Table of Contents Show
Maybelline is one of the largest cosmetic brands that offer a range of products including foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, and so on. Maybelline Superstay foundation provides a flawless matte finish and long-lasting coverage. This foundation is lightweight and applicable to all skin types. There are different types of Maybelline foundations. Each of those has different benefits and formulas. For Example-Fit Me Line is found in both liquid and powder form. For getting more coverage, Maybelline Superstay Foundation can be a great choice.
Maybelline Superstay foundation contains ingredients that make it suitable for all skin types. Maybelline super stay Foundation can be described as both Silicone or Water-based. There are arguments in favor and against the foundation being water-based. The ingredients used in this foundation show that there are both water and silicon. The silicon-based ingredients in the formula help to create a smooth and even finish on the skin. This also helps the foundation to adhere to the skin and stay for longer periods of time. The water-based ingredients, on the other hand, provide hydration to the skin.
What is a Water-Based foundation?
A water-based foundation is a type of foundation that has water or aqua as its main ingredient. While oil-based foundation contains oils and emollients, water-based foundations use water to create a lightweight and natural finish.
Water-based foundations are made with a combination of water, glycerin, and other hydrating ingredients that help to keep the skin moisturized throughout the day. This is a great choice for people with dry or sensitive skin. The water-based foundation also gives a more natural finish than oil-based foundations. This type of foundation is also easy to apply and blend.
Water-based foundations work well for combination, acne-prone, or dry skin. Some water-based foundations may have also silicon on them. For example- the Maybelline Superstay Foundation. This contains both water and silicon as its ingredients.
Is Maybelline Superstay Foundation Water-Based?
There are different opinions regarding Maybelline Superstay Foundation’s being water-based or silicone-based. To some, Maybelline Superstay Foundation is not water-based. Rather it is a silicone-based, oil-free, and long-lasting foundation. And This foundation gives medium to full coverage with a soft and natural finish.
On the other hand, there are also opinions that the Maybelline Superstay Foundation is a water-based foundation. Water-based foundations are mostly lightweight and more natural-looking than silicone-based foundations. This type of foundation is more convenient for people with dry skin as they face some problems with silicone-based foundations.
Maybelline Superstay foundation has a unique blend of waxes and silicones. This foundation gives a matte and natural finish with a soft look. This foundation also contains Hyaluronic Acid to make the skin hydrated. So, Maybelline Superstay Foundation has both characteristics of a water-based and silicone-based foundation. That’s why, this is suitable for all skin types.
Ingredients of Maybelline Superstay Foundation
Maybelline Superstay foundation contains many ingredients including Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Silica, Sodium Chloride, and so on. The most important ingredients are explained below-
- Aqua/Water: Water is the most common ingredient of any skincare item. Water is very important to build up this foundation. Water can be considered as a solvent for other ingredients. The water used in this product is deionized and purified.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: A Cyclic structured silicone is also used here which is water thin and this doesn’t rest over the skin but gives the skin a smooth feel.
- Polypropylsilsesquioxane: This is basically a silicone resin that is flexible, long-lasting, and films on the skin. This ingredient helps to make any product long-lasting and gives sun protection.
- Dimethicone: This is the most common silicone used in any product. It helps to form a protective barrier and makes the skin smooth. This also helps to fill the wrinkles and fine lines.
- Isododecane: This ingredient helps the skin to be non-oily and fresh. Also, this makes the foundation more durable. This ingredient is not only listed in make-up items rather it is also a good makeup remover ingredient.
- Glycerin: This is one of the most common and effective ingredients which works as a natural moisturizer. Most significantly, glycerin helps to treat severely dry skin.
- Silica: This product also uses this ingredient to absorb oil from your skin. It also helps to keep the skin matte. This can be considered a helper ingredient for thickening up any products.
- Sodium Chloride: Sodium Chloride is found in almost all skincare and makeup products. In the case of cleansing the skin, Sodium Chloride is very popular. This is also listed as an ingredient of the Maybelline Superstay foundation.
- Cyclomethicone: It is a cyclic structured silicon molecule. This ingredient helps to dry up the skin and gives a light skin feel.
- Aluminum Hydroxide: Aluminum Hydroxide helps the skin to protect from the harmful effect of UV and nasty reactive oxygen species.
- Dipropylene Glycol: This is a liquid that works as a solvent on the skin. It also has the ability to moisturize the skin.
- Tocopherol: It protects the skin from UVB rays and provides the skin with vitamin C and vitamin E which makes the skin healthy and shiny.
- Iron Oxides: Iron Oxides are basically the mixture of Iron II and Iron III oxide. This is a pigment that helps to control the darkness of the foundation.
- Paraffin: This works as a cleansing, hydrating, and conditioning agent. Besides, this works in perfuming the foundation.
Characteristics of Maybelline Superstay Foundation
Maybelline Superstay Foundation claims to provide medium to full coverage and a flawless finish. Some of the characteristics of this foundation are as follows-
- Long-lasting: This foundation lasts for up to 24 hours without oxidizing, fading, or cracking. The ingredients used in this product are super healthy to give it a shiny look and make it durable.
- Full Coverage: This foundation gives a medium to full coverage on your skin which helps to hide fine lines, wrinkles, imperfections, uneven skin tone, blemishes, etc.
- Lightweight: In spite of being a full-coverage foundation, it feels lightweight and comfortable on your skin. That’s why, this is easy for creating a regular makeup look.
- Matte Finish: This foundation dries down to a matte finish which can be great for people with oily skin. This matte finish makes the look soft, shiny, and comfortable.
- Oil-Free Formula: Maybelline Superstay foundation is oil-free. This makes it a good option for people with oily and acne-prone skin.
- Different Shades: This foundation comes in different shades. As a result, it gets easier for people with different skin tones to choose their preferred type.
- Water and Sweat Resistant: Maybelline Superstay foundation is water and sweat resistant. Because of this, it helps people wear it for a long time.
- Dermatology Tested: The foundation is clinically tested. There is no allergic reaction in this foundation.
✨ You May like: Can You Use Chrome Powder on Dip Nails?
Pros and Cons of Maybelline Superstay Foundation
There are some pros and cons of using the Maybelline Superstay Foundation. They are as follows-
- Maybelline Superstay foundation is designed to stay on the skin for more than 24 hours. So, it makes it an ideal foundation for special events or long days.
- This foundation is suitable for all skin types. The silicone and water-based hybrid formula make it suitable for all skin types including oily, dry, and combination skin.
- This foundation is an affordable option for people looking for a long-lasting, high-quality, and full-coverage foundation.
- This foundation is very lightweight. Because of this, it makes the foundation comfortable to wear and prevents the skin from being heavy.
- Maybelline Superstay foundation is a water and sweat-resistant product. This helps to absorb the sweat and water and gives a natural look.
- It doesn’t oxidize in the skin which makes it a good option.
- Though there are many shades available for the Maybelline Superstay foundation, the shades are still limited and it is a bit tricky to match the shades on your skin.
- Some users may find it heavy or uncomfortable for their skin, especially if it is not applied properly.
- People with dry skin may find the formula to dry up their skin. So, it’s important to moisturize your skin properly before applying this foundation.
- Because of the long-lasting formula of this foundation, it takes longer to remove the foundation.
- For some people, this foundation is not so traveling-friendly. Mostly, the dry skin people face this problem.
People who prefer a natural and lightweight concealer should go for Superstay. And people who like more coverage should go for Fit Me. If you have yellow tones on your skin, Fit me will be the best option.
Maybelline Superstay Foundation is known for its long-lasting wear. It can last up to 24 hours. However, the longevity of the foundation can also depend on factors such as skin type, environment, and application technique.
Finding your foundation shade can be a bit challenging. Taking a good look at the veins of your wrist under natural light can be an easy way to determine your undertone. If they appear blue or purple, you have a cool undertone. On the other hand, if they appear green, you have a warm undertone.
It is generally recommended to apply moisturizer before foundation. Moisturizer helps to hydrate and nourish your skin.
This foundation is a good choice for combination, oily and dry skin. The ingredients used in this foundation make it more convenient for oily skin.
Maybelline Superstay foundation is a water-proof and full-coverage foundation that gives a matte finish. This is formulated with a unique blend of silicon and water and lasts up to 24 hours. This is formed with both silicon and water to match different skin types and preferences. The Silicon in this foundation helps to control shine and the water-based formula provides hydration and a natural-looking finish. Maybelline Superstay foundation also contains SPF which helps to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Whether you prefer the silicone-based or water-based formula, this foundation is a reliable choice for getting a flawless complexion.
- Maybelline Superstay foundation is a popular liquid foundation which is water resistant, long-lasting and gives a matte finish.
- The finish of this foundation is matte which means it gives a flat appearance.
- It has used both water based and silicon based formulas that makes it a good option for all skin types.
- Water based ingredients provide hydration to the skin while silicon based formula makes it water and sweat resistant.
- Maybelline Superstay foundation provides a smooth, flawless finish that can minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines.