Table of Contents Show
Spray tan has gained popularity in a short time. Instead of getting a sun tan or any other fake tan, they choose it because spray tan has benefits, it’s time-saving, and safe formula. To get spray-tanned skin, people just have to spray the tanning solution on their bodies. It goes the same if you’re doing spray tan at home. The solution will react with the amino acids present on the top layer of the skin in the presence of oxygen and give you a natural tan.
But after getting a spray tan, people also wonder about getting a pedicure to make their foot nails shiny and glowy. They may be able to get an attractive foot with tanned skin by getting a pedicure. So, here’s the question: can they get a pedicure after a spray tan? Yes, they can. But getting a pedicure after a spray tan can damage the tan effect on your skin. In this article, I will discuss whether you can get a pedicure after a spray tan, what will happen if you do that when you can get it, and some tips to prevent any damage.
Can I Get A Pedicure After A Spray Tan – The Answer
Getting a pedicure after a spray tan is possible, but it can also pose some risks to your tanned skin. If you are willing to get a pedicure after your freshly tanned skin, then it may remove the tan shade or make streaks on your tanned skin. That is going to give you the worst look instead of an attractive one. So, you can’t get a pedicure on your freshly tanned skin.
Now the main parts come. “When can you get a pedicure after getting a spray tan?” is a common question among people who are willing to get it. To get a pedicure after a spray tan, you must wait until the solution of the chemical mist has completely developed on your skin. If the solution develops totally, then there is a low risk of having any problems with your spray tan after you have a pedicure after getting a spray tan. The solution of the spray tan takes 24-48 hours to develop properly and give you the perfect shade you are willing to get. After getting the spray tan solution properly developed on your skin, you may get a pedicure.
What Will Happen If I Get A Pedicure After A Spray Tan?
After getting a freshly done spray tan, if you get a pedicure, you may get many different damages to your spray tan. Those are:
- Streaks: Getting a pedicure after a spray tan may give you streaks. Excessive water exposure from the spray tan may create streaks on your perfectly done spray tan. Having streak marks on the tanned skin will make it look so bad that you may get uncomfortable going out with your tanned skin.
- Fine Lines: You may also get fine lines on your spray tan because of the scrubbing of your pedicure. While getting a pedicure, we all know that scrubbing your foot is a must to remove all the dead cells from there. But if it happens, then there is a risk of getting fine lines on your tan, which will give your tan a worse-looking look that you are not looking for.
- Fading: Getting a pedicure may also make your tan fade away. Because of excessive water and scrubbing, the shade of your tan may start fading from your skin. It will give your tan shading different shades on the upper area of your foot and also the difference on your foot. It will really become the most miserable tan look that you have ever gotten in your tan journey.
If you get a pedicure on your freshly done pedicure, then you will face all of these problems with your spray tan.
7 Steps To Get A Pedicure After A Spray Tan
In this part, I will provide you with a step-by-step guideline for getting a pedicure after a spray tan. Those are:
1. Clean your nails
The first thing you have to do is clean your nails. With the help of a nail cleanser or nail polish remover, clean your nails. In this way, you can get rid of any kind of oil and germs from your nails. To clean your nails properly, take a cotton ball and soak them with nail cleanser or polish remover, and then swipe away all the polish. While cleaning your nails, you must be sure that you are applying that cleanser only to the nail plate and not to the nails around the skin. Because this makes the tan shade fade way too quickly.
2. Soak your foot in soapy water
We all know that pedicures require warm water. But while getting a spray tan, you have to wash your feet with only lukewarm to cold water. After the tan solution has developed, you can soak your feet in normal water for only 40–45 seconds. And after that, dry your feet with a soft towel. Try to pat your feet with soft towels. In your spray tan pedicure, there is no need to scrub your feet because going harsh with your tan can also start to fade away. So, you just have to soak your feet in water for 40–45 seconds.
3. Push the cuticles back
Push the cuticles of your foot back with the help of a cuticle pusher. While you are pushing your cuticles back, be gentle with your nails. If you harshly push back your cuticles, then you may make the cuticle area tan with streaks. A spray tan with streaks will make you uncomfortable, and that’s not the purpose of having a spray tan with a pedicure. So, to make the foot’s nail plates visible, gently push back the cuticles of your nails and get a visible, attractive nail look with spray-tanned skin.
4. Shape your nails
After pushing back the cuticles of your foot nails, shape your nails. Take a filer and start foiling your nails into the shape you are looking for in your pedicure. While filing your nails, remember that you have to file them in one direction and also be sincere while filing. Because of excessive filing, you may go harsh on your spray tan and make some marks on it. So, shape your nails with a sincere mind and in one direction to prevent any harsh results from your spray tan.
5. Apply cuticle oil
Applying cuticle oil to your nails will make them shiny. Cuticle oil also helps keep your nails healthy by making the cuticle strong enough to protect them. Apply cuticle oil only to the nail plate. Because oil also helps to get tanned from sun exposure. If you put the cuticle on the surrounding area of your toenails, then they can get a darker shade of tan on those areas, and this will make your toes very oddly tan. To avoid this problem, you must make sure that you are only applying cuticle oils to the nail plates of your toenails.
6. Apply moisturizer
Now it’s time to apply moisturizer to your nails. But you can’t apply any kind of moisturizer to your nails. Because the ingredients in all types of moisturizers can break the strength of your spray tan and make it fade away quickly. To prevent your spray tan from fading, you have to apply moisturizers that are spray tan-safe. You can also use moisturizers that help increase the production of melanin. That will also keep the spray tan safe on your skin and increase its longevity.
7. Apply a base coat
After completing the pedicure process, you can now apply the base coat to your nails. It will form a protective layer on your nails. And also add a more glossy and shiny effect to your nails. This will help to make your nails more attractive and make your nails look beautiful with spray-tanned skin. Applying a base coat is a must after a complete pedicure to protect your nails from any kind of damage.
✨ You May like: What Is The Best Home Remedy For Crepey Skin?
Tips You Should Follow While Getting A Pedicure After A Spray Tan
While you are getting a pedicure after a spray tan, you must follow some tips to avoid any damage to your spray tan. Those are:
- Avoid excessive water: avoid using excessive water on your spray-tanned skin to avoid any damage to your spray tan.
- Avoid heat: while getting a pedicure, avoid hot water or any kind of steaming. Hot water and heat can weaken the solution of spray tans and make them fade away.
- Avoid oil: using oils can also weaken the solution of spray tan. So, you must avoid oil while getting a pedicure session.
- Avoid scrubbing: you must avoid this process. Scrubbing will go harsh on your spray tan solution and leave steaks, fine lines, and marks on it.
- Avoid skin care products with harsh chemicals: skin care products that contain a large number of harsh chemicals can react with your spray tan. This can also make them fade away.
- Be gentle: always try to be gentle with your spray tan to protect the longevity of your spray tan.
To increase the longevity of your spray tan and to give your spray tan a healthy look with a pedicure, you must follow these tips.
It will take only 15–20 minutes to get a properly done spray tan. In the whole process, you just have to spray the chemical mist properly on your entire body to get a perfect spray tan.
The spray tan can stay on your skin for 10 days on average. Depending on your regular activities, the longevity of the spray tan may also decrease or increase.
If you follow the steps properly to get a pedicure with a spray tan, then it will be safe for you. Otherwise, you may get fine lines, streaks, marks, or a fading spray tan on your skin.
Having spray-tanned skin became so popular. It has become popular for its easy-to-get formula and time-saving work process. It is also a safe formula for getting spray-tanned skin. Only by spraying a chemical mist all over the body can you easily get spray-tanned skin with an attractive appearance. But after getting a spray tan, you may feel the necessity of having a pedicure. If you are willing to get a pedicure after a spray tan, then it is possible to do so. But to get it, you have to wait for the solution of your spray tan to develop completely, and then you can get a pedicure. But to avoid harming your spray tan, you may have to follow some procedures.
To get the best result after getting a pedicure, you must try to consult with your spray tan specialist and follow their suggestions.
- Getting a pedicure after a spray tan is possible. But to get a pedicure, you have to wait until the solution from your spray tan has properly developed.
- If you get a pedicure on your freshly done spray tan, then you may get fine lines, marks, and streaks on your spray tan.
- Without scrubbing or soaking your nails in hot water, you may be able to get a proper pedicure on your spray tan.
- To get the best result from your pedicure session, you must contact your tanning specialist and follow every suggestion they give you.
✨ Next Attraction: Can I Use Moisturizer After Microneedling?