Table of Contents Show
- What are 12 Inches of Hair?
- Factors for Considering 12 Inches of Hair
- What Does 12 Inches of Hair Look Like?
- 12 Amazing Hairstyles for 12-Inch Hair
- 12 Inches of Hair Extensions: Types and Cost
- Tips for Maintaining 12 Inches of Hair
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Women have historically long hair which has become a symbol of beauty for women. Some people may have faster hair growth while some have comparatively slower hair growth. One or more than one factors influence the rate of hair growth. Hair growth cycles, age, diet, hormones, stress, scalp health, and many other factors are to be considered for hair length. But one of the most popular hair lengths is 12 inches of hair.
But what does 12 inches of hair look like? Most 12 inches of hair are around a bit lower than the shoulder length. But this will be dependent on a number of factors as well! Each person is different and each person styles their hair differently as well so 12 inches of hair may look different on different people. That is why let’s explore all things related to hair length and check out some different hairstyles that you can do for your hair and how extensions might differ!
What are 12 Inches of Hair?
Hair may be short, medium, or long in length and the perfect way to define hair length is in body parts rather than in inches. The length of medium hair is between 12-18 inches for straight hair and up to 24 inches for curly hair. Simply, the length that goes from the shoulder to the armpit is medium hair length. So, the 12 inches of hair is a hair of medium length.
12 inches of long hair refers to the hair length which is a little longer than the shoulder-length hair. This length option of hair will touch the shoulder or extend up to the top of your back. Hair normally takes 1 month to grow 1 to 2 inches. So, you will need 2 years for growing 12 inches of hair. But if you don’t have time to grow this length naturally, the only option left for you is to buy hair extensions.
Factors for Considering 12 Inches of Hair
You can consider 12 Inches of hair for the following factors.
- Type of your hair: You will need to consider the type of your hair when you want to have 12 inches of hair since it affects how the length of your hair appears. For straight hair, the hair strand will give the actual look. While for wavy or curly hair, the hair won’t give the actual look rather it will look a little shorter in length. Again, for textured hair, a haircut of a little longer length than your desired length will help you.
- Shape of your face: One haircut looks different on different face shapes. A specific haircut may look more attractive on specific face shapes. So, before you go for any haircut, consider the shape of your face. This will give you a perfect look. Always try to consider which haircut will look best with your face on your 12 inches of long hair.
- Your hair goals: You will need to consider your hair goals for having 12 inches of hair. Before cutting hair, consider your long-term hair goals. Since you want to have 12 inches of hair, you should not cut a lengthy portion of your hair. You just need to trim your hair regularly.
What Does 12 Inches of Hair Look Like?
12 inches of hair has variations in different aspects like hair type, hair texture, face shape, an individual’s height, and haircut. Let’s learn about the variations based on hair type and face shape.
12 Inches of Hair for Different Hair Types
The look varies in naturally straight, wavy, and curly hair in the following way:
- Straight Hair: If you have straight hair, 12 inches of hair will look perfect for you. The length of your hair will appear fuller than the length of your shoulder. It will stay in between the shoulders and mid-back. But naturally, straight hair can look shorter in length because of the curl pattern. Again, if you have thicker hair, your hair will then look shorter in length. While people with finer hair won’t face this problem.
- Wavy Hair: Wavy hair is the hair type that is between straight and curly hair, while it is thicker than straight hair. Medium-length hair will make your hair waves visible. So, if you have wavy hair, 12 inches of hair will look good too. The length of your hair will stay between the neck and shoulder. Wavy hair will easily maintain the hairstyles you apply to your hair.
- Curly Hair: Curly hair is the hair type that naturally gives a short appearance. So, 12 inches of curly hair can look good but appear shorter compared to both 12 inches of straight and wavy hair. It will stay around the neck or a little above the shoulder. But it may still appear to be relatively long in length. Curly hair thus looks short in dry condition and looks long in wet condition on the other hand.
12 Inches of Hair for Different Face Shapes
- Oval shape: An oval face shape is perfect for many different hairstyles. You just need to select a suitable haircut that goes well with you. So, people with oval-shaped faces having 12 inches of hair can easily carry almost every unique kind of hairstyle.
- Square shape: If persons with square-shaped faces have 12 inches of hair, they can give a layered or wavy hairstyle. It will help to get a rounder and simpler look.
- Angled face: You can go for layered hairstyles with an angled face, and you can maintain your 12-inch hair length. These curls will make your face less square and masculine, making it more attractive and balanced. The jawline appears to be covered on both sides by hairstyles.
- Heart-shaped face: The persons with heart-shaped faces having 12 inches of hair will maintain a large forehead and confined chin. To balance the size of the forehead, you can try a layered cut or side-swept bangs cut.
- Round face: Persons with round faces can have 12 inches of hair. For that, hair stays above the shoulders or can contain layers. This will result in a thin and clear jawline. A long bob haircut or bob head style with a long diagonal bang may help you to maintain the size of your face.
- Diamond face: A diamond-shaped face can perfectly go with the 12 inches of hair to give you a complementary look. The reason behind this is that it increases volume and width at the chin and jawline mainly. As a result, the cheekbones are balanced.
- Small face: For covering most of the part of your small face, you have to make thick and short bangs. Using a bobtail or giving a haircut from the middle may help you to get a face that appears to be longer.
12 Amazing Hairstyles for 12-Inch Hair
Although hairstyle is a matter of personal preference, still if you go for your hairstyle according to the length, it will help you to look more attractive. It is possible to create 14 different amazing hairstyles with 12 inches of hair.
1. Open hair
People with 12inches hair can choose this hairstyle because the medium-length hair itself looks attractive. While you can transform it into a bold color to make it more eye catchy. You will get the desired youthful shine through open hair which makes your appearance more presentable.
2. Loose Ponytail
If you want an exclusively fashionable yet comfortable look, a loose ponytail will be one of the perfect hairstyles for you. You don’t need to worry since it is safe and will keep your hair in place. So, the hairstyle is very entrancing.
3. Curly Blonde Balayage
Although curly hair already looks stunning, you can color your hair to get a unique hair look. So, the hairstyle called curly blonde balayage will increase your attractive vibe to a different level the same as you desire.
4. Cornrows Braids
If you want to maintain your 12 inches of hair, cornrows braids are a perfect hairstyle choice for you. This hairstyle can be randomly changed again and again in a simple way. But it will apply to those who are used to this change. Also, curtain bangs will help you to look more fashionable.
5. Straight Weave
The straight weave is a popular hairstyle because it gives you a youthful spirit. You will get a broader and thicker look and it may extend up to the chin or shoulder. You also won’t need extra time for the maintenance of short or long hair.
6. Bushy Afro Hair
This is an African hairstyle. The benefit of this hairstyle is that you can skip hair extensions while you need to use hair products on the hair and simply comb the hair out. You only need to get rid of frizzy hair to utilize this hairstyle.
7. Bone Straight Bob
The medium-length bone straight bob is a stylish hairstyle that complements facial shapes like the oval and diamond well. To achieve the look, keep the hair straight before adding the short bangs, or, for those who don’t want to go through the straightening process, use bone straight human hair weave.
8. Chic and Neat Low Bun
The chic and neat low bun is an easy hairstyle that you can opt for every day. If you don’t want to think of newer hairstyles every day but want to look simple and elegant, this will be a wonderful choice for you. First, you need to make a low bun and then create this hairstyle.
9. Casual Updo
This is an easy hairstyle although it seems to be a bit tricky. Bring some part of the hair to the left side first. Then using bobby pins, secure the hair on both the left and right sides of the parting. Finally, make a simple bun of any style after collecting the hair.
10. Layered bob with deep side part
You can go for this hairstyle if you have 12 inches of hair. The layers within your hair will help to enhance the look in the form of bangs. Along with a deep side part by coloring your hair brown or any other color, this style can give an excellent look.
For a younger as well as protective hair look, the dreadlocks hairstyle will be perfect which goes well with any event or occasion. This hairstyle is very long-lasting also. The locks will be good whether they are short or long. You can pull it in a high ponytail to make your face contours visible. But it will manage the hairstyle anyway.
12. Below-Shoulder Straight Hair with Curtain Bangs
Choose a blunt straight hairstyle if you want to keep things simple and easy to do. The blunt cut can always offer you an intense vibe despite how simple it is. Additionally, gentle, moving bangs can make your hair fashionable.
12 Inches of Hair Extensions: Types and Cost
12 inches of hair extensions refers to hair extensions that are 12 inches long. Your natural hair will improve in length and volume with it. These hair extensions come in a variety of origins and product varieties to suit the high demand of users around the world.
- 12-Inch Clip-In Hair Extensions: In 12-inch clip-in hair extensions, 12-inch clips with hair weaves are attached, making it simple for users to secure them to their natural hair. The cost ranges from about $100 for 20 inches of hair to over $500 for a box of nine parts of 30 inches.
- 12-inch Tape-In hair extensions: 12-inch tape-in hair extensions are a fantastic option for temporarily lengthening, thickening, or highlighting hair. They consist of sticky tabs and large, fine hair weaves. At a salon, partial extensions for these extensions start at about $200.
- 12-inch Sew-In hair extensions: 12-inch Sew-in hair extensions or weft hair extensions with a length of 12 inches can be popular, but the word “sew-in” can make you confused. The cost starts at $275 and goes up to $60 for each unique track of hair sewed in.
- Fusion and bonded 12-inch hair extensions: Due to their usage of heat and glue, fusion and bonded hair extensions or tip-in hair extensions are preferred because they offer greater flexibility than other hair extension types. The cost of fusion hair extensions at a salon might range from $200 to $1,000 or more and costs for bonded keratin hair extensions range from $1,500 to $3,000.
- 12-inch Microbead hair extensions: Due to safety, durability, and affordable price, 12-inch hair extensions are popular. But the installation procedure needs complex skills and should be carried out by a qualified hairstylist. In addition to the salon installation fee, microbead hair extensions cost about $200.
✨ You May like: What Is The Rarest Hair Type?
Tips for Maintaining 12 Inches of Hair
Since 12 inches of hair is medium-length hair, the hair needs to be maintained. Hair growth is an important factor here. Though hair growth cannot take place overnight, it should be taken care of regularly. For maintaining 12 inches of hair, you can follow some tips.
- Get Trims Regularly: You must get trims regularly for hair growth as well as to reduce split ends.
- Ensure a Balanced Diet in Your Routine: You must make sure that you are having a proper balance diet that will support hair growth.
- Ensure Longer and Stronger Hair: Since growing 12 inches long hair will take time, take care of your hair more carefully to ensure longer and stronger hair.
- Choose Shampoo Wisely: Don’t go for shampoos that can be harmful to you. Rather choose shampoos wisely which will be beneficial for your hair.
- Use a Serum: You may start to use a hair serum for thicker, fuller hair since it contains essential nutrients for hair.
- Reduce Excessive Stress: Excessive stress is bad for your hair health. So, for quicker hair growth, reduce excessive stress which also prevents hair loss.
- Consult with a Doctor: If you experience very irregular hair growth or your hair growth stops unexpectedly, consult with your doctor regarding it.
Increased hair growth means improving the hair growth phase or, more precisely, preventing it from entering the resting phase before the hair falls. The length of this growth cycle determines the maximum length of your hair, which can range from 12 to 42 inches.
While some weaves are machine-sewn, others are hand-tied. As a result, the 12-inch weave hair is exactly what it sounds like. It is a weave hair that is 12 inches long (about 30.48 centimeters).
Hair typically grows by about half an inch in a month. As a result, you are likely to see your hair grow by around a quarter of an inch or half a centimeter every two weeks.
12 inches of hair is hair of medium length and is a little longer than shoulder-length hair. There are several factors, such as the type of your hair, the shape of your face, and your hair goals to consider when growing 12 inches of hair. Also, the hair look varies for different hair types and face shapes. 12 inches of straight hair will appear fuller than the length of the shoulder, while wavy hair will stay between the neck and shoulder, and curly hair will look short in dry condition and long in wet condition. There are many types of hairstyles that you can choose from when styling yours as well! But it will depend on your hair goal and how you want to style your look. Ultimately, you can go for hair extensions as well so there are a variety of options to choose from to make go with a classy 12-inch hair look but remember that it comes with being able to maintain it too!
- The 12 inches of hair is a hair of medium length. This length option of hair will touch the shoulder or extend up to the top of your back.
- You can consider 12 Inches of hair for factors, such as the type of your hair, the shape of your face, and your hair goals.
- 12 Inches of hair look varies for naturally straight, wavy, and curly hair types. If you have straight hair, 12 inches of hair will look perfect for you.
- People with oval-shaped faces having 12 inches of hair can easily carry almost every unique kind of hairstyle.
- For an exclusively fashionable yet comfortable look, a loose ponytail will be one of the perfect hairstyles,
- 12-inch tape-in hair extensions are a fantastic option for temporarily lengthening, thickening, or highlighting hair.
✨ Next Attraction: How Many Inches Is Thick Hair?