Table of Contents Show
Daily moisturizing is the most important part of the skincare routine. To keep your skin healthy, blemish-free, and young, you should regularly moisturize your skin. But sometimes, just moisturizing is not enough. If you have further skin conditions like severe acne, wrinkles, etc., you might need to do some extra steps like exfoliating your skin with BHA to solve your skin issues and get healthier skin.
So can I use moisturizer after Paula’s Choice BHA? I have been using Paula’s Choice BHA for treating my clogged pores and acne-prone skin for a long time. At first, it used to leave my skin dry after exfoliation since I was confused about whether I can moisturize my skin or not to have the maximum efficacy. That’s when I have done some research on “Can I use Moisturizer after Paula’s Choice BHA” and found out how wrong my idea was. In this article, I will talk about how Bha or more specifically Paula’s Choice BHA works and whether you can use a moisturizer after exfoliating or not.
How Paula’s Choice BHA Works?
Paula’s Choice BHA is one of the most effective BHA exfoliants you can have in this market. Paula’s Choice BHA is a leave-on exfoliant that is non-abrasive to your skin and serves more than just scrubbing your skin. If your skin is lacking anything, this BHA is going to work towards that.
Paula’s Choice BHA smooths bumpy and rough skin, unclogs pores, minimizes the appearance of age, minimizes wrinkles and fine lines, clarifies dullness and blemishes from your skin, and creates an even tone. It removes all the buildup and dead skin and penetrates deeper to target the other problems.
If you have a blackhead or acne problem, Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliant is the way to go. It goes deep inside your pores, clears them out, and decreases the size of your enlarged pores. It balances the pH level of our skin by keeping the range between 3.2-3.8. Paula’s Choice BHA also increases hydration in your skin for you to have nourished and beautiful flawless skin.
Can I Use Moisturizer After Paula’s Choice BHA?
Yes! You definitely should use a moisturizer after using Paula’s Choice BHA. BHA is a chemical exfoliator that can leave your skin very dry afterward since it goes deeper into the skin to reduce the excess sebum or oil which are responsible for your clogged pores or breakout. So, after exfoliating, you do not even have to wait for the BHA to dry out. Apply serum and moisturizer right after it.
But you should consider your skin type and what problems you are dealing with before choosing the moisturizer you are going to use with Paula’s Choice BHA. If you are dealing with acne and using BHA to treat that, you can use moisturizers with benzoyl peroxide or hyaluronic acid in it. You can also use anything light and water-based which will not clog the pores or make your skin condition worst.
If you are trying to remove sun damage or aging signs like wrinkles, you can use moisturizers or serums with retinoid in it. And if you treat the dullness and blemishes on your skin, try using a moisturizer with vitamin C in it. Also, if you have dry skin, you should use a heavy moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated for a longer time. On the contrary, if you have oily skin, avoid wearing heavy oil-based moisturizers. Rather you should use a water-based lightweight moisturizer for keeping your skin healthy and free from further issues.
How to Apply Paula’s Choice BHA Exfoliant With Moisturizer?
For an effective result, you should apply Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliant in a certain way. I have explained how you can apply the exfoliant to have the maximum result:
- You should always clean your face first and remove all the dirt, debris, or makeup from your skin so that the exfoliant can go deeper into your skin.
- After cleaning or double cleaning, you should tone your face with a soothing toner before going to the third step which is exfoliating with Paula’s choice of BHA.
- You can apply Paula’s Choice BHA to your whole face except the eyelids. It should not go to your eyes even a single drop. But you can use this BHA to exfoliate your undereye areas.
- To apply the exfoliator, you should take a cotton pad and soak the pad with Paula’s Choice BHA. Then apply it to your whole face gently. You do not rub or scrub your skin with that.
- With Paula’s Choice BHA, you do not have to wait to dry it out to use any other products. Do your regular skin care in a thinner to thicker motion. After moisturizing you can use a hydrating moisturizer, serum, etc. But never miss out on a good sunscreen for additional protection.
Follow these steps to get the most out of it, and you can see a visible result within days after applying Paula’s Choice BHA.
✨ You May like: Can I Use PanOxyl and CeraVe Together?
How Often Should You Use Paula’s Choice BHA?
How often should you use it often depends on your skin’s tolerability and needs. Since it is a chemical exfoliator, your skin might need some time to get adjusted to that. If you have sensitive skin, try using Paula’s Choice twice a week first to check the tolerability of your skin. if your skin doesn’t irritate or you feel good, you can continue to exfoliate your skin every other day. And if you have a normal skin type and already have got used to it, you can use Paula’s Choice BHA once or twice every day. After the exfoliation, naturally, your skin will be much more sensitive than before since it treats your skin chemically. So never forget to wear sunscreen otherwise it can create redness and irritation in your skin.
1. Can I use Paula’s Choice BHA in the morning?
Yes, you can use Paula’s Choice BHA in the morning. But you have to protect your skin with a proper sunscreen appropriate for your skin type afterward.
2. Do you use Paula’s Choice BHA before or after moisturizer?
You should always use Paula’s Choice BHA before moisturizing your skin. After cleaning properly, use the BHA and go on with the serums, moisturizers, and your regular skincare routine after that.
3. Are BHA and Salicylic acid same?
YES! Salicylic acid belongs to the family of beta hydroxy acid or BHA. Salicylic acid is one of the most known BHAs from multiple others you can find out there.
Paula’s Choice BHA exfoliator is one of the renowned BHA exfoliators in the market for its effectiveness and amazing results. But, exfoliating regularly can leave your skin extremely dry if they are not properly moisturized. Yes! You should absolutely use moisturizer after exfoliating with Paula’s Choice BHA to save your skin from dryness and irritation etc. but you should consider your skin type and skin condition before choosing your moisturizer. Hydrate your skin with a moisturizer that will not worsen your skin condition and goes well with your skin type. You should also apply Paula’s Choice BHA in a specific way with a certain routine to have the maximum efficacy.
- Paula’s Choice BHA works best for treating skin conditions like acne, blackheads, blemish, dullness, aging signs, etc.
- BHA exfoliation can leave your skin very dry.
- To avoid further skin issues like dryness, redness, or irritation, you should moisturize your skin afterward.
- Apply Paula’s Choice BHA after cleaning and toning your skin, and before moisturizing to get the maximum result.
✨ Next Attraction: Can I Use Paula’s Choice BHA With Vitamin C?