Mani-Pedi is a mixture of manicures and pedicures done by professionals. It is a beauty treatment. Any time you want to treat yourself and at the same time relax, you can get your Mani-Pedi done. It not only makes your fingernails appealing but also makes your nails clean and exfoliated.
For our new cells’ growth, we need manicures and pedicures. It is also the process of removing dead skin cells. You can treat your back pain and remove calluses from your foot. It is a great way of improving your features and providing hygiene. Regular mani-pedis can make your nails healthy, moisturized, and soft. After a long day of work, you can simply lessen your stress level by doing self-care. Perfectly done mani-pedi nails can make you appear more sophisticated and put together.
- Mani-pedi provides a deep clean for your nails keeping them in shape and healthy.
- There are many types of mani-pedi, each needing having their own timeframe that determines how long it takes to do.
- An alternative manicure ideas are acrylic overlays. You can enjoy long nails by applying acrylic overlays.
- In order to maintain the mani-pedi for a longer time, there are certain things you have to do or avoid.
Purposes of Mani-Pedi
Manicure is a treatment that is done on the hands and fingernails, on the other hand pedicure is done on the feet and toenails. It ensures a deep clean of your nails and body parts and keeps them clean and appealing. Mani Pedi involves scrubbing, moisturizing, and massaging nails by cutting, clipping, and polishing the nails.
Mani-pedi improves your self-esteem and makes you appear more confident. Along with getting your nails done, you can also get a massage so it treats any back or hip pain. It is also a great way to figure out early signs of diseases, reducing the chances of fungi and other infections attacking.
Mani-Pedi: Types & Timeframes
Mani-pedi basically takes less than an hour, it could be between 30 and 60 minutes. It depends on various factors. If you are doing mani-pedi at a nail salon, it may take you less than an hour or a long time because of the crowd. It depends on the person who is giving your mani-pedi and their experience. Some take longer while other types of mani-pedis take a shorter time.
- Basic Mani-Pedi
Basic Mani Pedi takes 30 minutes. The treatment for basic Mani Pedi can vary from each nail salon. It can last up to seven days. A basic mani-pedi helps to retrieve your nails and hydrate them. The common treatments are:
- Soothing cuticles by soaking your feet and hands.
- Foot scrubbing with a pumice stone or foot file.
- Nails are cleaned, clipped and filled.
- Nail shaping.
- Polishing nails with the color of your choice.
- Massaging Leg with moisturizer.
- French Mani-Pedi
French mani-pedi may look elegant but it is very easy to do. It is a popular mani pedi which takes 45 minutes. It can last up to seven days. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Soaking, scrubbing the nails.
- Apply base coat from the cuticle to the tip. Angle the polish brush forward to apply a base coat.
- Let it dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put your hand on a flat surface and apply a white strip at the tip of your nails.
- Follow the natural crescent shape at the tip of your nails.
- Let the white strip dry for 2 minutes.
- Apply sheer pink polish as the base coat.
- Apply a top coat.
- Massaging calf and legs.
- Gel Mani-Pedi
Gel mani-pedis are done with gel nail polish. This type usually takes 45 minutes to an hour, lasting up to two to three weeks. You can put your nails’ health at risk if you peel or lift the gel polish without professional help or the proper way. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Clean and clip the nails.
- File the nails as you desire.
- Prepping the nails by cleaning the cuticle area and side walls.
- Exfoliate the nails and clean the excess cuticles.
- Put a base coat and cure. It acts as a barrier between your nail plate and gel polish.
- Coat all the nails evenly with gel polish. Keep acetone and cotton balls to remove excess polish from your skin.
- After applying two coats of gel polish on one foot, cure your nails for 45 seconds with the help of UV lights.
- Apply a gel top coat to seal the edges. You can add nail art if you want.
- After curing nails apply cuticle oils on your feet and hands.
- Half Moon Mani-Pedi
The half-moon mani-pedi is known as the reverse French. All you have to do is a basic foundation with a solid top coat. Then you have to do two-layered shades of nail polish. This mani-pedi takes 45 minutes to an hour. It can last up to one to three weeks. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Soaking, scrubbing the nails.
- Soak your feet in warm water. You can add Epsom salt and some essential oils like lavender, rosehip, or grapefruit.
- Dry your feet with a towel and take an exfoliator to scrub your feet.
- Massaging calf and legs.
- After prepping your nails apply the two coats of color you want. It will show as the half-moon near your nail beds.
- Let the first color dry.
- Take a round Band-Aid to make a half-moon shape at the end of your nails.
- Remove stickiness from the Band-Aid so it does not peel off any nail polish.
- Remove the Band-Aid from the rapper and apply it on your nails. The Band-Aid should form a half-moon shape at the base of your nail.
- Apply two coats of other polish at the tip of your nails.
- After half drying the second color, peel off the Band-Aid.
- American Mani Pedi
American mani-pedi is the upgraded version of the French mani-pedi. The nails appear to be more polished and shiny. The color of nails mostly depends on muted colors such as flesh-toned and have more rounded shaped nail tips. In an American mani-pedi the base of the nails can be pink or nude colors and gradually intensify the color at the tip. You can also use red if you want. This takes 45 minutes to an hour. It can last up to two weeks. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Remove your previous nails if you have any.
- Cut the desired length of the nails in a rounded shape.
- Groom the cuticles.
- File the nails and apply a softener all over the nails.
- After spraying the softener wait 1 minute before pushing the cuticles.
- Use a cuticle pusher to push the cuticles back to their position and massage your fingertips to remove any dead skin.
- Apply a clear base coat and let it dry.
- Choose a pink, nude, or beige color to color your nails.
- More neutral colors such as ivory or off-white tip on each nail.
- Let it dry then apply a top coat, you can also do nail art or add rhinestones to make your nails appear more prominent.
- Paraffin Mani-Pedi
Paraffin mani-pedi is an odorless wax treatment that treats your dry and cracked hands and makes them smooth and silky. This wax is mixed with different types of soothing oils such as lavender, tea tree, and aloe vera. This takes about 50 minutes or so, mostly depending on you. You can do one hand at a time and the time for the wax to cool down. It can last up to one to two weeks. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Heat the wax until it is liquefied.
- Wash hands with soaps, rinse, and dry completely.
- Apply lotion to moisturize your hands.
- Check the wax’s temperature and dip one hand up to the wrist and take it out.
- Continue dipping your hand five to seven times.
- Put on plastic gloves and cover your hand with a towel to keep the temperature of the wax.
- Leave the wax for 15 to 20 minutes and then peel it off.
- Then clean, shape, and buff the nails before applying nail polish.
- Avoid washing your hand so put rich lotions on your hand to lock in the extra hydration and softness.
- Spa Mani Pedi
Every once in a while you can treat yourself to a spa. Spa mani-pedi takes time and cost a lot. Salons come with different variations of the treatment with special ingredients. Wraps and masks are often used in this mani-pedi. It usually takes 30 to 60 minutes. The common treatments that you can attempt at home:
- Clip, file, and buff your nails.
- Use a tub or basin to soak your feet, file scrub, and push cuticles.
- Massage your feet and hands.
- Use a nail lacquer and let it dry.
- Use cuticle oil to massage the cuticles.
Alternative Manicure: Acrylic Overlays
Acrylic overlays can be done with acrylic powder and monomer liquid. It is a nail enhancement technique. Acrylic overlays are fake nails that will be glued to your natural nails and overlaid with acrylic to secure and finish. Acrylic nails are a unique way of making your nails strong. The look of your acrylic overlays depends on your choice.
There are various types of overlays such as rectangular, oval, square, or hexagonal. You can have the luxury of long nails without growing out your nails. It also saves your nails from weakening over time. You may have noticed that your long nails often break without any reason. But when you are applying acrylic nails you do not have to worry about it.
Before adding acrylic overlays to your nails you need to clean your nails. If you have any nail polish, remove them using nail polish remover and cut them at a desired length. You need to add a base coat for 2 minutes before applying overlays. Evenly applying a base coat is a very important process as it keeps the overlay set on your nails and reduces the chances of lifting. Then apply one coat of overlay on each of your nails and let them dry. To smoothen the overlays, you can use a file. Apply regular polish over the dry overlays. Remove the overlays using nail polish remover and apply a base coat again on your nails. Let them dry and apply regular polish.
5 Ways to Keep Mani Pedi Last Longer
Professional mani-pedi lasts for one to two weeks but it is painful if you notice cracks on your nails within 24 hours.
- Fresh Bottle
Some nail salons use thinner to extend the life of your nail polish. It is bad for your nails. A fresh bottle of nail polish can your pedicure last longer than using an old bottle.
- Cuticle Oil
Cuticle oils are good for your nails as it protects your skin and prevent your nails from getting chipped. You can apply cuticle oil across your cuticle to keep them healthy. You can also add cuticle oil to your polish twice Touch up
- Touch up the Topcoat
The topcoat wears down after 48 hours of leaving the nail salon. This is the reason retouching the topcoat is really important.
- Wear Gloves
You do not want to ruin your freshly manicured nails with water. If you have to do chores or any work that can damage your nail, wear gloves for safety.
- Avoid Heat
Your nail polish will completely cure after 12 hours. Be careful using saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms.
Getting mani-pedis done is a good way of taking a break from your busy life. It can release stress and treat back pain. The duration of time can defer from one mani-pedi to another. Mani-pedi takes care of your nails and makes them healthy and shiny. Whenever you look beautiful, you feel confident. This is how mani-pedi improves your self-confidence.
You also need to make sure your mani-pedi last longer than usual so that you do not have to visit the salon every day. In this way, you can keep your freshly manicured nails new and clean.