Table of Contents Show
- Acrylic Paint on Nails
- 4 Ways to Seal Acrylic Paint on Nails
- How Long Does Acrylic Paint Last on Nails with or without Sealing?
- Do’s and Don’ts of Sealing Your Acrylic Nail Paint
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
Nail polish has been going around for so long. People feel the need to put nail polish on their nails to elevate their mood, make them more confident, and reduce tension. To make their nails appear classier they tend to use nail extensions. Acrylic nails are the easiest way to make your nails beautiful and long.
If you ever face nail-biting issues and damaged nails, acrylic nails are the best solution. After applying your favorite nails, you need to keep them fresh and pretty. You must seal the acrylic paint on your nails to protect the nails from chipping or fading.
Acrylic Paint on Nails
If you feel bored with using one color coat for your nails, we have a solution. You can increase the beauty of your nails by using acrylic paint. You can add nail art by using acrylic paint. Acrylic paint is available in a different colors. In this sense, you have a variety of options to choose from. You can mix acrylic paint on a palate before applying it to your nails. Acrylic paint does not dry up quickly as regular nail polish, so you can design your art without worrying about it.
You can achieve perfect nail art by using the right color and process. You can use acrylic paint over your natural nails or press-on. The texture of acrylic paint can stick on different surfaces like plastic and acrylic nails. You can also remove any mistakes from your nails by scratching or using a toothpick. As we know, acrylic paint dries up quickly. When they are dry they tend to lose shine and color. You can lock the pigment and shine by sealing the paint.
4 Ways to Seal Acrylic Paint on Nails
Sealing acrylic paint after applying it to your nails, is the best way to keep your nails fresh and shiny. There are various ways you can seal your acrylic paint. It depends on which surface you are applying acrylic nails.
Sealing Acrylic Paints with Topcoat
Acrylic paint is water-based so you must apply a top coat over your nail art. Otherwise, the nail paint will peel off quickly and ruin your nail art. This top coat will protect your nails from dust and dirt that could cover your nail art and fade it. This is why your nails might look dull and not interesting.
- You must check if your acrylic paint is wet or not.
- After drying your acrylic nail paint, use a first coat of top coat on your nails.
- Your coat must go in the same direction using the width of the brush.
- Leave your first coat for a few seconds to dry.
- Apply the second coat in a different direction than the first coat.
- Again leave your second coat to dry.
Gel Top Coat
You can also use a gel top coat. It is much thicker than a clear gel. You can use a gel top coat over your regular nail polish but we recommend you use a regular top coat.
- Make sure your nails are free of dust. Otherwise, it will damage your acrylic nail art.
- Apply sealer on one hand and cure them for 60 sec using LED.
- You can also cure them using UV for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now apply sealer on the opposite hand and cure them using the same process.
Sealing Acrylic Paints with Clear Nail polish
You can apply clear nail polish to seal your acrylic nail paints. It creates a protective layer so that your nail art does not smudge. Clear nail polish and top coat may look similar but they are different from each other.
- Make sure your acrylic nail paint is dry.
- Shake your clear nail polish bottle before using it.
- When painting over your acrylic nail paint apply a thin coat.
- Make sure to apply the polish to the tip and edge of your nails.
- Wait for the first coat to dry.
- Apply a second coat and wait for it to dry.
Fast Drying Top Coat Spray
You can use fast-drying top coat spray if you do not want to use a top coat or you do not have it at home. It dries your nails quickly as well as gives your nail polish a beautiful shine.
- Apply two coats of your nail polish.
- Wait for your nail polish to dry.
- Hold the spray about 8 to 10 inches away from your nails.
- If you apply the spray too close, it might cause little air bubbles on your nails.
- Leave it for one minute.
You can also apply hairspray to seal your nail polish. Keep in mind that the chemicals in hairspray can make your acrylic paint look runny and gloopy. You should choose a professional sealant to seal the acrylic paint on your nails. But if you do not have them at home, to speed up your sealing process you can use hairspray.
- Apply two coats of your favorite nail polish.
- Leave your nail polish to dry.
- Apply a clear coat and wait for it to dry.
- Hold the hairspray about 8 to 10 inches away from your nails.
- If you apply hairspray too close, it might cause little air bubbles on your nails.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Wash your hands with soaps to get rid of sticky hairspray.
Using Glue and Water
If you do not have any nail polish sealant at home. You can be productive and make your own acrylic sealer. Here are the ingredients you need to create a homemade sealant:
- Lukewarm water
- Clear glue
Here is the process of making a homemade sealant:
- Take a bowl and mix 3 parts of clear glue with 1 part of lukewarm water.
- If you do not have clear glue you can use white school glue but keep in mind that it may give a hazy finish.
- To have your desired consistency, mix them with a small quantity of water.
- By using a funnel, pour the mixture into an old but clean nail polish bottle or you can buy a nail polish bottle.
- Avoid filling the mixture to the brim, it might spill out if you put the brush in.
- Store the bottle in a cold space and make sure you tightly screw the cap.
Using Glue and Sanitizer
You can make a sealer using glue and sanitizer. You can be productive and make your own acrylic sealer. Here are the ingredients you need to create a homemade sealant:
- 1 tsp. of school glue or clear glue
- 1 tsp. of hand sanitizer
Here is the process of making a homemade sealant:
- Pour 1 tsp. of clear glue or school glue in a bowl or a clean nail polish bottle. Keep in mind that using school glue can cause a hazy finish on your nails.
- To thin out your glue you should pour 1 tsp. of hand sanitizer in the bowl.
- Shake your clear nail bottle or stir the bowl using a spoon to mix the ingredients.
- When you will notice an even consistency of your mixture, you can apply it to your nails.
✨ You May like: I Got My Nails Done and They Are Too Long
How Long Does Acrylic Paint Last on Nails with or without Sealing?
Acrylic paint is used to make your nails pretty and classy. You can choose from different shades to various colors to make acrylic nail art. You can follow any tutorial or be creative with your design. People are becoming more invested in acrylic paint art than in doing boring regular acrylic nails.
Acrylic takes 20 to 30 minutes to dry. But if your coat is thicker it would take one to two hours to completely dry. If you do not seal your acrylic nail paint, your nail paint will not last for more than one week. This can cause lift and peel of your acrylic nail paint.
If you seal your acrylic nail paint properly, your nail paint can last for 2 to 3 weeks. You can extend its longevity by taking proper care of your nails. You need to protect your nail art so that it does not fade away over time. It is one of the necessary steps to keep your nail art fresh and amazing. Now you can understand the importance of sealing your acrylic nail paint.
Do’s and Don’ts of Sealing Your Acrylic Nail Paint
Before applying a top coat to seal your acrylic nail art you need to follow some rules so that you have a long-lasting and clean finish.
- Make sure your acrylic nail paint design is completely dry by lightly pressing your fingers.
- Take a good amount of sealer on the applicator but not too much.
- Glide your sealer over your acrylic nail art.
- You can add a second coat to apply the sealer evenly over your nails.
- Do not apply your sealer when your acrylic nail paint is wet.
- Do not go over the same spot twice while applying your sealer, it might smudge the acrylic paint.
- If you are applying a matte sealer over a glossy one, make sure you do not miss any spots or it will be visible.
- Using different directions while applying a sealer.
Acrylic nails normally last for two to three weeks. The reason acrylic nails last so long is the touchup between the bottom of the nails and the cuticle.
You only need two coats of acrylic sealer on your nails. Applying more than two coats can cause an inconsistent finish.
If you are using non-toxic acrylic paint on your nails, it will be safe for your nails. The safety of your nails deeply depends on the chemicals that have used in acrylic paint.
Acrylic paint is the easiest and simple way to achieve amazing nail paint. Acrylic paint can mix your desired color accurately. If you are going for a gradient nail color, you may need more than three coats to bring the color. But for acrylic nail paint, you will only need one coat to achieve a vibrant finish.
Sealing your acrylic nail paint can reduce the chances of smudging your acrylic nail paint. It also keeps the richness of your nail colors intact. If you are worried about how you will have long-lasting acrylic nail art, you need to follow our 4 ways to keep your acrylic nail paint fresh.
- Acrylic nail paint is the most simple of creating beautiful nail art.
- Topcoat is a must when sealing your acrylic paint on nails.
- If you do not have any topcoats nearby you can follow our DIY sealant to solve your issue.
✨ Next Attraction: Is Acrylic Overlay Bad for Your Nails?