Table of Contents Show
Nails are an essential body part. By designing or polishing it with colors, we can transform our attractive beauty into a luxurious appearance. There are many different accessories out there to really bring out the beauty of your nails! From different colors and shades to nail paint, they all can be a wonderful addition to your nail appearance. One such easy nail accessory are nail stickers! They are cheap and very easy to use, but what most people wonder is are nail stickers bad for your nails?
A wrap nail is basically a sticky sticker that is cut by the shape of our nail to make it look like a natural painting. But when it comes to its safety, most people wonder if the nail sticker is bad for their nails. Generally, nail stickers are not bad. So, in today’s article, I’ll discuss why nail stickers are not bad, the pros and cons of nail stickers, how to apply and remove them, and how to take good care of them.
Are Nail Stickers Bad for Your Nails?
Nail stickers are popular for wrapping nails. Because it comes with our nail’s shape, only by putting it on our nails like stickers are we able to get elegant-looking nails. But people who love to design their nails are confused about whether nail stickers are bad for their nails because of their sticky formula. But generally, nail stickers are not bad for your nails. It won’t cause any harmful damage to your nails. But it can cause side effects if you can’t remove it properly from your nails or are not available to apply it properly to your nails. As a result, it can be said that if you can apply nail stickers properly or remove them properly from your nails, then applying nail stickers is not bad for your nails.
The Pros and Cons of Using Nail Stickers
Using nail stickers on your nails can have benefits and side effects for your nails. So, before you start you have to know about the pros and cons of using nail stickers on your nails. The pros and cons that can be found if you use nail stickers are:
- Easy to Apply: Nail stickers are very easy to apply. You can say that it is the easiest nail design that you can get. To apply nail stickers, you just have to apply the stickers to your nails by maintaining the right size. After that, you are ready to enjoy your newly designed nails.
- Easy to Remove: As we already know, you just have to stick it on your nails, which means that you just have to remove the sticky solution to get rid of your nail stickers. So, only by soaking your nails with stickers in lukewarm water can you remove the nail stickers easily from your nails.
- Time Saver: The nail sticker is a very quick fix that you can get. It just takes time to stick the sticker on your nails. To have nail stickers, you don’t have to apply one after one layer of polish or until they cure. So, nail stickers are obviously a time-saving nail design idea.
- Avoid Nail Damage: As a sticky sticker, it won’t contain any harsh chemicals that can harm your nails or nail skin. So, we can say that nail stickers are safer to use for designing your nails than getting other fake nails to design nails.
- Give Nails a Professional Look: Nail stickers are already designed. So, it is going to give you a professional, finished look on your nails, and that can give your nails a luxurious appearance that you can’t imagine.
- Comes in One Size: The common cons of nail stickers are that they come only in one size and that putting them on nails is very difficult. And if you can’t get the proper size or attach it properly, then the stickers can go to waste. So, before getting nail stickers, you have to remember this situation and always try to get nail stickers from a professional to avoid this problem.
- Allergy to Latex: Most nail stickers contain latex. If you have sensitive skin and are willing to get nail stickers on your nails, then you may get allergic to your nail stickers. So, before getting a nail sticker on your nail, do a patch test to avoid getting allergic to nail stickers.
- Peel Off Easily: If you choose nail stickers that are not good quality and contain low-quality adhesive, they will easily peel off from your nails. If it’s not applied properly, then it can also peel off easily. So, nail sticker peel-off problems can arise very easily. To avoid this problem, you must be sincere while getting nail stickers and also after getting them done.
How to Apply Nail Stickers on Your Nails?
For getting beautiful nails with nail stickers, it’s important to know how to apply nail stickers properly on your nails step-by-step. In this part of the article, I’ll describe how you can get it.
- Clean your nails: first, clean your nails with a nail cleanser or nail polish remover to remove all the oils and darts from your nails. Otherwise, the stickiness of your nail stickers won’t work on your nails.
- Push your cuticles back: take a cuticle pusher and start pushing your cuticles on the back side to make your nail plates visible. Because if the nail stickers stick to your cuticles, they can be easily peeled from your nails. So, pushing back the cuticles to make the nail plates visible is very important.
- Cut excessive cuticles: after pushing the cuticles back, if you still find excessive cuticles on your nails, then with the help of a cuticle cutter, cut all the excessive cuticles. It will make your nails look more attractive and also help the nail stickers fit on your nails.
- File your nail: now, it’s time to file your nails. Take a very sharp filer to file your nails perfectly. By filing your nails, you can get the shape you are looking for. While filing your nails, always remember to file them in only one direction to give them a smooth shape. After giving your nails a proper shape, file the upper side of your nails to remove all the shiny effects. You must remember to file all the shiny effects from your nails to make the sticker stick perfectly on your nails.
- Apply base coat: before applying any gel, glue, polish, or other products to your nails, you must apply a base coat. Applying a base coat will help you protect your nails from any kind of damage that can be done by those elements. It will create a protective layer on your nails and prevent them from getting damaged. To go on to the next part, wait until it’s dry.
- Stick nail stickers on your nails: now, it’s time for the main part. Take the sticker that you have chosen to apply to your nails. Match the stickers with your nail size and apply them one by one to your nails. While sticking them on your nails, remember to stick them perfectly and also avoid any kind of air between your nails and the stickers. After putting the stickers on your nails, give them some pressure to make them stick to your nails.
- Apply top coat: after applying the nail stickers, now apply the top coat to your nails. A top coat will give your nail stickers an extra glow and also protect them from any kind of harm. Wait until it’s dry.
After completing the prowess one by one, you are ready to enjoy your nail stickers and make your nails look more attractive.
How to Remove Nail Stickers on Your Nails?
Removing nail stickers is a very important part of your nail safety. If you are unsuccessful in removing your nail stickers properly from your nails, then you can get damage to your nails. To remove nail stickers properly:
- You will need a nail polish remover.
- Now, take a cotton ball and soak it in the remover. Apply the soaked ball to your nail stickers and massage it gently.
- After massaging it, soak your nails in lukewarm water. Soak your nails in the water for 10–20 minutes.
- Now, gently scratch the stickers; they will peel off from your nails.
- After that, dry your nails and put some cuticle oils on them to keep them healthy. Also, apply some moisturizer to your hands to make your nails look healthier.
✨ You May like: Can You Mix Regular Nail Polish with Gel Polish?
Activities to Consider After Getting Nail Stickers on Your Nails
After getting nail stickers on your nails, to increase their longevity, you have to consider some activities. The activities that can help you increase its longevity are:
- Avoid soaking: soaking your nails can weaken the solution of the nail sticker adhesive and make the sticker peel off your nails. So, avoiding soaking nails is an ideal idea to increase their longevity. If you have to soak your nails, you must wear water-resisting gloves on your nails to protect them from damage.
- Keep hands moisturized: after getting your sticker nails done, always try to keep your hands moisturized. Because dry hands and nail plates can also make the sticker cling to your nails.
- Avoid oil: oils are also not allowed while you have to get your sticker nails done. Because oils are known as the enemy of adhesive, they make the adhesive weak so that it can’t cling to your nails and prevent the longevity of your sticker nails.
- Stay away from heat: heat can also weaken the adhesive and remove the stickiness of your sticker nails. It can also make them melt. So, avoiding your sticker nails from any kind of heat or warmth is very important.
- Prevent using harsh chemicals: harsh chemicals contain many chemicals that can weaken the sticker nail solution and prevent the longevity of your sticker nails. So, after getting your sticker nails, avoid using any harsh chemicals that can damage your nail stickers.
- Escape cold water: cold can freeze the stickiness of your nail stickers and make your nails peel off. So, if you have to get your nail stickers done, then escape ice baths totally to increase the longevity of your nail stickers.
Yes, you can apply nail stickers to nail polishes. To get nail stickers on your nails, you just have to apply the nail polish after the base coat, then the sticker, and lastly the top coat. In this way, you can enjoy your nail stickers with nail polish.
On average, nail stickers are going to stay on your nails for 5-7 days. But it depends on your regular activities. By taking a close look at your regular activities, you can also increase the longevity of your nail stickers and reduce them.
No, your nail stickers won’t prevent the growth of your natural nails. Natural nails are very gentle on your nails because they create a thin, soft protective layer and encourage your nails to grow faster.
To get nail stickers on your nails again, you have to wait 7–10 days. These days, you will get the chance to give your natural nails a chance to grow and also get some breaks to make your nails healthy.
Nail stickers are known to be safe for your nails because they contain no harmful ingredients. But if your skin is sensitive, the latex in nail stickers can cause harm to your nails. By doing a patch test before applying it to your nails, you can know the result. And also, if you can apply it properly and remove it properly, then you may get a beautifully done sticker nail for your nails. To get the best result after getting nail stickers, you must take good care of your nails and avoid activities that can harm your nail stickers.
- Nail stickers are the best choice to get designed nails among all the fake nails.
- By getting nail stickers on your nails, you won’t do any harmful damage to them.
- To get the best result after getting nail stickers, you have to apply them properly.
- If you have sensitive skin, you must get a patch test before applying nail stickers to your nails.
- After getting nail stickers, always remember to maintain activities that can prevent the longevity of your nail stickers.
✨ Next Attraction: Is It Bad To Curl Your Eyelashes Everyday?