Is makeup really that difficult to learn when there are so many beauty gurus sharing their thoughts and ideas on various social media platforms? The makeup itself isn’t that dramatic, but it’s all about practice and figuring out what looks best on you. When we think of a beginner in makeup, we immediately think of teenagers and people who have just begun their own routine.
Well, makeup is not that tough, but there are a lot of casualties related to it. For example, you might fail badly when you get your makeup done the first time perfectly. Even if you start with a small eyeliner, the chances of you failing the first few times are high. However, numerous aspects of makeup application would undoubtedly irritate some people’s eyes.
And this is why a complete guide for makeup is something to look forward to whenever you are going to do one. So how to apply makeup for beginners? To apply makeup for beginners, you might want to start with products that are easy to control and then go with small things that are perfect for the skin.
Instead of applying foundation all over your face, try a skin tint. These would be the easiest things to get right. For beginners, a skin tint would be the perfect base. Now for the eyes, the perfect product would be mascara. They will give some depth to the eyes, and the application process is comparatively easy.
And lastly, for the lips, you might want to go with simple lipstick and chapstick. Dab the lipstick first, then the chapstick. When you want a more elaborate version, then go with blush, bronzer, and eyeliner to complete the makeup for beginners.
Some rules for beginners to follow on makeup
When we said that there are some rules that you have to follow before applying makeup, here we are, including them. Most of these rules are not mentioned anywhere because most people believe that people will learn them through observation. But these are some of the things that will make beginners comfortable with the overall process of makeup. So instead of getting things right at once, they might bring up their own game and then get involved. Well, makeup is ever-evolving, and even the most renowned makeup artists follow different sets of rules, so it’s important that you understand and then proceed toward makeup.
1. Skin prep: well, when you are getting started on the makeup, the first thing you need to do is go through a basic skincare routine; otherwise, the base will not be smooth. And by basic skin care, we mean cleansers, moisturizers, sunscreen, and lip care. Without them, the skin would feel chapped, and the whole makeup would look like makeup.
2. Match your face base to your body: in most cases, when you wear an SPF, there’s a high chance that your skin is darker than the skin on your face. So when you are choosing a foundation, the best way is to match the foundation with your body. And this will make the foundation look natural.
3. Hydrating concealer: one of the well-loved products of makeup is concealers. And for that, you might want to go with a hydrating concealer. Regular full-coverage concealers will sit on the fine lines and emphasize them.
4. Seamless contour: most people love to go on with a very dark contour color. And this would make the skin very dark, and thus the shadow over the face would eventually look unnatural. So you might want to go with one or two shades darker than your foundation for the contour.
5. Blush on high points: The blush should be on the high points of your cheek rather than your cheekbones, as these would make a face look lifted. The blush would be more like the skin than very bright.
6. Cream first and then powder: well, this is another unsaid rule of makeup. First, you have to go over it with a cream product. These would include bronzer, foundation, and blush. Then you dust it with powder. These would make the skin look flawless.
7. Baking: well, when you apply the foundation, the first thing you might want to learn about is baking. Baking and setting are two different things. And baking is only suitable for those skin types that have oily and sweaty skin. Setting with BT powders is perfect for regular skin.
8. Lining the lips: Before you go on with regular lipstick, try and use a lip liner to line those lips. This will make the lipstick last longer and stop the bleeding.
How to Apply Makeup for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide
What does makeup consist of? For us, makeup is about boosting your confidence without overburdening your skin. And that might be why getting good makeup done is so important for so many people. Makeup does consist of a lot of things, but on the other hand, it is very easy as well. You don’t have to pile toputf makeup on to get the perfect results. You can just go in with a good concealer, a good pencil liner, and lipstick, and the makeup will be over. So there are a few steps that you might have to go through before finding what’s best for you. Obtaining all of the makeup components will undoubtedly take more time and effort. But who has so much time to get the art right? So it is better to start small and then expand your horizons.
We’ll include a regular makeup routine here to help you understand how to achieve a flawless look with makeup. Well, we are including almost all of the skin to get a basic makeup routine. But you might want to leave something out if you don’t feel like it.
Step 01: Skincare
Before leaving the house throughout the day, you should consider the sun. Your skin will suffer if you don’t use skin protection against UVA radiation. The skin-care regimen, therefore, varies throughout the day.
Cleanser: As soon as you wake up in the morning, you need to wash your face with a mild cleanser. A mild cleanser will remove perspiration and sebum that accumulate in people’s skin pores during the course of the night. The other skin care products won’t function well if this happens.
Hydration: Be sure to hydrate your face before using any makeup. If you have oily skin, you may omit the cream from your morning routine and replace it with a hydrating toner or serum that will provide you with a minimum of moisture without feeling heavy on the skin.
Sunblock: As it will safeguard the skin barrier, this is the most crucial step in the morning skin care regimen. The stronger the protection you receive from your skin care, the more SPF you should apply. So be sure to always buy sunscreen that offers UVA and UVB protection.
Step 02: Primer
The majority of individuals, though, would contend that skin moisturizers are sufficient. However, when you have pores and different skin textures, there are other things to take into consideration, and a primer is an ideal suggestion in this case. These would calm the skin and get it ready for foundation.
Step 03: Foundation
The most crucial component of any makeup is foundation application, which comes next. All makeup looks start with the foundation, which you can always replace with concealer, tinted moisturizer, or another product. However, most of the time, individuals always apply foundation. The finest beauty videos teach you how to create a look without using hundreds of different items or thousands of different brands.
Step 04: Concealer
Utilizing a concealer is the ideal course of action after foundation. Your dark spots will be concealed with concealers, which will also draw attention to the area beneath your eyes. Concealer also has the added benefit of enhancing certain areas of your skin. Your T-zone, as an illustration. Another approach to obtaining coverage without wearing foundation is by utilizing concealer. And a little product will give you broader coverage. He merely applies a tiny amount of liquid concealer that is one shade lighter than his natural skin tone. And rather than creating a triangle at the eyes, it illuminates the inner and outer corners of the eyes. You may want to check out this simple concealer trick.
Step 05: Bake
If you are unfamiliar with the phrase “bake your face,” you are seriously falling behind on current makeup trends. With baking, you can keep your makeup on for a very long period without having an oily face. The cream products are set with powders, which prevent the face from becoming glossy. So the baking process started. You may bake your skin to obtain a perfect base and prevent makeup from slipping. One of the most contentious topics in the beauty business is baking since most makeup artists view baking as an extremely labor-intensive and unnatural approach to applying makeup. Others recommend gentle baking to prolong the wear of makeup.
Step 06: Bronzer
You might use bronzer to make your face appear warmer. To avoid errors, most individuals merely apply fast bronzer instead of contouring. If you have a really pale complexion, bronzer is highly popular and will simply raise your face. Bronzer is often applied to areas of the body where the sun will shine and cast a shadow, primarily on the cheek hollows.
Step 07: Blush
If you’re at the next stage of your makeup, we suggest applying some blush to brighten the mood. There is a very important thing you can do to lift your mood. Many people believe that blush only refers to red cheeks, and you may quickly acquire a thorough technique for applying blush to give your cheeks a fluttery appearance without seeming odd.
Step 08: Eye makeup
One of the most important trends over the past several years has been the smoked eye or glitter eye makeup tutorial appearance. Every seductive eye makeup style was developed for this reason—it will go with every outfit. Smokey eyes are somewhat of a treasure. You don’t need to wear thick lips when you have stunning eyes. Currently, glitter and shimmer have been included in the smoky makeup effect.
Step 09: Lips
You might want to start with a lip mask for the lips. Then make an effort to line the lips. According to how you want your lips to look, you should either overline or underline them. Additionally, the lips’ form would be significant. A lip liner should be used to fill in the lips, and add lipstick to finish it off.
Step 10: Highlighter
Use a highlighter to give your face a glow if you want to. You need this to give your skin a healthy shine without making it cakey or oily. For some folks, highlighters are frequently the most important component of makeup.
To do makeup at home, you might want to start with a primer and then blend the foundation with a blender. Set the foundation and concealer with powder, and then go on with powder foundation and blush. Use a pencil liner for the tight lining of the eyes, and then use a tinted balm for the lips.
How to apply makeup? Well, for every beginner, there are some rules that you might want to abide by before you jump into makeup. These rules were bent and included to achieve flawless results. Besides, when you are just getting started on the makeup, the first thing that would make headlines is that you might get the liner just right on the first try, but you might ruin or smudge the lips a bit, so for that reason, it’s completely okay that you don’t get the makeup perfect on the first try. You might ruin the whole thing, and before running for the basin, try to clean up with just a little bit of micelle water. And then, with several attempts, you might be able to get the makeup done perfectly.
- A skin tint would be the best foundation for beginners. The ideal product for the eyes would be mascara. The application technique is very simple and will provide some depth to the eyes. Finally, you might want to stick with straightforward lipstick and chapstick for the lips.
- The likelihood that your skin is darker than the skin on your face increases when you wear an SPF. Therefore, the ideal approach when selecting a foundation is to match the foundation with your physique. And the foundation will seem more natural as a result.
- First, apply a cream product on the face. These would be blush, foundation, and bronzer. Then you sprinkle the powder over it. These would give the skin a perfect appearance.
- Really, using a ton of makeup is not necessary to achieve the best effects. Simply apply a nice concealer, excellent pencil liner, and lipstick, and your makeup is finished.