Table of Contents Show
Lashes are pair of thin hair that grows on the upper and lower part of the eyelids. Eyelashes protect our eyes from debris, dust, or any other small particle that can go inside the eyes. Eyelashes don’t just protect our eyes but also intensify the beauty of the eyes. Long thick eyelashes are everyone’s dream and we all want to grow them to be very striking. Since lashes tend to fall very often that’s why many people turn to treatments to make the lash strong thick fluffy in a short time. Lash serum is one of the very popular ways.
Lash serums are believed to be used on lashes to make them fluffy thick and long at a faster rate. Some people use the lash serum as an integral part of their skincare routine. While using lash serum you have been seeing lash stimulation at a faster rate but have you ever thought about “what happens when you stop using lash serum?” Well if you have not then this is the time to think. Many lash serum users have come forward with the bad condition of their lashes after they have stopped using the lash serum. Let’s find out the truth behind these claims and try to find some truth in them as well!
How Lash Serum Works?
The lash serum works by promoting lash stimulation. This kind of lash serum works by binding protein and providing hydration in the lash. If we see the ingredients of lash serums, the common ingredients found in the lash serums are hyaluronic acid, castor oil, phenoxyethanol, panthenol, biotin, arginine, glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, hydroxyethylcellulose. These individual ingredients really work to promote lash growth and help the lashes grow at a faster rate.
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient draws moisture from the air and locks into the lash. This keeps the lashes hydrated for a long time and helps the lash not dry out and fall because of it.
- Castor oil: This helps with the appearance of the lash and keeps the lash glossy looking for a long time. Castor oil also contains ricinoleic acid which stimulates lash growth and keeps the moisture in.
- Panthenol: Believed to condition the lashes and penetrate into the skin to make thicker lashes. This provides lashes with the necessary vitamin supply.
- Sodium hyaluronate: Helps the eyelash to grow in density and strength. This product also keeps the moisture of the eyelash and promotes growth.
- Hydroxyethylcellulose: This ingredient is the one that really stimulates faster lash growth. Continuous use of this ingredient in lash serum can provide you with longer lashes in 4 weeks.
So we can see how the lash serum ingredients have a beneficial aspect and stimulates the growth of the lash and fall out in a short time All this happens with the continuous use of lash serum. But you might have to stop for some time using lash serum, and you might be worried about the consequences of that.
5 Consequences of Stopping a Lash Serum
Lash serums are a very convenient and trendy option for growing your lashes. But at some stage, if you stop using lash serum there are several consequences that you have to face. Some of them go in a short time without much harm but some can have long time effects on lashes. Let’s see 5 consequences you face after stopping lash serum.
1. Dependency on the Serum
Lash serums contain active ingredients that promote lash growth and strengthen the lashes. When you are using the lash serum on a daily basis the regularity of lash growth stimulation breaks and goes into a new era of fast-growing. This discontinuity makes the lashes depend on the ingredients of serum rather than promoting their own growth. Which in the end results in lash serum dependency and your lash growth stops working by itself. When you stop using lash serum the sudden change of another stimulator might stop lash growth completely for a certain time, lash can be prone to breaking and falling.
2. Temporary Shedding
When you stop using lash serum you may face telogen effluvium or temporary shedding. This happens because lash serum makes your lashes grow prematurely and their root is strengthened by the ingredients of serum when it stops getting those strengthening ingredients the premature grown lashes will fall out. This fallout can make the lashes look thinner and smaller over time.
3. Reversion to Natural Growth
When you stop using lash serum the growth rate of your lashes comes down to the natural rate and you may feel like your lash has stopped growing completely but that is not the truth. You would feel like that because there is no outer stimulator that helps your lash to grow rather it is growing at a completely natural rate. That would make the lashes grow slower than it was growing before.
4. Nutritional Imbalance
Stopping lash serum can lead to nutritional imbalance. When you are using lash serum the lashes are getting a consistent nutritional supply and that helps the lash to look healthy and longer. Ceasing lash serum draws out the nutritional benefit of lashes and they tend to grow to be not so healthy looking for a while. After it had been used to produce nutrients by itself lash can go back to looking healthy.
5. Loss of Moisture and Conditioning
The lash serum has a lot of moisturizing component in them and those component helps to keep the moisture locked in for a long time. When you stop using lash serum the moisture is driven out from the lashes and it feels very dry. Since all moisture binding was done by lash serum and suddenly lashes need to bind the protein and draw moisture by themselves. It takes time to adjust. In some cases, it is possible for the lash to be dry for a long time and see an increased amount of lash fall.
It is very normal for you to see negative consequences after you have stopped using eyelash serum. This may cause a lot of damage to your lash for a short period of time, but since lashes have the potential to grow back as they fall out, the damage would be recovered once you have given it enough time.
Pros and Cons of Using a Lash Serum
Eyelash serum is very popular and has been gaining more popularity over the period of time. This very intriguing beauty product has some good and bad sides. By understanding the good and the bad sides you will understand the benefits and risks you are signing up for, also you can choose to use or not use the serum if you want.
Pros of lash serum
- The lash serum has the ability to condition your lashes and makes them really smoother. This way lashes look very glossy and shiny looking for a long time.
- Lash serum revives and recovers damage to an eyelash. As you keep using a lash serum that health of lashes and make lashes grow welly.
- Lash serum has the ability to reduce breakage and fall out of lashes. Naturally lash falls a lot, lash serum can make the lashes fall out less.
- Lash serums promote fuller and longer hair growth. This way when using the lash serum on a continuous basis you can see the lashes to be lengthy and fuller looking.
Cons of using a lash serum
- Lash serum can cause eye pruritus. The symptoms of this problem are itchy eyelids. Red or swollen eyelids. This may cause by exposure to pollen, dust mites, animal fur, and some makeup ingredients.
- The lash serum has the potential to cause hyperpigmentation in the eyelids. This mainly causes due to excessive vascularity, periorbital edema, lash serum might cause allergy to the eyelids to have hyperpigmentation.
- Lash serum can cause dry eye symptoms for many. Lash serums shower the lash with moisture but sometimes overusing lash serum can make the eyelids dry.
- If you have an allergy to some products, then the eye serum can cause you to have ocular irritation. The eyes are a very sensitive part of the human body and using chemical has an impact on the eye’s skin and make them irritated.
- Eye serums have the possibility to cause erythema of the eyelid. This is caused by irritants or allergens in a product.
✨ You May like: Why Does My Face Feel Sticky After Moisturizer?
How to Promote Natural Lash Growth?
Now that you know all about eyelashes and the consequence of stopping eyelash serum, you can choose not to use any eyelash serum. If you are using Eyelash serum and want to quit but are scared of the consequences, then this part is for you. After you have stopped using eyelash serum and seeing drastic changes in your eyelash growth and length then you can follow the natural home remedies that would promote lash growth. Here are some of the great easy home remedies that you follow to get natural lashes in a short time.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a great natural ingredient that would boost your natural lash growth. Applying a small amount of aloe gel with a spolly can really help to promote eyelash growth. We suggest using fresh aloe vera gel but you can use the store brought ones too if you do not have an allergy.
- Petroleum jelly: Using petroleum jelly on the eyelash regularly can work wonder. Petroleum jelly can really help boost the growth of eyelashes and lock the moisture into your eyelashes.
- Castor oil: Applying castor oil directly can promote lash growth. Most eyelash serums use castor oil too. but the direct application of castor oil can work wonder without any side effects.
- Eyelid massage: Gentle massaging of eyelids can help stimulate the natural growth of eyelashes. Massaging the eyelids promotes blood flow that has the potential to increase eyelash growth.
Once you have reached a certain lash look you could possibly stop using it. However, over time you will notice that your lashes have returned to how they used to be.
You should not use 2 lash serums at a time. This is because the different formulations of the serums may interfere with each other and end up making your eyelashes even worse!
Yes, you can regrow lost eyelashes. It might take about 4 weeks to see any growth but you can expect to see it return to its original size within 12 weeks.
Lash serums are known for their ability to promote natural lash growth and fuller thick-looking eyelashes regardless of the shape. They provide the results until you are using the lash serum every day. Once you have halted the lash serum the effect will be gone gradually leaving you with the natural growth of lashes. So, if you stop using lash serum what happens? ultimately, you’re eyelashes would go back to its prior state as new ones grow. The effects may be temporary but the damages done remains for a long time. There are natural ways to grow lashes without using any kind of serum you can check them out and apply your preferred one without any side effects.
- Lash serums are a very popular and convenient way to grow lashes faster and thicker in a very short time.
- There are many consequences of stopping lash serum which include lash fall out, depending on lash serum, lacking moisture, etc.
- Lash serum can actually be beneficial if used daily without shopping but the results are not long-lasting and can have negative consequences for many.
- Lash serums are not the only way you can promote lash growth there are natural homemade ingredients that can promote lash growth.
✨ Next Attraction: How Do Spray Tans Work?