Table of Contents Show
- About Fairy Hair
- 4 Factors That Affect Fairy Hair Lasting
- How Long Does Fairy Hair Last?
- Getting Fairy Hair With Micro Ring Extension: 6 Easy Steps
- Necessary Tips for Long-Lasting Fairy Hair
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Different hair trends take over at different times. Some trends exclusively put color to your hair strands while others are hair extensions to add length and volume without waiting too long. The trends of hair extensions are good for people who want trendy hair while also avoiding the damaging effects. So, anyone can easily change their look without coloring hair or adding highlights. Such an increasingly popular trend since the late 90s is fairy hair which has started to evolve again.
But how long does fairy hair last? Typically, you can expect fair hair to last for years! However, there are some factors like the type of hair that could make it last a longer or shorter duration. It is amazing to see fairy hair on some trending social media platforms. So come find out everything to do with fairy hair and how long it will last!
About Fairy Hair
Fairy hair is an attachment of some tiny, colorful, and glittery strands of tinsel to the base of your hair. The finest threads of tinsel are well fixed to your hair. It is done to your hair part by part. The shining colors will create an image of bright-colored extensions or temporary highlights which give a magical appearance to your hair. While it doesn’t give any long-lasting transition.
The material is viable polyester of supreme quality. Though their glittery and shiny highlights and extensions make it appear like silk. Fairy hair will take the shape of your hair type. So, your hair can be both straight and curly. It also works on both long and short hair. You can wash and comb your fairy hair regularly.
It is named fairy hair as it gradually changes its color. Fairy hair is also known as tinsel hair, shimmers, bling strands, glitter hair, mermaid hair, or fairy hair.
4 Factors That Affect Fairy Hair Lasting
Although there is a certain time up to which fairy hair lasts. There are some factors why fairy hair can last longer.
- Age: Age is a factor behind why fairy hair lasts longer. Children tend to lose their hair comparatively more. They will lose fairy hair faster than adults. So, for adults, fairy hair may last for a few months.
- Hair Type: Although the glittery strands suit every hair type, it is necessary to find the perfect one according to hair type. Metallic hair tinsel strands go well with thin or fine hair, while both metallic and non-metallic go with thick or coarse hair.
- Hair Texture: people have variations in their hair texture. The rate at which hair falls is different too. So, how long fairy hair will last can depend upon the texture of the hair too.
- Hair wash: The longevity of fairy hair is dependent on how often you wash your hair. Excessive hair wash will decrease its long-lastingness.
How Long Does Fairy Hair Last?
Fairy hair is not permanent since you can take it away as soon as you want. Broadly, the lastingness of fairy hair can be for a day, weeks, months, or up to a year.
The lastingness of fairy hair mainly depends on how often your hall falls. It usually falls with your natural hair. The tinsel strands get attached to each of the strands of your natural hair. So, the tinsel strands stay on your head as long as your natural hair does. While in the first week, some hairs will typically shed. You should take care of your fairy hair just like your natural hair. It is necessary to brush it, wash it, and go blow dry or curl it. While brushing your hair, the knot may get caught in the brush and take the fairy hair out with it.
You should wear strands of tinsel for a period between six to eight weeks. It is because your hair strands may be damaged from having a connection to the tinsel for a long period. So, the nature of the application is important here. If you are rough in your daily hair styling, then your hair won’t last very long but rather become prone to damage. Also, there are seasons of the year when hair loss is greater than at other times. Therefore, your hair will fall too along with the fairy hair.
So, fairy hair usually lasts for a longer time in thicker hair types. It can last from 2 to 8 weeks or even more. Fairy hair can last longer depending on how well you take care of it. With proper care and maintenance, you can increase the durability of fairy hair.
Getting Fairy Hair With Micro Ring Extension: 6 Easy Steps
There are two methods for getting fairy hair, such as the tie-in hair tinsel, and the micro ring extension method. The micro ring extension method is probably the best way to make sure that your fairy hair lasts as long as possible! With the micro rings, you can just leave them in your hair, unlike before when people used to do little loop knots with these extensions that didn’t stay for very long. So, in this way, you can have your fairy hair last for as long as you want.
You will need the following instruments for this method.
- Micro Ring
- Tinsel Hair Extensions
- A Comb
- The Pliers
- Some Clips
Step 1: Section Your Hair
Section your hair by using some clips. It will get the little hairs out of the way.
Step 2: Put the Micro Ring onto The Threader
Put the micro ring onto the threader. Pop it over the end and push it on.
Step 3: Take Strands of Tinsel Hair Extensions
Take four strands of tinsel hair extensions. Just pop them and get ready to get the first section. You don’t need so much hair. You just take a little section as you don’t want to start too near the front. So, start back here. Add your hair to your fingers that are holding the tinsel hair extension.
Step 4: Take the Thread
Take the thread after microwaving it. Put your fingers through the little diamond shape. Then take a bit of hair and pull it through. Push the bead up towards the end of the threader and then pull the thread up back through the other way.
Step 5: Take the Pliers and Push the Micro Ring
Then the hair and the tinsel will be through the bead. So, take your pliers and push the micro ring up as far as it can go but avoiding the top of the end of the hair extensions. Pop up the pliers over and grip.
Step 6: Get the Set of Tinsel Hair Extensions.
So, you will first get one little set of tinsel hair extensions. Grab your scissors and snip off the end of the extensions where the end of your hair is. Carry on the same process to get the whole set of hair extensions.
✨ You May like: Hairstyles That Hide Extensions
Necessary Tips for Long-Lasting Fairy Hair
Here are some tips following which you can get long-lasting fairy hair.
- Brush Your Hair Regularly: Brush your hair gently by pulling the extensions from the roots so that hair tinsel does not fall out.
- Use The Comb Correctly: Using the large comb, loosen up your fairy hair. You should start combing from the bottom.
- Buy More Tinsel Strands: You may buy more strands to have long-lasting fairy hair.
- Put Eyelash Glue: Put eyelash glue on the knot of your hair so that it stays in place.
- Consider Heat Restrictions: Consider the heat restrictions for your hair tinsel’s brand. Do not use hot hairstyling tools since they can damage your fairy hair. Still, if you want to use it, then use the minimum heat to the fairy hair through flat irons, blow dryers, etc.
- Check Out the Strands: If you check the fallen hair strands, you will get to know if the hair is still in the knot.
- Avoid Extra Twists: Avoid extra twists on your hair strands.
Yes. You can shower with fairy hair. It is also possible to blow dry or straighten it.
Yes. Fairy hair is safe for all since it naturally falls down. It cannot be harmful to your hair. Even you can apply heat to them.
Your tinsel hair may not stay on your hair when your hair is slippery. In that case, the tinsel falls down easily. A small amount of dry shampoo or hairspray to your roots can help it to stay in your hair.
Yes, of course! It gives an amazing experience for children along with adults. But fairy hair can’t be long-lasting when added to children since they shed a lot. You can still go for it.
Fairy hair can enhance your look into creativity giving you a feeling like highlights. It is a unique way to add glaze to your look. It goes with all hair types and textures. Since you only need a few strands to perfectly design your hair, it is also cost-effective.
So, fairy hair can last for a day, weeks, months, or up to a year in general while it will last for a longer time if you have thicker hair. Fairy hair stays on your head as long as your natural hair does and falls when natural hair falls down. It can last from 2 to 8 weeks or even more. Although there are other methods for getting fairy hair, go through the micro ring extension method for getting long-lasting fairy hair.
Though the lastingness of fairy hair depends on some factors, proper care, and maintenance will give excellent results for longevity.
- Fairy hair lasts longer due to some factors like age, hair type, hair texture, and hair wash.
- Broadly, the lastingness of fairy hair can be for a day, weeks, months, or up to a year.
- The lastingness of fairy hair mainly depends on how often your hall falls. It usually falls with your natural hair.
- Fairy hair usually lasts for a longer time in thicker hair types. It can last from 2 to 8 weeks or even more.
- Although there are other methods for getting fairy hair, go for the micro ring extension method for getting long-lasting fairy hair.
- With proper care and maintenance, you can increase the durability of fairy hair.
✨ Next Attraction: Can A White Person Use A Hair Relaxer?