Table of Contents Show
- How to Tell If a Foundation Is Water-Based or Not?
- Ingredients Explained
- Characteristics of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Pros and Cons of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
The foundation is one of the most significant makeup items. People nowadays are very conscious about their beauty and skincare. They use different makeup items such as concealer, primer, blush, highlighter, bronzer, and so on. The foundation helps to create the base of makeup. That’s why, choosing a foundation is very important. One should choose their foundations carefully based on their skin type. Depending on this, their makeup may vary. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is long-lasting and can provide medium to full coverage.
So, Is Estee Lauder Double Wear Water-Based? Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation contains water but this does not mean that this is water-based. Besides water, it also contains other ingredients such as Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, etc. So, this foundation is not entirely water-based. Rather, it is made using a combined formula. The silicon-based ingredients in the formula help to create a smooth and even finish on the skin. The water-based ingredients, on the other hand, provide hydration to the skin.
How to Tell If a Foundation Is Water-Based or Not?
A water-based foundation means a foundation that has water as its main ingredient. This foundation creates a lightweight and natural finish with watery formula. A combination of water. Glycerin and other hydrating ingredients are used in water-based foundations. This type of foundation is very easy to blend and gives a natural finish. Some water-based foundations also contain silicon or other ingredients. There are some ways to know about the foundation type-
1. Check the Product Description:
For knowing if your foundation is silicone, water, or oil-based, you must see the product description of that particular foundation. You may not see the label on the silicone-based foundation but in the water-based foundation, there might be a label written ‘Water-based foundation’. This is one of the ways to know about the base of your foundation. Moreover, you may see foundations labeled as ‘silicone-free’. This means your foundation is water-based but may contain some oils and have some effects of silicone without using them. So, you must make sure that a foundation is labeled as silicon-free or oil-free to know if it is a water-based foundation.
2. Check the Ingredients List:
The first five or ten ingredients are indicators of a foundation’s base. If you see many of the ingredients contain silicone such as Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, the foundation is silicone-based. Water is the common ingredient of most of the foundation. But, this does not mean that the foundation is water-based. Water will always be there as a main ingredient. But to ensure a foundation type, you must see the other main ingredients too.
3. Check the Texture:
Checking the texture of a foundation is also important to know about the foundation’s base. Water-based foundations are mostly thinner and more liquid. It gives a lightweight feel and a natural finish to the skin. So, the texture and consistency can also give you an idea about the base of a foundation.
The ingredients list of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is very important to know about its base. The ingredients list of this foundation is as follows-
- Water: Water is the most common ingredient of all skincare items. Water is very important to build up this foundation. Water can be considered a solvent for other ingredients.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: A Cyclic structured silicone is also used here which is water thin and this doesn’t rest over the skin but gives the skin a smooth feel. It also provides a breathable protective barrier on the skin without a tacky feel.
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate: This is a solid silicone resin that helps to make the makeup long-lasting and can increase the water resistance of sunscreens. It also gives a non-tacky feel to the skin.
- 18 Dimethicone: 18 Dimethicone is a silicone emulsifier that helps to create water. It provides a protective barrier with a long-lasting formula.
- Butylene Glycol: Butylene Glycol is a syrupy liquid that works as a multi-tasking ingredient for any skincare product. This mainly works as a solvent for other ingredients. This can also help the product to penetrate and absorb into the skin nicely.
- Tribehenin: This is a thickening and gelling agent that helps to improve the texture of the product. It improves heat stability and works as a protective barrier on the skin.
- Magnesium Sulfate: This is a controlling agent that can absorb excess oil from the skin It can work well on people with oily skin. Besides this, Magnesium Sulfate can reduce the appearance of pores and can create smooth and finished skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This is the most commonly used Vitamin E that is used in skincare products. This is very stable and recommended by many dermatologists.
- Polymethylsilsesquioxane: This is a powder that helps to enhance the texture and it is a soft focus agent. It gives a softness like silicon to any product which helps the product to have a soft finish.
- Methicone: Methicone contains nice emollient properties that help the product spread over the face. It helps to make the product water-resistant and spreadable. It is one of the most useful ingredients used in sunscreens and other makeup products.
- Alumina: It is a white and powdery substance that is derived from aluminum oxide. It helps to create a smooth and even finish on the skin. Alumina also has the oil-absorbing capability. It can help to absorb excess oils and swat which helps to keep the skin fresh.
- Iron Oxides: Iron Oxides are a mixture of Iron II and Iron III oxide. This is a pigment that helps to control the darkness of the foundation. It helps to give you a natural-looking flesh tone.
- Mica: Mica is added to the foundation to give it a smooth, silky texture and to help it adhere to the skin. Mica is a translucent powder that helps to create a glowing effect on the skin. Mica also helps to absorb oil and moisture in the skin.
- Titanium Dioxide: This is one of the ingredients that work against UV rays. It helps to protect the skin from sun damage and premature aging. Titanium dioxide can also brighten and improve the skin tone.
Characteristics of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Estee Lauder Double wear foundation gives a flawless, natural, and matte finish. The characteristics of Estee Lauder Double wear foundation are as follows-
1. Double-wear Formula
This foundation is famous for its double-wear formula. It offers lighter and more natural coverage on the skin and can last for 24 hours.
2. Different Shades
Estee Lauder’s double-wear foundation offers a range of foundations for all skin types. It has more than 60 shades available. Everyone can choose their foundation shades from this brand.
3. Different Matches
Each color of the Estee Lauder Double wear foundation has an undertone. For example- C for Cool. N for Neutral, W for warm. For this, you need to know your skin’s undertone. If your skin has a pink tone and can burn easily, that is a cool undertone. If your skin has an olive tone and gets tan when exposed to the sun, you may have a warm undertone. If your skin is not pink or golden and you have even-toned skin, then choose a foundation of neutral skin tone.
4. Staying Power
Estee Lauder double-wear foundation lasts all day and night. Because of its oil-free formula and matte finish, it is water-resistant and can absorb sweat, heat, or other. It can stay on the skin for 24 hours.
The packaging of Estee Lauder Foundation is done in a small, rectangular glass bottle that looks very luxurious. Overall. The packaging is good but the packaging is a bit heavy. So, you may not always carry it to touch up your makeup.
6. Full Coverage
Estee Lauder’s double-wear foundation can give medium to full coverage. It gives a perfect finish by improving uneven skin tone. This foundation has a lightweight formula that makes it comfortable for the skin. It can cover all blemishes and even the skin tone.
7. Texture & Consistency
Este lauder foundation has a silky-smooth texture. Because of its texture and consistency, it is very easy to apply with fingertips, beauty blender, or foundation brush. Start applying from the center of your face and then blend on the other sides.
Estee Lauder Foundation can also be used as a concealer. You can take a very small amount and can blend it easily which can work as a concealer.
9. Matte Finish
Estee Lauder Double wear foundation provides a matte and shiny finish. It contains elements that help the skin from sun damage as it contains SPF 10 which helps against UV rays.
✨ You May like: What Color Nails Go With Emerald Green Dress?
Pros and Cons of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
There are some pros and cons of the Estee Lauder double-wear foundation. The pros and cons of this foundation are given below:
- Estee Lauder Foundation provides buildable coverage which means it can give medium to full coverage.
- It is long-lasting. It can stay 24 hours if applied and maintained properly.
- It is sweat and waterproof. It can stay on your face and can absorb sweat and excess oil to give a matte finish.
- Because of its excellent coverage, it doesn’t need concealer. It can remove fine lines and blemishes and can give good coverage.
- Estee Lauder double wear foundation uses a lightweight formula. As a result, you may feel very comfortable wearing this.
- The foundation gives a matte finish and It doesn’t become cakey nor cause breakouts on the skin.
- It contains SPF which makes it more perfect because it protects from sun damage and UV rays.
- It is not a cheap foundation but it has a medium range of prices that can be affordable by people who are fond of foundations and makeup.
- The packaging looks exclusive but it is not that much convenient. It may not be carried always to touch up your makeup.
- As it comes in a glass bottle with no pump, this can be difficult to control how much product you use at a time.
- If you don’t keep Estee Lauder double-wear foundation hydrated, it may dry up your skin.
- This foundation may not be suitable for dry skin. It may cause dry patches and make your skin dehydrated.
If you are looking for a similar foundation to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, you may go for the Etude Double Lasting foundation. This is more affordable and contains higher SPF. This also provides the same finish as Estee Lauder Double wear foundation.
This foundation gives the skin a lightweight and natural finish. This is designed for oily or combination skin and may not be the best choice for mature skin.
Foundations containing oil-free formulas are good for oily, sensitive, or acne-prone skin. If you have dry skin, you may go for silicone-based foundations. Water-based foundations work well on oily skin.
Finding your foundation shade can be a bit challenging. Taking a good look at the veins of your wrist under natural light can be an easy way to determine your undertone. If they appear blue or purple, you have a cool undertone. On the other hand, if they appear green, you have a warm undertone.
Estee Lauder Double wear foundation is a popular foundation that provides full coverage and a matte finish. This foundation has a wide range of shades that makes it suitable for different skin tones. The ingredients list shows that Estee Lauder’s double-wear foundation is not entirely water-based. It contains water but it also contains other ingredients. So, there are no exact answers to the Estee Lauder Foundation’s formula or base. The combination of oil-free and water-proof formula makes it an excellent choice for people with all types of skin. Though it is suitable for most skin types, you should choose the best foundation carefully that does not cause any problems to your skin. Above all, Estee Lauder Foundation is an iconic foundation that provides a flawless finish with a natural finish.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear is a long-lasting and matte foundation that can provide medium to full coverage.
- There are some ways to know the type of foundation which includes the ingredients list, texture, and consistency, reaction with the skin.
- This foundation is neither water-based nor silicone-based. Rather, this has used a combined formula.
- Water-based ingredients provide hydration to the skin while silicon-based formula makes it water and sweat resistant.
- The formulas used in Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation make it a good choice for people with all skin types.
✨ Next Attraction: Best Korean Gel Nail Polish