Table of Contents Show
There are many skincare brands out there that have been making products for a very long time. Some of these are very popular because of how affordable they are and how well these products work. Neutrogena is such a brand for affordable skincare but some consider it still expensive. This is especially the case for the Neutrogena Rainbath line of products.
So why is Neutrogena Rainbath so expensive? Neutrogena is considered to be a relatively affordable brand but there are those that say that Rainbath’s product line is more expensive. However, that might not be the case at all! But to clear this misconception, let’s see what can make it expensive!
Ingredients in Neutrogena Rainbath
One major reason why some products are considered to be expensive is because of the ingredients that are used. So let’s check some of the common ingredients in the Neutrogena Rainbath line and see if they have any expensive ingredients in them.
- Glycerin: A natural humectant that helps to draw moisture into the skin, leaving it feeling soft and hydrated.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate: A gentle cleansing agent that helps to remove dirt and oil from the skin without stripping it of its natural moisture.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: Mild surfactant that helps to create a rich lather and improve the texture of the product.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: A natural plant extract that is known for its soothing and moisturizing properties.
- Fragrance: Neutrogena Rainbath products contain various fragrances to create a pleasant scent that is unique to them.
- Sodium Chloride: Included in body washes, soap, and shampoos to help create a lather.
- Citric Acid: This is a type of alpha-hydroxy acid that helps to exfoliate the skin and improve its texture and tone.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, this ingredient helps to hydrate and soothe the skin.
- Retinyl Palmitate: Vitamin A ingredient that helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and boost skin cell turnover.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: A form of Vitamin E that helps to protect the skin from environmental stressors and improve its overall health and appearance.
These ingredients are mostly inexpensive, with the vitamins on the list being on the pricier side because their manufacturing process is more expensive. However, the amount that these ingredients are used is very low compared to the inexpensive ingredients like glycerin, sodium chloride, aloe leaf extract, etc. These are more concentrated in the Rainbath products. Therefore, even if there are expensive ingredients in Neutrogena Rainbath, the amount used in body washes and shower gels is small enough to make the products themselves affordable.
Comparing Neutrogena Rainbath Prices
The thing is, the price of Neutrogena Rainbath body cleansers is mainly dependent on who is selling the product. Because most of these products are bought wholesale, the relative prices of these products are cheaper. But it is up to the seller how much they are to cost.
For example, Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel- 40 oz. price on Amazon is listed at $24.99. For a product that is 40 oz., this is a good price because when you are comparing the price per ounce of product, you can see that this is around $0.62/fl oz.! That is a relatively cheap shower gel whereas more premium shower gel like Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Bath & Shower Gel is listed at $35 for 12 ounces. That is almost $3/fl oz., more expensive than Rainbath!
While that is Amazon, there are other companies that sell Neutrogena Rainbath products like Walmart, Ulta, and Target. The same product in Neutrogena Rainbath Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel- 40 oz. is $23.99 at Walmart. That is a dollar cheaper than from Amazon. Not only that, these are online prices of the same product. If you were to go to your local stores, they are bound to be cheaper than what is listed on their website. So different sellers can price their products at different prices, which is why you will see some disparity in prices.
Another reason why someone might think that Neutrogena Rainbath prices are expensive is because of the size they sell at. Their most popular products are quite large in size, where they sell 40 oz. bottles of the product! That might be why people might think that Neutrogena Rainbath is so expensive but what you get is a lot of the product that you can use for a long time. If you think of the short term, the price is a lot but since there is so much, you are buying less of it!
This is dependent on how much of the product you use. Depending on the popular sizes, a 16 fl oz. can last around 30 days. But again, this will be dependent on how much you use, where regular use might mean it lasts 20 days or so.
Because Neutrogena Rainbath is mainly a line of products specifically for body cleansing, they are not suitable to use on the face. Some might be but because face skin is thinner than the rest of the body, I would advise using body wash for your face.
They are safe to use. However, people’s skin types differ so it is important to do a patch test of the shower gel or body wash to see if it is safe for you specifically.
We saw the ingredients and the prices of the products, so let’s come to a verdict on Neutrogena Rainbath and whether it’s expensive or not. Some of the vitamin ingredients that are common in Rainbath products can be expensive, however because they are low in quantity when used in the product, the prices of the product themselves aren’t high. Even with prices, it is up to the seller how much they sell for, where online shops are a bit more expensive than physical stores. But the main reason why they are thought to be expensive is because the products are large in size. People jump to the conclusion that it’s expensive but when you think about it, you are buying less of the product because it lasts longer, making it not so expensive. With that, I hope I have dispelled some of the myths about why Neutrogena Rainbath is so expensive.
- The ingredients used in Neutrogena Rainbath like vitamins can be expensive but they are used in low amounts.
- The prices of Neutrogena Rainbath products might seem expensive because different sell the same product at different prices.
- The main reason why Neutrogena Rainbath is considered to be expensive is because they sell large bottles.
- When looking at the price per fluid ounce, the price of Rainbath shower gels is comparatively less.