Table of Contents Show
You can find so many skincare options out there, but you would always want to choose the finest facial which can give you the most effective result. Clarity and Dermalogica claim to offer the best skin facials in town. Both of them have their own skincare range for you to use on an everyday basis. They can be considered perfect contenders if you are looking for an extraordinary facial experience to rejuvenate your skin.
Clarity and Dermalogica are skincare brands that include expert skin care therapy. They are done by professional therapists and aestheticians. Clarity and Dermalogica have two different suites of products. One is for professional therapists to use in their facial therapy sessions and the other one is for their retail customers to use at home.
If you are planning to pamper yourself with an exclusive skin care session, you can choose between Clarity and Dermalogica depending on which type of facial between natural and chemical you are willing to get.
Dermalogica is a skincare brand that has researched and developed its formula for quite a long time with the finest ingredients possible out there to suit your skin type. If you want to take a Dermalogica facial, you have to go to the beauty therapist to check your skin type first, and based on their suggestion, you can take any of their skin treatment facials. They normally offer a good range of facial treatment options for you to choose from such as:
- Dermalogica Skin Fitness Plan: Skin fitness plan is mainly a free service done by the experts to give an in-depth insight into your skin. They will be doing a face mapping and prescribing you a treatment plan that is specifically designed for your skin type and concerns.
- Dermalogica ProSkin 60: This is a skin treatment service introduced by Dermalogica which is completely customized based on your skin type. This is previously known as Dermalogica Prescriptive Facial where therapists used to suggest any facial based on the need of your skin. In this treatment of Dermalogica, they will select the treatment procedures by analyzing the Skin Mapping and choosing the best treatment for your needs. This will be ideal for you if you want to address all the skin problems you have and take treatments according to that.
- Pro Bright Skin Treatment: If your face has become dull with the period of time and sunburn, pro bright skin is the way to go. This facial will make your skin bright and light with a healthy appearance. They will use vitamin C and strong niacinamide to make your uneven skin smooth and even.
- Pro Skin Treatment: Pro skin treatment treats your skin with LED light. These facial uses hydra dermabrasion to exfoliate your skin deeply. Led light therapy will target your skin concerns and reduce them with every session. This facial will treat your skin from deep inside and make it healthy and glowy.
- Pro Calm: Pro calm facial is great for people with sensitive skin. If you are suffering from skin sensitivity, skin itchiness, irritation, or any kind of skin disease like psoriasis, rosacea, or eczema, this facial will help you to calm it down. It also helps with skin redness, reaction, and inflammation, and helps to create a protective barrier to your skin.
- Pro Clear: For dealing with adult acne, you can take Dermalogica’s Pro Clear facial. This treatment can help to prevent your acne from re-emerging for a longer time. In this facial, your skin will be deep cleaned and then exfoliated. Followed by that your aesthetician will do an extraction which will clear out the acne present on the skin. After that, the mask application will help with the redness and calm your skin. Finally, they will gently hydrate your skin and make your skin fresh and protected.
These are some of the Dermalogica facials that you can take to get the completely new and rejuvenated skin that you desire. Dermalogica directly offers different types of facials and treatments on their flagship stores that you can book from home. All of this Dermalogica facial takes 30 to 60 minutes to complete which will be done in 6 steps:
- Double cleanse: In Dermalogica, your aesthetician will remove both water and oil-based debris ensuring the absolutely clean skin to start your treatment. They will use professional skin cleansers based on your skin type from their professional Dermalogica cleanser range.
- Resurfacing: After cleansing, they will start your exfoliation to clear up the dead cells. Exfoliation is suggested as resurfacing here because exfoliation is great for your skin surface to rejuvenate its cells and improve your skin texture. Based on your skin type they may do a mechanical or ultrasonic exfoliation.
- Extractions: Extraction is needed to make your skin clear to absorb all the good products. To achieve the best results, they will soften the follicles, sebum, blackheads, or whiteheads. They safely extract acne from your skin. They use products as their post-prep to soothe irritated and inflamed skin.
- Touch Therapies: This is a signature treatment of Dermalogica facial. Where they use touch therapy through acupressure movements and aroma therapy. Age reversal, stress relief, sensitive skin relief, targeted neck and shoulder therapy, and pressure point touch therapy based on your condition to soothe your face and body.
- Deep treatment: Deep treatment works best, to target the specific problems of your skin. Their experts will use serums and masks specifically customized to your skin type. They will also use ultrasonic blades so that all the ingredients can penetrate into your skin.
- Dermal layering: In this step, they use additional products which hydrate your skin and seal the moisturizer. They will also tone your face and neck before that ensuring you have the best results for your skin concerns.
Clarity is one of the best clean brands you can ever find. They are cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, plant-based, and environment-friendly. They are pharmaceutical grade and completely safe to use. They do not directly offer any facials in their stores, whereas they have licensed aestheticians who do their facials professionally. Only their licensed professional and aestheticians will give treatments for your skin type.
They believe in no harsh chemicals and synthetic ingredients like retinol or benzoyl. They want to provide a real improvement to the skin that will work for fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, redness, sensitivity, sagging, or acne. Clarity Skin facial ensures that you have no breakout or reaction after the facial as their products. They only focus on result-driven skin care done by their expert aestheticians. Their professional aestheticians can take 60 to 90 minutes based on your skin condition. It also takes 6 steps to complete the facial.
- Cleansing and exfoliation: With Clarity’s concentrated formula suited for your skin, your expert aesthetician deep clean your face and neck and exfoliate to create the maximum efficacy for product absorption. They will use some of their additional formulas before going to the next step.
- Correction: If you have unwanted skin conditions such as anti-aging, acne, rosacea, or hyperpigmentation, in this step, your skin will be corrected with their natural active formulas.
- Mask: Masking is inevitable in any skin facial. For a deep treatment, a customized mask completely based on your skin condition and concerns will be used. These masks will target your skin concerns and help to make it nourished and smooth.
- Hydration: Even after solving all skin-related issues, hydration is a must to keep your skin naturally healthy. Here, the experts will hydrate your skin with water-based formulas. Clarity’s products are made to hydrate even the plum tissues of your skin. It will make your skin soft and flexible that can absorb moisture better.
- Lubrication: Lubrication is a great additional step for locking the moisture that your skin achieved this far. For this step, an oil-based formula is used to lubricate your skin and prevent your skin from dehydration.
- Protection: Finally, they will protect your skin by using chemical or physical sunscreen which will not clog your pores. And your skin will be safe from blackheads and breakouts.
Clarity Vs Dermalogica: Which One To Choose?
The answer requires extended discussion to pick one product between them according to individual preference.
Dermalogica offers a free face mapping service that helps to identify your skin types and concerns for a better treatment while in Clarity services, you have to pay your aesthetician for this service.
If you want to do a medical spa then you can go with Dermalogica as they offer some medical spa services. But Clarity does not offer any medical spa services, they only focus on improving your natural skin condition.
If you want to choose a natural and vegan option that is animal and environment-friendly, Clarity is a great option. On the other hand, if you want to chemically treat your skin developed with the most effective way, and have a faster result, Dermalogica is the way to go.
So based on your personal preferences regarding these factors, you can choose the facial which will suit you the most.
The Main Differences at A Glance:
|Types of Products
|Plant-based, vegan, clean.
|Some of them are plant-based and vegan, but not all of them.
|Types of Ingredients
|Naturally derived like plant and flower extracts.
|Man-made formulas like Benzoyl peroxide.
|Types of facial
|Offers facial only based on your skin concern. There are no varieties.
|Offers multiple kinds of facials that you can choose from.
|Clarity facials are done by their licensed aesthetician in each of their own centers.
|Dermalogica Facial services are done only in their flagship stores by their aestheticians.
|Free services offered
|They offer no free service.
|They offer a free face mapping service to understand your skin type.
|Medical spasNo, they do not do any medical spas like peeling, microneedling, etc.
|Yes, They do medical spas.
✨ You May like: Can You Use Good Molecules Discoloration Serum With Retinol?
Tips to do your Own Facial
Both of the brands offer a large range of products that you can choose from based on your skin type. If you do not want to have their services, you can do it yourself with their products. Do not forget to consult a professional first. I am presenting the step-by-step process of doing a facial so that you can do it at your home with any skin care product suitable for your skin.
- Deep cleanse: In order to start your facial process, first you need to clean up all the dirt and makeup from your face by using cleansing oil or micellar water. Followed by that you have to double cleanse by using foaming gel or deep cleanser to remove any leftover makeup on your face. You can massage gently for a longer time to increase the blood circulation of your face.
- Exfoliate: After being done with the deep cleansing, you should use a proper exfoliator to clean up the dead cells from your skin properly. You should scrub your face for some time and clean it with a microfiber cloth and warm water. After a proper clean, your face is ready to absorb all the good products into it.
- Steam and Extract: After cleaning and scrubbing, you need to steam your face for quite a time. Steam helps to open up the pores in your skin and dissolve the hard buildups or blackheads. It will also help to hydrate the face even more. Right after steaming, you should jump to the extraction part. It will be easier to extract your blackheads or whiteheads after steaming. You can use an extracting tool but you need to be extra careful to not harm your skin. You should thoroughly read the manual first. You can also use your hands after a proper wash.
- Mask: Then you should wear a mask based on your skin concern. It is a very crucial part. The other steps were just the preparation for this one. This mask will help you to absorb all the good ingredients of the mask. There are different types of masks like gel masks, sheet masks, clay masks, and cream masks. You can use any of them or all of them in your facial based on how effective you want your facial to be.
- Serum: Then comes the serum which is considered to be a treat for your skin. It is not a complete necessity but you can use it to give your skin an extra layer of love. There are so many serums out there like vitamin C, Retinol, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic acid, etc. You can choose any of them that will work best for your skin type.
- Moisturize: Then the final and most important step is moisturizer. You have to choose a very hydrating moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated for a longer time. If your skin is oily, apply a lightweight moisturizer. If your skin is dry, use a heavy moisturizer. But never miss this last step.
If you follow these steps with suitable products for your skin, you can easily get a salon-like facial at your home.
Dermalogica is famous because they offer professional-grade skin products as the products are developed by The International Dermal Institute. They are known worldwide for developing products that are super effective for skin concerns. They focus more on your skin health. They have a large range of products that are suitable for all skin types and skin conditions.
It is a skin rejuvenating procedure that treats your skin from all the skin problems you have in-depth with the most natural ingredients. It does not use any harsh chemicals and leaves your skin with a better complexation and texture. They use LED therapy and ultrasonic vibration blade to exfoliate and stimulate blood circulation. It is suitable for all skin types.
Clarity is one of the most sustainable brands out there. Clarity is completely cruelty-free and does not harm or use any animals or their byproducts. Clarity is vegan and environment friendly as well. They also do not use any harsh chemicals in their products. They only use natural ingredients in their products. You can use their products based on your skin condition without the fear of any side-effect.
It is a never-ending debate about which brand offers the best quality products or facials. Both of them offer a great range of products and facial services with great feedback. Their product formulas are great for the utmost effectiveness. But which one you will choose is completely your preference based on if you like all-natural, vegan, plant-based ingredients or clinically made ingredients. Whatever product you choose will work fine if you choose the right one for your skin type. Do not forget to consult an expert before getting your desired products or facial.
- Clarity and Dermalogica are two renowned professional skincare brands.
- Dermalogica focuses more on your daily skincare routine.
- Clarity focuses more on giving you professional services.
- Clarity is a vegan, cruelty-free, environment-friendly brand with no harsh additives in the ingredient.
- Dermalogica is cruelty-free. They have the best formulas for an effective skin care.
✨ Next Attraction: Do You Tip For Microneedling?