Table of Contents Show
- What is a Water-Based Foundation?
- Is Fenty Foundation Water-Based?
- 3 Ways to Know If It is a Water-Based Foundation
- Ingredients Explained
- Characteristics of Fenty Foundation
- Benefits & Drawbacks of Fenty Foundation
- Is Fenty Foundation Good for Oily Skin?
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Skincare and makeup products have become very popular around the world. Skincare products are used to keep our skin healthy and hydrated while makeup products are used to make ourselves presentable. The most popular makeup products are foundation, concealer, primer, setting spray, mascara, blush, eyeshadow, etc. Foundation is the most significant product to use when doing makeup. This is the base of creating your makeup look. Fenty Foundation is a popular foundation that can be found in different shades with a long-lasting formula.
So, is Fenty Foundation water-based? Though Fenty has a water-based formula, it is not a water-based foundation. Fenty is a silicon-based foundation and it creates a smooth and silky texture on the skin. The ingredients list shows that this foundation contains more silicon-based ingredients. Besides, the texture or consistency of Fenty foundation is similar to any silicon-based foundation. The silicone-based formula makes it a good choice for people with oily or sensitive skin.
What is a Water-Based Foundation?
A water-based foundation is a type of foundation that has water as its main ingredient. While oil-based foundation contains oils and emollients, water-based foundations use water to create a lightweight and natural finish.
Water-based foundations are made with a combination of water, glycerin, and other hydrating ingredients that help to keep the skin moisturized throughout the day. This is a great choice for people with dry or sensitive skin. The water-based foundation also gives a more natural finish than oil-based foundations. This type of foundation is also easy to apply and blend. Water-based foundations work well for combination, acne-prone, or dry skin.
Is Fenty Foundation Water-Based?
Fenty is a popular brand that offers different makeup products. The foundations of Fenty are popular because of its variety of shades. Fenty is a soft matte and long-lasting foundation. This foundation is not water-based rather it is a lightly silicone-based foundation. Despite having a water-based formula, the Fenty foundation is too runny and it is silicone-based.
Fenty foundation is primarily made with silicones. The higher concentrations of silicones are found in this foundation. Silicone-based foundation creates a smooth and silky texture on the skin. Besides, the popular ingredient named dimethicone is found here. Moreover, the silicone-based foundations are water-proof and you don’t need to worry about sweating. Fenty foundation is found to have a slippery texture that works perfectly for oily skin people. This foundation contains ingredients that help to blur the pores and fine lines with creating a smooth base. So, Fenty is not a water-based foundation, it is a silicone-based foundation.
3 Ways to Know If It is a Water-Based Foundation
There are some ways to know about the foundation type. They are as follows-
- Check the Ingredients List: This is one of the best ways to know whether a foundation is water-based. In the case of Fenty Foundation, the same tricks can be applied to know whether it is water or silicone-based. You can do some research online to find out the result. For example- In a water-based foundation, the common ingredients are water, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin while in silicone-based foundations, Silicon will remain as the main ingredients. In some cases, silicone and water are the base ingredients.
- Check the Texture and Consistency: You can also look at the texture and consistency of a foundation. Water-based foundations are mostly thinner and more liquid than oil-based foundations. And they give a lightweight feel to the skin. Water-based foundations are mostly suited for dry skin. But it is also good for oily and combination skin. In the same way, you can see the texture and consistency of Fenty foundation to know its type.
- Reaction with Your Skin: Another way of knowing a foundation’s base is the reaction with your skin. As water is the primary ingredient of Fenty foundation, it is best for dry skin. Moreover, water-based foundations are also good for oily or acne-prone skin because they don’t contribute to access to oil production.
Knowing the ingredients is very important to know about the base of a foundation. The most common ingredients of most Fenty Foundation are as follows-
- Water/Aqua: Water is the main ingredient used in almost all skincare and makeup products that works as a solvent for other ingredients. This is the base of all skincare products that help to hydrate the skin. In the very first spot of the ingredient list, it is found in almost all skincare items.
- Dimethicone: This is the most common silicone used in any product. It helps to form a protective barrier and makes the skin smooth. This also helps to fill the wrinkles and fine lines.
- PEG-10 Dimethicone: This is a silicone emulsifier that helps water and silicone mix nicely. It is also mixed with plant-oil and silicone-oil mixture.
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate: This is a solid silicone resin that helps to make the makeup long-lasting and can increase the water resistance of sunscreens. It also gives a non-tacky feel to the skin.
- Isododecane: This ingredient helps the skin to be non-oily and fresh. Also, this makes the foundation more durable. This ingredient is not only listed in make-up items rather it is also a good makeup remover ingredient.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is a preservative used in skincare products to prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. It helps to make the active ingredients effective for a long time. This is a safe and gentle ingredient to use in any product.
- Glycerin: This is one of the most common and effective ingredients which works as a natural moisturizer. Most significantly, glycerin helps to treat severely dry skin.
- Aluminum Hydroxide: Aluminum Hydroxide helps the skin to protect from the harmful effect of UV and nasty reactive oxygen species.
- Silica: This ingredient is used to absorb oil from your skin. It also helps to keep the skin matte. This can be considered a helper ingredient for thickening up any products.
- Potassium Sorbate: Potassium Sorbate is an ingredient that works against mold and east It is also a kind of preservative that increases the durability of the products.
- Titanium Dioxide: This is one of the ingredients that work against UV rays. It helps to protect the skin from sun damage and premature aging. Titanium dioxide can also brighten and improve the skin tone.
- Iron Oxides: Iron Oxides are a mixture of Iron II and Iron III oxide. This is a pigment that helps to control the darkness of the concealer. It helps to give you a natural-looking flesh tone.
- Fragrance: Fenty uses different smelling staffs to make the products smell good and attractive. People with sensitive skin may face problems as it can cause allergies or irritation to their skin.
Characteristics of Fenty Foundation
Fenty is a well-renowned cosmetic brand that is founded by global superstar Rihanna. This brand offers inclusive and innovative products to us. Fenty Foundation has given an outstanding performance. There are some key features or characteristics of Fenty Foundation.
1. Different Shades
Fenty foundation can be found in more than 50 shades. The extensive shade ranges allow all individuals to find their perfect match.
2. Long-Lasting & Buildable Coverage
Fenty Foundation provides buildable coverage with a long-lasting formula. This is designed in a way to last in different climates and lighting conditions. Throughout the day, The Fenty foundation provides a flawless complexion on the skin.
3. Lightweight Texture
Fenty foundation contains a lightweight formula. Because of the lightweight texture, it is blended into the skin easily and the appearance of pores and imperfections are minimized as well.
4. Smooth & Even Finish
Fenty Foundation contains some key ingredients like water, silicon, and some other emollients that help to create a smooth and even finish on the skin. There are also some other skin-loving ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid that helps to provide hydration and balance the moisture of the skin.
The Fenty Foundation is non-comedogenic in nature. As a result, it doesn’t cause breakouts and is less likely to clog pores. The non-comedogenic nature of Fenty Foundation makes it an excellent option for oily or acne-prone skin.
6. Natural & Dewy Finish
Fenty Foundation contains essential ingredients that help to provide you with a natural and dewy finish. The natural finish provides a youthful glow to your complexion.
7. Paraben Free
Fenty foundation is free from parabens or any other chemical additives. As a result, it is suitable for all skin types and complexions. People with sensitive skin can also use this foundation as this is free from toxic ingredients.
✨ You May like: Top 11 Best Cruelty-free Setting Powder in 2023
Benefits & Drawbacks of Fenty Foundation
Like other products, Fenty Foundation has also benefits along with some drawbacks. Though the drawbacks are very less in number but still they exist.
- The packaging and design of the Fenty foundation seem so exclusive and fantastic.
- Compared to other foundations, Fenty Foundation is reasonable and affordable.
- This foundation is sweat-proof and has an oil-control formula. As a result, it is good for both oily and combination skin.
- Fenty foundation is so lightweight and breathable on the skin. You can wear it throughout the day without any discomfort.
- Fenty foundation is free from parabens, additives, and sulfates which is a plus point.
- This foundation reduces the appearance of dark circles, breakouts, redness, or any other flaws in the skin.
- This is a cruelty-free foundation; which means that it is not tested on animals in any stage of the development of this product.
- Fenty Foundation does not contain SPF which is one of the significant setbacks in comparison to the other foundations.
- This is not a popular opinion but some reviewers felt that the Fenty Foundation is a bit drying.
Is Fenty Foundation Good for Oily Skin?
The ingredients list is very important to know about the formulation of a foundation. This depends on so many things to decide whether a foundation is good for oily, dry, or combination skin.
As Fenty is a silicone-based foundation, it is good for oily skin. Most significantly, if you have sensitive skin, the silicone-based foundation is better than others. The oil-free formula and non-comedogenicity make it a good option for oily skin. As it contains silicone, it can soak oil very well and works as a good antioxidant. So, Fenty Foundation can work well on oily skin.
Fenty matte foundation is made with a technology that is sweat and water-resistant. This is an oil-free, soft matte foundation that works well on oily, sensitive, or combination skin.
Fenty Foundation provides buildable coverage that won’t cause breakouts or irritate your skin. It can work very well on the acne-prone skin.
If the application or blending is not done well, the Fenty foundation may look cakey. For avoiding this, use an effective beauty blender to blend it well.
Fenty foundation is free from paraben and sulfate but it is not natural. Fenty foundation contains ingredients that are not all natural.
Fenty is a long-lasting, hydrating, natural finish foundation that can work well on normal, dry, or oily skin.
Fenty is a popular cosmetic brand that offers a wide range of make-up products. The foundation of this brand is very popular because of its variety of shades. There are some ways to know about the base of the foundation which includes ingredients, texture and consistency, and some others. The formulation of Fenty Foundation shows that it has a silicone-based formula with a smooth and silky texture on the body. The texture and consistency of Fenty foundation are very suitable for oily and sensitive skin. So, the characteristics of the Fenty Foundation show that this foundation is not water-based.
- Fenty is a popular brand that offers a wide range of makeup items including foundation, primer, concealer, and so on.
- This is not a water-based foundation rather it contains silicon as its main ingredient.
- The ingredients list, texture, and reaction with our skin show that this is a silicon-based foundation.
- Ingredients like Dimethicone, and PEG-10 Dimethicone shows the silicon-based formulation in this foundation.
- There are a few drawbacks to this foundation. So, check the pros and cons before using Fenty foundation on your skin.
✨ Next Attraction: Why Are My Gel Nails Sticky?