Table of Contents Show
Lip liners help the lipstick to stay for a longer time on the lips. By drawing an outline and shaping the lips, lip lining gives better-defined lips. A lip liner is applied before lipstick to fill up the uneven areas on the lips externally. It is complementary with lipstick, in the same way, primer complements foundation.
Sharpening lip liners is very important to maintain a sharp and precise tip for flawless application. Doing it correctly can ensure perfect lip shape every time creating a stunning pout that lasts all day long. Most lip liners need to be sharpened after use. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner is also no exception.
Now, if you’re a fan of the iconic Charlotte Tilbury brand and love their lip liners, it is natural for you to ask: How To Sharpen Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner? Let’s move into sharpening Charlotte Tilbury lip liners! I will help you with the step-by-step procedure of sharpening your Charlotte Tilbury lip liner pencils, sharing some valuable tips and tricks along the way!
The Popular Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner
Charlotte Tilbury is a renowned British makeup artist and beauty brand founder. The Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner is one of the brand’s most popular products. It is a rich pencil that helps the lips to enhance shape and size and bring a balance to the pout look. Finally, filling up the outline with lipstick of the same brand or a different brand gives a complete look. The lip liner is popular for its ingredients, formulation, shade range, and application.
- Ingredients: All the products of Charlotte Tilbury are known for their high-quality ingredients. The Lip Cheat Lip Liner contains ingredients like cyclopentasiloxane, synthetic wax, polybutene, isododecane, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, and various other pigments.
- Formulation: This lip liner gives a creamy and smooth texture, making it easy to apply and blend. It is formulated to be long-lasting, with a waterproof and transfer-resistant formula. The lip liner is cruelty-free, and sulfate-free. It also does not contain alcohol or any kind of fragrance.
- Shade Range: Charlotte Tilbury offers a wide range of shades for the Lip Cheat Lip Liner to complement various skin tones and lip colors. The shade range includes both nude and bold colors to give versatile looks, while most shades are red, pink, and brown. The pinkish beige shade “Pillow Talk” is the most famous. People with light to medium skin tones can rock this shade.
- Application: To apply the lip liner, start by outlining the natural shape of your lips or slightly overlining them for a fuller effect. You can then fill in the rest of the lips with the liner for long-lasting color. For added intensity, it can be paired with Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks or lip glosses.
Sharpening Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner: Is It Possible?
Yes. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner can be sharpened! Although some lip liners have sharpeners with them, the Charlotte Tilbury one doesn’t have any sharpener that comes with purchasing it. So, the task of sharpening is to be done with a pencil sharpener while scissors or knives can be used as a quick alternative.
It is an excellent lip liner but its only downside is that it needs to be sharpened very often. You may thus use any good quality sharpener which will reduce the need to sharpen the lip liner all the time. Sharpen it after every two weeks in that case.
6 Easy Steps to Sharpen Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner
Sharpening the lip liner is very simple yet essential. The sharpening procedure and frequency of sharpening will be according to your needs. While if you sharpen it every day for maintaining hygiene, it will surely decrease the risk of germs entering the lips from the lip liner but a lot of products get misused in the process. So, sharpen it less frequently to minimize the loss of products and keep it fairly neat and clean.
You will need a sharpener at first. With the help of a pencil sharpener, you can easily start to sharpen the charlotte tilbury lip liner. Hard pencil lead cannot be handled by pencil sharpeners, while only waxy liners can be easily handled by those. Follow these 6 easy steps to sharpen Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner.
Step 1: Select A Good Quality Sharpener
First of all, select a good quality sharpener applicable to the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner. The sharpener with two sides should fit the lip liner well.
Step 2: Refrigerate the Lip Liner
The lip liner should be refrigerated for some time before sharpening so that it hardens a little bit. This decreases the chance of breakdown of the lip liner when you apply it. As a result, it will lead to easier sharpening. So, the creamy lip liner’s application takes place to your lips in a manner that won’t have been possible without the refrigerator.
Step 3: Place the Lip Liner into The Hole
After taking out the lip liner from the refrigerator, unscrew the sharpener’s cap. Next, keep the sharpener on a stable surface and then place the lip liner in the larger hole.
Step 5: Twist the Pencil Lip Liner
When you see the color beginning to appear in the smaller hole, gently twist the pencil. Continue twisting until the pencil is sharpened to the appropriate point.
Step 6: Avoid Excessive Sharpening of the Lip Liner
You should carry out the process slowly and check the progress. Always be careful so that your lip liner doesn’t sharpen excessively more than required since it will lead to breakage of the lip liner and waste product too. Finally, apply matte lipstick to ensure the long-lastingness of the lip color.
Alternatives to Sharpener for Lip Liner Sharpening
It is possible to sharpen your lip liner without a sharpener too. Following are 4 alternatives to sharpeners for sharpening Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner.
Gently remove the extra product from the pencil lip liner by grinding it away with a small sharpening stone. This will give the pencil a fine point and make applying it to the lips simpler. If you don’t want to break the lip liner or harm the stone, go slowly and avoid applying too much pressure.
You can use scissors as an easy alternative to the pencil sharpener. The pencil’s point should now be the scissors’ prime point of focus. You have to press the pencil as hard as you can, then swiftly snap off the end at the base.
You can also sharpen your lip line with the help of a knife. Utilize the blade by putting it at the top of the lip liner. To make the knife more flexible at the pencil’s base, twist it while holding it in your other hand. While using the knife, be careful so that you don’t face any accidents.
Normal Pencil Sharpener
You can use a normal pencil sharpener to sharpen the lip liner. It is very available in almost every house. But I suggest using it when you have no other options left. Although both are sharpeners, they vary in their functions.
✨ You May like: What Gel Polish Do Nail Salons Use?
Additional Tips to Sharpen Lip Liner
Follow these additional tips for sharpening your lip liner to ensure that you are sharpening your lip liners correctly!
- Clean up the sharpener before using it to avoid mixing of colors of old pencils.
- Try to sharpen lip liner before each use for smooth application.
- If you use scissors or knives for sharpening, you have to be very careful.
You can sharpen plastic lip liner but you need to test it before that. However, plastic lip liners it good to not sharpen. Some of these allow you to twist the pencil up, while others include a small sharpener on the back. While some others have both features, allowing you to twist and sharpen the pencil’s point.
Using any of the 24 amazing colors, line or fill your lips for a defined and richer lip color. A sharpener with a small pencil opening can be used to sharpen the NYX lip liner.
Yes. You can sharpen the LA Girl lip liner with a traditional sharpener. The lip liner is a plastic pencil and sharpening it ensures concise application of the lip liner.
Yes. The creamy, intensely pigmented NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner helps you achieve the ideal pout. This lip liner pencil, which is famous for its durability, needs no sharpener. You simply need to twist it up for applying more lipstick.
The product’s only drawback is that the pencil’s waxy texture causes the tip to wear out fast and require sharpening after each use. Apart from it, the Huda Beauty Lip Contours will make your lips smile.
The Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner is designed to define and shape the lips, creating a fuller and more defined look. It can be used alone or as a base for lipstick or lip gloss. The lip liner needs to be sharpened from time to time and it can be sharpened with or without a sharpener.
Although the sharpening procedure and frequency of sharpening will be according to your needs, you can easily sharpen the lip liner with the help of a pencil sharpener. You can go for some alternatives if you don’t have a sharpener. While the best way to sharpen this lip liner is using the sharpener which is specially made for lip liners only.
So, this is how beautifully sharpened lip liners will elevate your makeup look to the next level!
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner is a rich pencil that helps the lips to enhance shape and size and bring a balance to the pout look which is popular due to its ingredients, formulation, shade range, and application as well.
- It is an excellent lip liner but its only downside is that it needs to be sharpened very often. You may thus use any good quality sharpener which will reduce the sharpening time to every two weeks.
- The lip liner should be refrigerated for some time before sharpening so that it hardens a little bit. Decreasing the chance of breakdown of the lip liner will lead to easier sharpening.
- There are 4 alternatives to sharpeners for sharpening Charlotte Tilbury Lip Liner, such as sharpening stones, scissors, knives, and normal pencil sharpeners.
- Remove the extra product from the pencil lip liner by grinding it away with a small sharpening stone to give the pencil a fine point and thus leads to an easy application.
- Clean up the sharpener before using it to avoid mixing of colors of old pencils.
✨ Next Attraction: Is Mac Lipstick Gluten Free?