins like A, C, and antioxidants. That helps you to make your skin bright and toned.
- Chemical Exfoliators: If you are in a hurry to remove your tan you can use lightening products that will help you remove your tan in a quick time. Ingredients like azelaic acid, glycolic acid, retinoids, vitamin C, and kojic acid will help you to lighten your skin. So, before buying any cosmetic skin care products must consider that those products contain ingredients like these. By using chemical exfoliators, you can get light healthy skin without any tan at home.
There are a total of 6 skin types.
white to light beige
beige, light brown
dark brown, or black.
Pale white skin always burns but never tans while light beige skin burns but tans a light. Beige skin tone can burn and tan gently. Light brown skin tone will burn less and get tanned very well. Moderate bright skin tone is rare to burn but it tans properly. At last, the black skin tone will never burn your skin but tan profusely.
These two are very different from each other. While sunburn can cause very harmful effects and damages your skin, tanning won’t get a dangerous effect on your skin. Tan will help you to increase the melanin production of your skin and protect your skin from harmful damage. But regular tanning can cause some negative side effects.
It’s quite impossible to get tanned without any skin harm. But instead of sun tan, you can get a fake tan. There are many fake tan products available in the market nowadays. After applying sunscreen you can use fake tan on your skin and get an attractive tan on your skin without much harm.
After using fake tan you can use them again up to 7-12 days. It is way safer to use on your skin. Never use them repeatedly on your skin, it can also cause harm to your skin. Excessive use of fake tan also damages your skin.
Sunscreen works very well on our skin that prevents sunburn. But still, there will be some chance to get tan on your skin. But the chance is a little amount not as same as if you won’t put sunscreen.
At the end of this article, we can say that getting tanned easily is depended on many things. It depends on your skin type, melanin production, ultraviolet radiation, health conditions, medications, and diet. If you are a tan lover, then it is such a good thing for you but if you are not a tan lover and tanning makes you feel uncomfortable then you can prevent tanning to protect your skin. You can use such home remedies to remove tan from your skin. Getting tan easily is not bad for your skin that much because it has a low risk to harm your skin. So, if the easy tanning is not burning or damage your skin then getting tan easily is such an enjoyable moment for you in the tanning season.
- Tanning is a change in skin color caused by exposure to UV radiation from the sun.
- Excessive sun tan can cause harm to your skin, give it premature aging, wrinkles, and develop a high risk of skin cancer.
- Protect your skin from sun tan by wearing sunscreen, UV-protected glasses, and covered clothes, and also by using an umbrella. These will help you to prevent sun tan.
- If you want to get tanned badly then use fake tanner instead of sun tan. Must use sunscreen before using fake tanner.
- After following the whole process if you still feel that there is no improvement then contact your dermatologist to get help.
✨ Next Attraction: How Long Does Tanning Itch Last?