Table of Contents Show
No one has perfect skin. Everyone has pimples, acne, scars, or circles on their skin. Makeup products help cover up all those problems and give you a perfect, beautiful look. In the search for the best makeup brands, there are many makeup brands that you may find. Among all of the brands, Shein makeup is also very popular. Shein makeup products have gained a lot of popularity in a short time. If you are a beginner in makeup products and also a regular on TikTok, then you may see videos of Shein makeup. Makeup influencers love to use Shein makeup products to get glowing skin.
But before using this makeup brand, it’s important to see if it’s safe or not. But before using any new brand products on their skin, they wonder if the brand is safe for their skin. Using Shein makeup is considered safe for their skin, but there are conflicts about it. In this article, I will discuss the ingredients of Shein makeup, whether Shein makeup is safe to use, the pros and cons of Shein makeup, and how to apply Shein makeup properly.
The Common Ingredients of Shein Makeup
While a cosmetic company has many different types of makeup that they make with different ingredients, here are some of the main makeup ingredients that Shein or SheGlam Makeup uses in their products
- Aqua: Aqua is a safe ingredient for our skin. It can be used daily on the skin, including with emollients, humectants, and occlusive. It will also help you with your regular skincare routine.
- Phenyl Trimethicone: This is a silicone that works as a hydration-sealing function, conditions your skin, and helps you regain the smooth texture of your skin. Phenyl Trimethicone helps you by giving you a drier finish than any other silicone ingredient and locking in the hydration of your skin with a higher viscosity.
- Butylene Glycol: Butylene Glycol is a moisturizing agent. That helps soften your skin by moisturizing it. It also works as an emollient by coating your skin’s surface and creating a protective barrier that helps your skin prevent any kind of water loss.
- Dimethicone: This is also a moisturizing ingredient that provides long-lasting, smooth skin for all types. It is best to use it on sensitive skin to heal and soothe the affected areas and prevent skin dryness.
- Silica: Silica is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps soothe our skin. This acts as a glue, goes to your connective tissue, and increases their flexibility and strength.
- Polyglyceryl-3: This is a common skincare ingredient that we can find in many skincare and makeup products. This ingredient works as an emulsifier, emollient, and surfactant. That makes your skin smooth and also helps in blending ingredients on the skin properly without any white surface.
- Disteardimonium Hectorite: This works as a thickening agent in products to prevent their runniness. So, the disteardimonium hectorite works as a viscosity controller.
- Triethoxycaprylylsilane: It is a clear-looking yellow liquid that is used in skincare and makeup products. It works as a binder, a skin conditioning agent, and lastly, as a surface modifier.
- Phenoxyethanol: This is a preservative agent that is used to prevent the formation of bacteria, yeast, and mold.
- Tribehenin: Tribehenin is a conditioning agent. It’s also known as a glyceryl triester, which comes from glycerin and fatty acids. This glyceryl triester provides emollient and occlusive properties and conditions your skin.
- Tocopherol Acetate: It is known as one kind of vitamin E. Tocopherol acetate is significantly used as an antioxidant for your skin, with many beneficial effects. It also protects the skin from environmental change and pollution and prevents premature aging.
- Ethylhexyglycerin: Ethylhexyglycerin is also a preservative ingredient for skincare or makeup products and also works as a humectant and emollient for your skin. It increases the anti-microbial performance of the product ingredients and protects them from spoiling.
- Sodium Chloride: Sodium chloride is commonly a binding or thickening acid that makes the solution of the product thick on your skin.
- Disodium EDTA: This is basically a preservative for skincare and makeup products that keeps the PH, texture, odor, and consistency balanced for a very long time.
- Allantoin: Allantoin is a moisturizing agent that helps treat your dry, scaly, rough, irritated, and itchy skin and keeps it moisturized.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This is a moisture-promoting agent that promotes your skin’s moisture and is suitable for all types of skin. It helps remove acne-prone wrinkles from your skin and improves your skin texture.
- Titanium Dioxide: Titanium Dioxide is a skin protector that protects your skin from dangerous UVA and UVB rays. It is the most beneficial ingredient in any skincare makeup product because the UVA and UVB rays can harm your skin very badly, and you can get skin cancer.
- Aluminum Hydroxide: Aluminum hydroxide works as an opacifying agent in products for coloring and makes them absorbent.
- Iron Oxides: Iron oxides help give products a perfect shape and protect skin from any visible harmful light.
Note: In Shein makeup, there will be many other ingredients depending on the extract. So, when choosing Shein makeup, be sincere and choose products that are safe and suitable for your skin.
Is Shein Makeup Safe to Use: The Truth
After a close look and knowing the details about the common ingredients in Shein makeup, anyone can easily say that it has no side effects. So, it can be said that Shein makeup is safe to use, depending on its safe ingredients. The common ingredients in Shein makeup are really helpful for our skin. The ingredients of Shein makeup help in moisturizing our skin, giving it a smooth surface, and protecting it from damage by protecting any harmful elements. You can use them for any skin type, and they also contain many preservative ingredients that keep the longevity of the products for a long time. But if your skin is excessively sensitive, then first learn about the ingredients you can use and choose makeup products for your skin by following that. It will be the best idea to choose makeup products that are safe for your skin.
The Pros and Cons of Using Shein Makeup
Using Shein makeup on the skin is considered safe. But still, you may be affected by using Shein makeup for some reasons. So, before getting affected, you have to know about the pros and cons of using sheen makeup.
The Pros of Using Shein Makeup
- Non-Comedogenic: Shein makeup is known for its non-comedogenic activities. You may be wondering how this is possible given that some of their products contain silicone. Yes, Shein makeup contains silicone in their makeup products, but in a balanced amount that is not going to harm your skin. The silicone amount also does not block the clothes of your skin and keeps the skin breathable with a smooth finish.
- Affordable Prices: Shein’s makeup workflows are similar to other makeup brands, but their price is not that high if you match the price with them. It comes at a very affordable price. From students to old people, everyone can afford them because of their affordable prices.
- Variety: Shein makeup brands have a large number of various products in their collection, from colorful to nude. You can find any type of product that you are searching for in Shein makeup.
The Cons of Using Shein Makeup
- Breakouts: After using Shein makeup on your skin, you may have acne on your skin. It can happen if you are not sincere when you choose a product without seeing the ingredients of that product, depending on your skin type. Using the wrong ingredients in a product can block the clothes, make the skin unbreathable, and create acne in those areas. It can also happen if you don’t clean that product off your skin correctly. So, to avoid getting pimples after using Shein makeup, one must be sincere about choosing the correct ingredients.
- Inconsistent Product: The problem with Shein makeup is that they make inconsistent products; either they work or they don’t! Depending on the reviews, if we talk about Shein makeup consistency, we can find reviews that will help you make sure that those products are really shimmery and non-powdery, while you may also find some products that are powdery and non-shimmery. So, basically, it depends on the quality of the ingredients. If the ingredients of Shein makeup products are not good enough, then you may get inconsistent products for yourself.
- Hard to Blend and Patchy Makeup: Using Shein makeup products may sometimes give you a patchy finish or unbending look. Because the ingredients you have chosen to apply to your skin are not suitable. Besides choosing the ingredients, you also have to choose which type of makeup base is suitable for your skin. You can find them in three bases: cream, water, and silicone. Among these 3, choose the perfect one to perfectly blend on your skin and prevent the patchy look.
✨ You May like: How to Set Concealer Without Powder?
How to Apply Shein Makeup Properly?
In the Shein makeup product application process, I am only discussing basic makeup. Based on your natural-looking or gorgeous makeup look, you can tone them up. But before applying Shein makeup products to your skin, always remember to choose suitable products for your skin.
- Clean Your Face: First, clean your face with a good-quality face wash to remove all the oils and dirt from your face.
- Dry Your Face: With the help of a soft towel, pat your face to dry it out.
- Apply Moisturizer: Apply your regular moisturizer to your face to keep your skin moisturized and prevent dehydration.
- Apply Shein Primer: If you want a glossy makeup look, then applying Shein Primer is a must. Shien primers will help you smooth your skin and prevent you from getting any fine lines or clogged pores after doing your makeup.
- Apply Shein Foundation: After the primer is totally absorbed by your skin, apply Shein Foundation to it. Before applying foundation, make sure that the shade, ingredients, and makeup base are all suitable for your skin.
- Apply Shein Concealer: To cover up your problem areas like fine lines, spots, and wrinkles, apply Shein Concealer on those areas to cover them up and get a youthful, problem-free beauty on your skin.
- Apply Shein Bronzer: Bronzers are basically used to make your skin look extra healthy and glowing. It will tan the applying area and darken your skin without any masking. It will make you look more attractive.
- Apply Shein Makeup Powder: To avoid any kind of shading of your makeup and give your face a matte finish, apply Shein makeup powder to your face.
- Apply Shein Blush: Take a soft blush brush and swipe it into the blush palette. Then swipe the same brush on your face’s apples to give it a pinkish look.
- Apply Shein Highlighter: Highlighter is basically used to give you a glittery look. You have to apply it on your cheekbones, under the blushing areas.
- Apply Shein Eye shadow: Now, take your favorite eye shadow palette from your Shein eyeshadow palette and apply it the way you want to finish your eye makeup look. To make your eye look more attractive, you can darken your eyebrows and apply mascara to your eye.
- Apply Shein Eyelash: After completing the eye look, apply Shein false eyelashes to properly complete your eye look and give your eyes a luxurious beauty.
- Apply Shein Lipstick: Apply the lipstick you have picked to your lips depending on the look you are creating to completely finish your full makeup.
- Apply Shein Setting Spray: The last step to finishing your Shein makeup look is to apply the setting spray to your makeup face to make it set up on your skin properly.
Shein makeup products are not waterproof and are also not products that can be long-wearing. But by using powder blush on them, you may be able to wear them for a long time.
All the products of Shein makeup are not sensitive skin-friendly. To avoid sensitivity reactions, you should carefully examine the ingredients of your product before purchasing or applying it.
Wearable clothes are way more popular than the Shein brand’s makeup products. There are conflicts about using makeup products from Shein, but there are no conflicts about their clothes material or their designs.
No, there is no certification that the Shein brand owns. The safety of using Shein makeup is totally based on personal reviews. So, choosing the Shein brand’s makeup is totally up to you.
After looking at the ingredients, you might feel is makeup from shein safe, but there is one main twist: you have to check all the ingredients of the product that you are using. This is because some of the ingredients may not be suitable for your skin, especially on acne-prone or sensitive skin. So, if you are sensible enough to check the ingredients and properly use them on your skin, then using Shein makeup is going to be totally safe for your skin.
- Choosing the Shein brand’s makeup products is totally up to you because there is no personal proof they own about their product’s safety.
- But by looking at their ingredients, you may choose the safest products based on your skin type to use.
- If you are not sincere about the ingredients of the product you are using from the Shein brand, you may get clogged pores, open pores, acne, and pimples on your skin.
- To keep your skin healthy, always remove makeup products from your skin and apply moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
✨ Next Attraction: How to Clean Magnetic Lashes?