Table of Contents Show
Makeup items became an integral part of our daily life. Most women prefer doing makeup for making themselves attractive and more noticeable. There are so many makeup and skincare brands available. So, choosing a product that is suited to your skin is very important. Moreover, many people prefer cruelty-free brands. Cruelty-free products are vegan and skin-friendly. Essence is also a popular makeup brand that many people choose.
So, Is Essence cruelty-free? Essence is a cruelty-free brand that does not test its products on animals. The common ingredients used in these products are water, glycerin, plant extracts, vitamins, etc. that are not derived from animals. Moreover, Essence claims that it is owned by a cruelty-free company and they do not do animal tests on its products. They don’t also allow third parties to do animal tests. So, Essence is a cruelty-free brand.
Why Essence is Famous?
Essence is a popular brand that provides beauty and makeup products at affordable prices. This brand offers products that help you or inspire you to have style, confidence, or fun. This brand was first launched in Germany and then expanded in many countries.
The most popular product of this brand includes mascara, highlighter, and eyebrow gel. Essence uses high-quality ingredients in their product. People who are looking for affordable and exclusive beauty products may go for this brand.
Is Essence Certified Cruelty-free?
Cruelty-free means products that have not been tested on animals during their production. Essence has declared that it is cruelty-free. They don’t test their ingredients or products on animals. They also don’t sell their products in countries where animal testing is required by law.
They have got certifications from PETA but not from Leaping Bunny Program. Being a certified cruelty-free brand, it maintains all the cruelty-free policies and doesn’t even use ingredients that are derived from animals. So, Essence is a certified cruelty-free brand.
Ingredients Commonly Found in Essence Products
The ingredients of any product are the main indicators of knowing about the formulation of any brand or product. The major ingredients that Essence uses in their products are as follows-
- Water: This is the base of essence products that help to hydrate the skin. It is the most common skincare ingredient that works as a solvent for other ingredients. In the very first spot of the ingredient list, it is found in almost all skincare items.
- Glycerin or Glycol: Glycerin is a natural moisturizer that is common, safe, cheap, and very effective. For treating severely dry skin, it works as a very good moisturizer.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a very skin-friendly substance that helps to hydrate the skin. Besides moisturizing, it also helps to plump up the skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The most significant thing about hyaluronic acid is, it is very lightweight and suitable for all skin types. It is used in most moisturizers and serums.
- Plant Extracts: The plant extracts help to provide anti-oxidant to the skin. It also has some anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin. Plant extracts such as Aloe Vera, Green tea, Chamomile, etc. are used in Essence brand that makes the skin soothing and hydrating.
- Yeast Fermentation by-products: This ingredient provides a wide range of benefits including protection from UV rays or making a good skin barrier. For example- Niacinamide is a product that is produced by yeast fermentation and helps to improve skin texture.
- Vitamins, Minerals & Lipids: Vitamins and minerals are very essential to nourish the skin cells. These also help to contribute to the strength of the skin. Vitamin C works as an antioxidant and helps to increase the collagen production. Likewise, lipids and minerals also help to improve the skin barrier and texture.
- Silica: This ingredient is used to absorb oil from your skin. It also helps to keep the skin matte. This can be considered a helper ingredient for thickening up any products.
This common ingredients list shows that most of their products are not made from animal parts or their derivatives. Rather, the products are mostly cruelty-free. So from the ingredients, we can tell that Essence is cruelty-free. So far so good for the brand indeed!
Although most Essence Cosmetics products do not contain animal-derived ingredients, some of the products contain ingredients like beeswax and carmine. Though those products are not listed on PETA’S guidelines, it still considered under this brand. So, all the ingredients are not guaranteed to be free from animals or cruelty. Many brands use the tag ‘cruelty-free’ but this does not mean all the products are cruelty-free. While it might use these.
✨ You May like: Is Dior Cruelty-Free?
Essence Animal Testing Policy
For knowing if essence tests on animals, we must look at the ingredient list of Essence. Essence has declared that they don’t sell their products in any country that requires animal testing. Essence follows all the cruelty-free criteria and is truly a cruelty-free brand.
They have confirmed that the ingredient suppliers are not tested on animals. They are also not in that group that asks others to test their products on their behalf. They do not allow their products to sell in countries that require animal tests. Essence is a cruelty-free brand that does not test on animals nor use any animal-derived ingredients in its products. This brand has also chosen to stay out of China where animal testing is needed for skincare products to be sold. Another good sign that they are indeed meeting the criteria for the cruelty-free tag!
Essence Cruelty-Free Claims
Essence claims itself to be an entirely cruelty-free brand as it has recently been certified by PETA. They believe that this can be a good choice for people looking for a vegan and cruelty-free brand.
- Essence claims that they do not do animal tests on their products.
- This brand has also claimed that none of the ingredients of this brand are derived from animals.
- According to them, no third parties are allowed to do animal testing on the company’s behalf.
- Their products are not found in countries like China that require animal testing.
- Essence brand also claims that it is owned by a parent named Cosnova that is cruelty-free. Cosnova has never permitted animal testing on its products. This also ensures safe and good products without harming the animals.
They claim their products to be completely cruelty-free as it is certified by PETA. But certification from PETA does not guarantee that the company does not sell its products in countries where the animal test is required. So, even if Essence claims to be cruelty-free, it is very difficult to investigate its cruelty-free claims without exposing its trade secrets for manufacturing the products that they sell. Though the cruelty-free certification of PETA is not so reassuring, their claim that they do not do tests on animals is very significant. Essence claims that their brand will be the best for people who care about animal welfare.
Essence products were first launched in Germany. Almost all Essence products are manufactured in Europe. Then, they are supplied in more than 50 countries.
The make me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara, Lash Princess False Lash Mascara and I Like to Mauve It eyeshadow palette are the best products of the Essence brand.
Essence products are not derived from animals neither they allow their products in countries that require animal tests. Animal testing is required in mainland China and Essence doesn’t sell its products there.
Essence Cosmetics uses natural and skin-friendly ingredients that do not involve animals and are very safe for people. The ingredients used in these products are not harmful and give a natural glow to the skin.
Essence is a popular makeup brand that offers an exclusive and trendy makeup look. This brand commits to providing cruelty-free products. This brand is a certified cruelty-free brand from PETA. The common ingredients used in these products are plant-based. Essence claims all their products to be cruelty-free which is true. But still, it is very difficult to investigate whether all of their products are cruelty-free. Very few products contain ingredients like beeswax but those are not listed in the list of PETA. So, almost all if not all products from Essence Cosmetics are cruelty-free. For my remark on the matter, through my research, I can conclude that Essence Cosmetics is indeed cruelty-free and deservedly so, especially because they are not selling their products in China!
- Essence is a popular cruelty-free brand that provides affordable makeup products.
- It is certified by PETA but not by Leaping Bunny Program.
- The ingredients used in these products are water, glycerin, vitamin, minerals, plant extracts, etc.
- They claim that they do not do an animal test on their products neither they allow third parties to do animal testing.
✨ Next Attraction: Is Garnier Cruelty-free?