Table of Contents Show
- Ingredients of Micellar Water
- Can You Use Micellar Water to Clean Eyelash Extensions?
- Why Use Micellar Water to Clean Eyelash Extensions?
- Step-by-Step Procedure to Clean Eyelash Extensions with Micellar Water
- Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
- Additional Tips for Taking Care of Your Eyelash Extensions
- 7 Examples of Micellar Water for Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
- Alternatives to Micellar Water for Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Eyelash extensions result in long, thick eyelashes and give people a younger look without makeup or any other beauty products. The extensions are high maintenance, and it is necessary to take care of those properly, and cleaning is an important step there even if you have got the too thick eyelashes. It includes the removal of eye makeup, dead skin cells, dirt, old lash glue, and germs over the lashes. The quality of your extension glue may be affected if you avoid cleaning the lashes extensions.
You can clean eyelash extensions in several ways. While not every option is good for the extensions. Looking for safer options to clean eyelash extensions will not harm your eyelash extensions. You want to use micellar water for eyelash extensions which is a mild cleanser formulated to get rid of makeup, oil, or any kind of dirt from the skin. But you may be confused about it and ask: Can you use micellar water to clean eyelash extensions? So, this write-up will help you to find out everything related to cleaning eyelash extensions with micellar water.
Ingredients of Micellar Water
Micellar water is also known as soft water which is a lightweight cleanser. It is generally used for cleaning the skin, but you can also use it to clean eyelash extensions. Micellar water has the following key ingredients.
- Purified Water
The cleanser contains purified water mostly. It also contains micelles and surfactants. Micelles is a gentle cleaning compound that draws in all kinds of dirt and oil contained within the extensions. When gets closer to dirt and oil, micelles split them up and hold those together. Even if you have eye makeup on the lashes extensions, with the help of micelles the makeup products get melt or sneak away. Another key ingredient needed for cleaning lash extensions is surfactants. The surfactants form tiny clusters called micelles when added to water. Surfactants are chemicals that prevent the separation of oil from water.
Can You Use Micellar Water to Clean Eyelash Extensions?
The answer is yes. You can safely use micellar water to clean eyelash extensions.
Oil-based micellar water is not favorable for eyelash extensions. It is too strong for eyelash adhesive. Because the oil causes damage to the adhesive which bonds the eyelash extension to the natural eyelashes. A few extensions may fall while applying oil-filled micellar water on the extensions. It may affect the remaining extensions too by making those weak. So, you need to do research on the ingredients of micellar water and go for water-based micellar water for cleaning eyelash extensions. The cleanser will remove all kinds of dirt, oil, and makeup contained within the extensions. It will be best to use water-based micellar water since it keeps both the eyelashes or lash adhesive intact and causes no damage to those.
So, I suggest using micellar water for cleaning eyelash extensions however, you must select the micellar water with the right formula and try to use it properly. You also need to consider your skin type before using micellar water for cleaning the extensions. For sensitive skin, the product can cause dryness and breakouts. So, select the right micellar water which is formulated for sensitive skin.
Why Use Micellar Water to Clean Eyelash Extensions?
If you do not clean your eyelash extensions regularly, it could result in early lash loss. You also run the danger of getting an eye infection if you don’t clean your eyelash extensions. Using micellar water is good for cleaning the extensions. There are a few reasons why using micellar water is important to clean eyelash extensions.
- Have Unique Cleansing Properties: Due to the unique cleansing properties of micellar water, it becomes a perfect cleaner for eyelash extensions.
- An Excellent Remover of Dirt or Oil: A magnetic layer is created through the cleaning agent in micellar water which helps to remove any kind of dirt, or oil from your extensions.
- Leads to Safest and Quickest Cleaning Process: It leads to one of the safest and quickest processes for cleaning your voluminous eyelash extensions.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Clean Eyelash Extensions with Micellar Water
You should clean your lash extensions daily or twice a day if you use to wear eye makeup frequently or have oily skin or eyelids. For cleaning your eyelash extensions with micellar water, you will need the following tools.
- Micellar water
- Cleansing brush
- Lash brush
- Mascara wand
- Clean water
Now, let’s go with the step-by-step procedure to clean eyelash extensions with micellar water.
- Step 1: Choose A High-Quality Lash Brush: Choose a delicate lint-free lash brush for cleaning the eyelash extensions.
- Step 2: Identify and Take Away the Facial Makeup: Identify the areas adjacent to your eyes and take away the facial makeup without touching the eyelash extensions.
- Step 3: Put the Micellar Water on Your Eyelash Extensions: After you have completed removing the facial makeup, put the micellar water on your eyelash extensions with the help of a fluffy lash brush.
- Step 4: Make the Brush Wet with Micellar Water: Make the brush wet immersing it in micellar water. Carefully apply it all over your eyelashes.
- Step 5: Apply the Brush Starting from Top to Down the Extensions: Then, take the brush on eyelash extensions starting from top to down the extensions to help the micellar water soak it. Ensure to not wipe or scrub tightly as it can weaken the eyelash extensions and make them fall early.
- Step 7: Remove Tangles with A Mascara Wand: Start to remove tangles from your eyelashes using a mascara wand. Keeping the mascara wand below the lashes, brush it in an upward motion.
- Step 8: Blow Dry or Use a Towel to Keep the Lashes Dry: While using the mascara wand, blow dry to keep the lashes dry. But do not apply any extra pressure and for that, maintain a distance of the blow drier from your eyelashes. You can also use a towel to dry the eyelashes.
- Step 9: Clean Extra Micellar Water with A Lint-Free Paper Towel: Clean extra micellar water using a lint-free paper towel. Do not use cotton balls or cotton pads as there are chances of their fiber getting attached to the bottom of your eyelash extensions.
- Step 10: Washing off: Although micellar water is free from oil or any harmful ingredients, washing it off is optional. Still, if you want you may splash your face carefully with cold water. Then using cold water, wash your eyelashes.
- Step 11: Use Eyelash Shampoo Using a Cleansing Brush: It is necessary to remove the last traces of dirt, oil, or makeup. So, after completing the process, you can use a little eyelash shampoo with the help of a cleansing brush. Do not rub after the application of the shampoo.
Dos and Don’ts of Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
These are some dos and don’ts that you need to follow to clean eyelash extensions.
- Try to use products that are specially formulated for cleaning eyelash extensions.
- Always be gentle while cleaning the eyelash extensions.
- Use an after-cleanse product for protection.
- Perform a patch test to be sure you are not allergic to any ingredients of the product.
- Do not use oil-infused products as they can damage your extensions.
- Do not use cotton pads as your lashes may be pulled and the extensions may come out.
- Do not wipe or pull the extensions since it can lead the extensions to fall.
- Do not use hot water to experience the negative effects, rather use lukewarm or cool water.
- Discontinue using the product if you experience any unpleasant burning or tingling after the patch test.
Additional Tips for Taking Care of Your Eyelash Extensions
Once you’d be following the regular tips for taking care of your eyelash extentions, here are some of the addition tips to follow for the better outcome with taking care of the extentions:
- Brush your lashes daily.
- Sleep with a silk pillowcase.
- Avoid using mascara or eyeliner that has not been approved for use with extensions.
- Avoid using a lash curler on the eyelash extensions.
- Do not wipe away the eyelash extensions.
7 Examples of Micellar Water for Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
The micellar water for cleaning eyelash extensions will be oil free. Too much strong micellar water can damage your eyelash extensions.
Garnier micellar cleansing water is an excellent choice for cleaning eyelash extensions. It is an affordable and easily available micellar water option. As its pH level is comparatively high, it doesn’t burn the eyes. It is safe to use on eyelash extensions and very gentle even on sensitive skin.
This micellar water is specially formulated for oily, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. The product is free from oil. You do not need to rinse it after use. So, it would be a great product to clean your eyelash extensions.
A very popular micellar water that is used by celebrities. It is also an affordable micellar water option. The micellar water is oil-free and designed to be used on sensitive skin also. It contains no scent and can help you to get rid of every trace of dirt and impurities from the eyelash extensions.
This is a fragrance-free mild cleanser that gently removes eye makeup. Other than that, it moisturizes the eyelash extensions too. You would not need to wipe it away and it can be used for any skin type. So, if you clean your eyelash extensions frequently, this can be a suitable micellar water for you.
This micellar water is specially formulated for soft fragile skin. It doesn’t contain harsh ingredients like alcohol, oil, and parabens. The cleansing gel is a good option that doesn’t irritate the eye. You do not need to wipe or wash this fragrance-free product after use.
The micellar water with the fragrance of rose can remove eye makeup easily from eyelash extensions. You can use the fancy cleanser if you like the fragrance. It is specially formulated for sensitive skin. Although it has relatively stronger chemicals to wipe away waterproof makeup, it is still safe to use.
With its simple yet healthy ingredients, this micellar water is mild and efficient as well. It is free of harsh chemicals, synthetic colors, and scents. If you have sensitive skin, it will perfectly clean your eyelash extensions.
✨ You May like: How Expensive Is Seint Makeup?
Alternatives to Micellar Water for Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
You can use the following alternatives to micellar water for cleaning eyelash extensions.
- Lash Cleanser: Lash cleanser is used to clean eyelash extensions. They can help you to get rid of oils, dirt, and makeup residue as an alternative to micellar water without causing any damage to eyelash extensions or the lash adhesive. But use a mild cleanser and avoid harsh or oil-based lash cleansers.
- Mild Cleanser: A mild cleanser is oil-free. It won’t cause any irritation. So, like micellar water, it is a good option to use for cleaning eyelash extensions. The oi-free alternative can help you get rid of eye makeup in a safe way and cause no sensitivity.
- Baby Shampoo: It is one of the most budget-friendly alternatives for cleaning eyelash extensions. The shampoo is pH balanced and mild to use which does not irritate. Like micellar water, it won’t remove the eyelashes from their natural oils.
- Oil and Soap: For cleaning eyelash extensions, try coconut oil, and castile soap as alternatives to micellar water. Oil is great for remove as well, even baby oil works fine to remove the eyelashe extention effectively. Coconut oil is all-natural, simple to use, and nourishing and the oil creates a lather. Castile soap is a vegetable-based soap that produces foam when combined with water.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water is best for removing makeup. The product soothes inflamed and sensitive skin. It can help you remove both your face and eye makeup in one step while also cleaning your skin.
Yes, you should wash your eyelash extensions daily. Clean it twice a day if you wear eye makeup or have oily skin or eyelids. Your eyes are shielded from dirt, dust, grime, etc. by your natural eyelashes. The goal of the lashes is the same when using extensions.
Skin-friendly Garnier micellar cleansing water with vitamin C can be used to remove both eye and face makeup. The mild cleanser is free of fragrance, alcohol, and oil and it is vegan.
All skin types should consider micellar water because it is delicate on the skin and doesn’t remove a lot of oil. It’s fantastic if you have neutral skin or dry skin. Again, it’s beneficial for people with rosacea, atopic dermatitis, or allergic contact dermatitis.
Harmful ingredients like alcohol, perfumes, and preservatives can be found in micellar water. It is said that it doesn’t remove dirt and grime from your skin, only moves it about. It fails to ensure a complete cleaning process.
Cleaning your eyelash extensions is important. There are lots of products out there, but using micellar water is a great choice to keep your extensions in perfect maintenance. Just make sure you pick the right formula and follow the instructions according to your skin conditions and sensetivity.
If your skin is on the sensitive side, go for a micellar water that’s made for sensitive skin. Usually a water-based one, won’t mess with your lashes or the adhesive that holds them in place. So no damage will be done. Steer clear of the oil-infused micellar waters, though, because they can mess up that adhesive and ruin the whole extension setup.
Well, to conclude this discussion, if you want your eyelash extentions to last long the you must clean them with micellar water. If you’re not a fan of it, or want to try some better alternative that would give you exact results then you can use alternatives like lash cleanser, mild cleanser, baby shampoo, coconut oil, or castile soap to clean your eyelash extensions and keep them dirt, oil, and makeup-free.
- Micellar water has key ingredients, such as micelles, surfactants, and purified water.
- It is safe to use water-based micellar water for cleaning eyelash extensions.
- You must select the micellar water with the right formula and use it in the proper way considering your skin type. For sensitive skin, use micellar water which is specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- A magnetic layer is created through the cleaning agent in micellar water which helps to remove any kind of dirt, or oil from your extensions.
- You will need micellar water, a cleansing brush, a lash brush, a mascara wand, clean water, and a towel to go with the step-by-step procedure to clean your eyelash extensions with micellar water.
- Garnier micellar cleansing water is affordable, and easily available micellar water option which makes it an excellent choice for cleaning eyelash extensions.
✨ Next Attraction: Does Seint Makeup Cause Breakouts?