Table of Contents Show
Eyelashes have a unique ability to transform one’s entire appearance. To achieve that perfect look, people always tend to go a little further to get thicker and longer eyelashes. Some might have naturally longer and thicker eyelashes, while others are doing eyelash extensions for that similar look. Whether you have natural eyelashes or extensions, bending eyelashes while sleeping is a very common scenario.
So how to fix bent eyelashes from sleeping? You do not have to be worried yet, since the bent eyelash can be fixed very easily. There are multiple ways you can fix bent eyelashes by applying different techniques. You need to be careful while employing these ways since your eyelashes are pretty delicate and any careless move might damage them. In this article, I will explain how to fix bent eyelashes from sleeping, how you can prevent them from bending, and how to maintain them to have healthy and strong eyelashes.
6 Methods of Fixing Bent Eyelashes From Sleeping
While sleeping, it is very usual to bend our eyelashes due to sleeping in weird directions. However, it is not much of a difficult task to fix bent natural eyelashes. On the other hand, eyelash extensions are a lot trickier to fix. As they are not your natural eyelashes, with regular maintenance, fixing the bent extensions can be a hassle for you. However, with some techniques, you can easily fix the bent eyelashes you’ve got from sleeping whether it is your natural eyelashes or eyelash extensions. For instance:
1. Lash Primer
Using a lash primer can be the most effective way to fix bent eyelashes. The procedure is really simple with this as well. Apply a little bit of lash primer to your eyelashes. Then, take your mascara wand and eyelash brush to gently brush them in a single direction with your preference on how you want your eyelash to look. And voila! You are done.
2. Damp Cloth
It is the easiest option out there which you can easily do at home. You just need a cloth and warm water, that’s it! First, damp the cloth in the warm water and squeeze out the excess water. Then put the cloth above your eyelashes and gently press and hold them for a few minutes. This warm environment can make your lashes soften a little bit and it will be easier for you to make them back to their previous shape. You should avoid rubbing the eyelashes at any cost to keep them strong and healthy.
If you do not have an eyelash primer, you can also use an eyelash curler. The eyelash curlers are pretty available in the market nowadays. You might be using it before applying your mascara as well. Yes! With your regular eyelash curlers, you can easily fix your natural eyelashes. Gently, press the eyelash in your eyes and the shape of your bent eyelashes will change. You can use a heater curler for your lash as well. but I do not recommend that because your eyelashes are much more delicate than your hair. You can potentially damage your natural eyelashes if you are not careful enough.
4. Cotton Bud Or Q-Tips
Normally Q-tips are used in fake lashes to clean the volume of your lashes. Similarly, you can use Q tips in your lashes as well to fix the bending. To fix your eyelash, take two cotton buds or Q-tips and place one above and the other under your bent lashes. Then press the Q-tips in a certain direction and fix the extension according to its original shape. This technique is gentle for keeping your lashes healthy as it has no risk of harming your eyelashes.
5. Lash Lift
A lash lift is an all-natural procedure that can give you semi-permanent results. It will naturally lift your eyelash giving it a thicker and fuller appearance. it will also give some additional length to your lash so that you don’t have to deal with your mascara. Even though people usually go to their beautician to do a lash lift, you can easily buy a lash lift kit and do it yourself at home. It is not very expensive as well. it comes with all the tools and serums required for the process. But you should not do this procedure with your lash extension since it can potentially separate the extended lash from your eyelids.
6. Eyelash Tweezer
Lash tweezers are usually used to put on the volume lashes or lash extensions. Eyelash tweezers are usually used by beauticians but with a little caution, you can use the eyelash tweezer as well to fix the bent lashes. to use a tweezer, you need to heat the tweezer a little bit with a blow dryer. But do not make it too hot, a warm temperature would be good to go. The tip or head of tweezers are pointy which will help you to separate the eyelashes by picking them up one by one. You have to bend it, squeeze a little, and hold it for some moments to make the lashes return to their original shape. You need to do this process for quite a time since they need to be done one after another. After being done, take a spoolie brush and comb your eyelash gently.
Sometimes you cannot fix your bent eyelashes on your own. That is why you can always visit an expert eyelash technician to fix your eyelashes. The technician will understand how bad the condition of your eyelashes is and fix your eyelashes with the proper methods. They can also ensure that your bent lashes do not break off, giving you the safest environment while fixing your eyelashes.
How To Prevent My Eyelash From Bending While Sleeping?
To prevent your eyelashes from further bending later, I have mentioned some considerations. Follow these guidelines to wake up with beautiful non-bent eyelashes:
- Do Not Sleep on Your Stomach: If you are used to sleeping on your stomach, that can potentially lead to a bent eyelash. Practice sleeping on your back even though you might need some time to get accustomed to that. Sleeping on your stomach adds pressure on your eyelash which make them bent. If you can reduce the pillow contact, you can prevent your eyelashes from bending.
- Sleep On a Silk Pillow: No matter how expensive they can get to buy; silk pillow covers are always going to be worth the price. They are best for maintaining good health o your eyes and your hair. They do not cause friction, which can lead to bending and damage to your eyelashes. Silk pillow covers will help to glide your eyelashes even if you are a stomach sleeper. Also, if you have eyelash extensions, a silk pillowcase will help to maintain them for a longer time while a cotton pillowcase can shift the adhesive from the lashes.
- Use An Eyelash Serum: Eyelash serum can help in preventing bent eyelashes. Serums can help with damaged eyelashes and promote healthy growth of your eyelashes. But do not forget to wear a sleeping mask if you use an eyelash serum, otherwise while sleeping the serum will be all over your pillow cover and cause your eyelash to bend again.
Other Factors Responsible For Bent Eyelashes
Apart from the sleeping position, your eyelashes also can bend for several other factors. I have mentioned the responsible factors below so that you can take the necessary precaution for that:
- Giving Extra Pressure to Your Eyelashes: while doing your regular makeup, you might use a curler for applying mascara to your eyelashes. Avoid giving your lashes too much pressure with the curler every day. It can make your eyelash weak and they will be much more prone to breakage and bending. try to avoid heating curlers. They can damage your eyelashes pretty badly. Also, if you apply mascara to your lash line, you need to press that area harshly in order to remove the mascara from that area. This also can make your eyelash bent.
- Exposure To Sun: Sun exposure or UV rays are harmful to our skin and hair at every single level. The only good sun exposure that brings in our body is vitamin D. UV rays make our eyelashes pretty sensitive. And if you have eyelash extensions, it can reduce the stickiness of the lashes and make them bend and fall out easily.
- Poor Hygiene: If you are not one who maintains healthy hygiene, then the bad news for you is poor hygiene can also make your eyelash bend. Specially if you have lash extensions, you need to take care of your eyelashes every single day with proper cleaning, hydrating, brushing, etc. but if you do not take proper care, the eyelash will lose their adhesion faster and start to become bend.
How To Maintain My Eyelashes?
Taking care of your eyelashes regularly and keeping them healthy can help your eyelash from bending in the long run. In order to maintain your eyelashes, you need to follow some guidelines. Such as:
- Clean Your Eyelashes: Try to wash your eyelashes once in a while. I you have eyelash extensions, be intentional with your eyelash care. Take a little amount of eyelash extension cleanser and apply that to your eyelash. Very gently give a little rub then take your eyelash comb and brush them. Then wash like you regularly wash your face. Then, take a microfiber towel and gently dab on your eyelashes. you can also use a blow drier in the coolest setting to dry your eyelash extension faster. Then hydrate with your favorite serum to keep them healthy and away from bending and you are good to go.
- Use Primer Before Mascara: You need to use primer in your eyelashes before applying mascara. If you are wearing eyelash extensions, the materials can be very distinctive such as synthetic, human hair, fibers, etc. If you apply mascara without wearing a primer, different materials may need more application for applying evenly and different pressure to remove them as well. So, if you wear a primer before applying mascara, the mascara will be distributed properly and it will be much easier to remove from the eyes.
- Be Mindful of Your Makeup: Avoid using waterproof makeup products if you want to keep your eyelashes healthy and strong for a longer time. Waterproof makeup, eyeliner, or mascara can be hard to wash off and you need to give extra pressure when you want to remove the makeup. This can make your eyelashes vulnerable and they will be easily bent. You also need a double cleanser to wash off the makeup as well. If you use an oil-based makeup cleanser and wear an eyelash extension, it will make the extension loose. So, try to use water-based makeup and makeup remover around your eyes for easier removal.
- Detach Clumps of Eyelashes: Before applying the mascara, always brush the eyelash to separate the clumps of eyelashes. It will help to not build up on your lashes. To remove the additional buildup, you can take a toothbrush and brush the excess mascara from the lashes. also, do not forget to use mascara with a higher-quality formula for maintaining your lash health.
If you have longer eyelashes, then you can have naturally curly eyelashes. Although mostly, the shape of your eyelids influences the eyelash shape. Genetics also plays a role in having a curl-up eyelash shape.
You can keep your eyelashes soft and flexible by hydrating them generously. You can use an eyelash serum and apply Vaseline to lock the moisture. It will also help to keep your eyelash free from breaking and bending.
You should not use eyelash curlers more frequently to keep your eyes free from bending and breakage. Try using the eyelash curlers once every 2 weeks to keep your eyelash healthy.
Bending of the eyelashes while sleeping is a normal incident. If you sleep on your stomach, rub your eyes, or use cotton pillow covers, the eyelash can bend. Do not get frustrated or worried yet. With some simple guidelines, you can easily reshape the bent eyelashes. You can use a warm damp cloth, eyelash primer, eyelash curler, Q-tips, lash lift kit, eyelash tweezers, etc. to make your eyelashes return to their original shape. There can be many other reasons why your eyelashes can bend. You just need to take good care of your eyelash to avoid bending and keep them healthy and strong.
- While sleeping, your eyelash can get bent easily if you sleep on your stomach.
- You can make the bend eyelashes return to their original shape if you follow some easy measures.
- Eyelash primer, damp clothes, eyelash curler, Q-tips, lash lift kit, and eyelash tweezers can fix bent eyelashes.
- There are other factors like extra pressure, sun exposure, and poor hygiene that can be responsible to make your eyelash bend.