Skincare and makeup items became part and parcel of our daily life. People are using different products including moisturizers, serums, toners, foundations, concealers, primers, and so on. Among the makeup items, concealer is also a very important one. Concealer is needed to cover all those areas that have not yet been covered with foundation. Especially, it is very important for people with spots, blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines, acne, etc. Nars is also a popular concealer that helps to minimize impurities with a natural finish.
So, is Nars concealer water-based? Nars concealer is of different types. It has both water-based and silicone-based formulations. The water-based Nars concealer is very lightweight and it gives a natural and radiant finish to the skin. On the other hand, the silicone-based Nars concealer provides a smooth and even finish on the skin. The ingredient used in this concealer also shows that it contains both water-based and silicone-based formulations for different concealers.
- Concealer: Types
- What Is a Water-Based Concealer?
- Ingredients of Nars Concealer
- Characteristics of Nars Concealer
- 1. Coverage
- 2. Application
- 3. Finish
- 4. Packaging
- 5. Shades
- 6. Creamy Texture
- 7. Long-lasting
- 8. Formulation
- 9. Reduce Wrinkles and Pores
- 10 Comfortable
Concealer is a very significant makeup product that is used to hide the imperfections of the skin including blemishes, dark circles, spots, etc. Concealer is applied on top of your foundation so that it covers all the area of your face that is not covered yet. There are 3 types of foundations water-based, silicone-based, and oil-based. You should choose the best concealer for your skin type. For this, you must focus on the ingredients list followed in descending order.
- Oil-based Concealer: Oil-based concealer means concealers that contain oil as the main ingredient. Oil-based concealers are thicker than water or silicone-based concealers and it gives better coverage than other concealers.
- Water-based Concealer: Water-based concealer refers to a concealer that contains water as the main ingredient. Water-based concealers absorb water and ensure skin hydration. Water-based concealers are lightweight and give a natural finish to our skin.
- Silicone-based Concealer: Silicone is the main ingredient of silicone-based concealers. Silicone-based products have ending terms like ‘cone’, ‘methicone’, or ‘siloxane’. Any product that contains water at the top of the ingredient list doesn’t prove to be water-based. Water is a common and significant ingredient that is found in almost all products.
What Is a Water-Based Concealer?
Water-based concealers are concealers that contain water as the main ingredient. Water-based concealers are becoming popular day by day because of their benefits.
Water-based concealers are lightweight and very comfortable to use. It doesn’t feel cakey and dry on our skin. The weightless formula makes it a good choice for people. Oil-based concealers may lead to breakouts while water-based can give a good result. Water-based concealers can be a good choice for people with acne-prone skin. Though water-based concealers give light coverage they can also provide heavier coverage if anyone wants.
This makes the water-based Nars concealer quite effective in being suitable for all types of skin! There are many shades available as well so you won’t have to worry about your skin tone because Nars has got you covered with their water-based concealers!
Ingredients of Nars Concealer
The ingredients list is a very significant indicator to know about the base of any concealer or foundation. The ingredients of Nars concealer are given below-
- Water: Water is the most common ingredient of all skincare items. Water is very important to build up this concealer. Water can be considered a solvent for other ingredients. The water used in this concealer is purified and deionized so that it can be stable.
- Dimethicone: This is the most common silicone used in any product. It helps to form a protective barrier and makes the skin smooth. This also helps to fill the wrinkles and fine lines.
- Butylene Glycol: This is a multi-tasking liquid that works as a solvent for other ingredients. This ingredient also helps to absorb faster on the skin. So, the penetration process increases because of using this ingredient in this concealer.
- Glycerin: This is one of the most common and effective ingredients which works as a natural moisturizer. Most significantly, glycerin helps to treat severely dry skin.
- PEG-10 Dimethicone: This is known as a silicone emulsifier that helps water and silicone to mix nicely. It is also mixed with plant-oil and silicone-oil mixture.
- Vitis Vinifera and Grape Seed Extract: Seeds extracts are very significant for skincare products. The seed extracts are a source of vitamins C and E. As a result, they work as antioxidants in any product. Besides this, the seed extracts contain UV protection and anti-cancer properties.
- Tocopherol: It protects the skin from UVB rays and provides the skin with vitamin C and vitamin E which makes the skin healthy and shiny.
- Lecithin: It is a very common ingredient used in many skincare products that is known as a multi-tasker. It also contains emollient properties. So, it can help hydrate the skin.
- Silica: This product also uses this ingredient to absorb oil from your skin. It also helps to keep the skin matte. This can be considered a helper ingredient for thickening up any products.
- Aluminum Hydroxide: Aluminum Hydroxide helps the skin to protect from the harmful effect of UV and nasty reactive oxygen species.
- Tin Oxide: This helps to improve the consistency and texture of the product. It gives a matte finish which helps to control the shine of the skin. Tin oxide also helps to reflect light which can make the skin appear more even-toned.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is a preservative used in skincare products to prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. It helps to make the active ingredients effective for a long time. This is a safe and gentle ingredient to use in any product.
- Mica: Mica is added to the concealer to give it a smooth, silky texture and to help it adhere to the skin. Mica is a translucent powder that helps to create a glowing effect on the skin. Mica also helps to absorb oil and moisture in the skin.
- Iron Oxides: Iron Oxides are a mixture of Iron II and Iron III oxide. This is a pigment that helps to control the darkness of the concealer. It helps to give you a natural-looking flesh tone.
Characteristics of Nars Concealer
Nars is a very famous concealer that has so many benefits for the skin. The characteristics of Nars concealer are as follows-
Nars concealer gives medium to full coverage. It helps to hide the blemishes, wrinkles, spots, and other impurities from our skin.
You can apply Nars concealer in a variety of ways. For covering blemishes, you can use this concealer under your foundation. When applying under your eyes, a beauty blender can give you better results.
This concealer dries down to a matte finish which can be great for people with oily skin. This matte finish makes the look soft, shiny, and comfortable.
The packaging of Nars concealer is very luxurious and secure. The packaging makes it easier to carry when traveling for touch-ups or use.
This foundation comes in 16 different shades. As a result, it gets easier for people with different skin tones to choose their preferred type.
6. Creamy Texture
Nars concealer has a creamy texture that makes it easier to blend and apply. The creamy texture of this concealer is suited to almost all skin types.
Nars concealer is designed to be long-lasting on our skin. It can stay on our skin for several; hours without getting cakey or fading.
Nars concealer contains hyaluronic acid and antioxidants that help to nourish and hydrate our skin properly.
9. Reduce Wrinkles and Pores
This concealer contains collagen-boosting peptides and hyaluronic acid. As a result, it reduces and hides the wrinkles and pores of the skin.
The weightless formula of Nars concealer makes it easier to use or touch up your makeup. This ensures the comfort of your skin.
Pros and Cons of Nars Concealer
There are some pros and cons of Nars concealer. They are as follows-
- This concealer provides buildable coverage that helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and red patches.
- It covers the dark circles of the eyes and does not require frequent application.
- Nars concealer has multi-use benefits. It helps to hydrate the skin; at the same time, it provides anti-aging and concealing benefits.
- Nars concealer is suitable and safe for all skin types including sensitive or irritated skin types.
- Nars concealer is long-lasting. For a casual look to any party look, this concealer will work best because it can stay for several hours.
- The antioxidants remaining in Nars concealer help to treat the damage and create a suitable barrier on the skin.
- Nars concealer can be expensive for some people. So, it may not be affordable for all.
- The color shades are very limited. So, people with darker or lighter skin tone may not find their match.
- Nars concealer has a matte finish that can be drying for some skin.
Look for an oil-free and non-comedogenic concealer for oily skin. Choose a concealer that is lightweight and gives natural coverage.
You may use loose powder over the concealer to set the makeup in place. It will also make your skin more even-toned.
Nars concealer provides buildable coverage by blurring the uneven texture of our skin. It can conceal redness, dark spots, undereye circles, breakouts, and all the impurities.
Green shade can work best against pimples. Pimples cause redness on our faces. Green is the opposite color of red which can help hide pimples.
Nars has both water-based and silicone-based formulas. So, it can work well on all types of skin including sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Nars is a multipurpose concealer that brightens and corrects the skin with a natural and radiant finish. It is a buildable, medium-to-full coverage concealer that is designed to hide dark circles, acne spots, blemishes, etc. Nars concealer has both water-based and silicone-based formulas. The silicon-based formula helps to create a smooth and even finish on the skin. This also helps the foundation to adhere to the skin and stay for longer periods of time. The water-based formula, on the other hand, provides hydration to the skin. As Nars concealer can be both silicone-based and water-based, People with all skin types can choose their desired concealer from Nars.
- Concealer helps to reduce the impurities of our skin: It is of three types-oil-based, water-based, and silicone-based.
- Nars concealer has both water-based and silicone-based formulations.
- The ingredients list shows that there are both silicone-type and watery ingredients available.
- The water-based Nars concealer helps to provide hydration on the skin, Silicon-based Nars concealer on the other hand provides smooth and even toned finish on the skin.