Table of Contents Show
- Can You Get Your Nails Done After a Spray Tan?
- Right Time to Get Nails Done After a Spray Tan
- Is Getting Nail Done After A Spray Tan Safe?
- How to Get Your Nails Done After a Spray Tan?
- 4 Tips for Getting Nails Done After a Spray Tan
- Final Thoughts
- Key Points
To make yourself look attractive, having tanned skin is so popular. Spray tanning is a solution you must spray all over your body to get tan skin. The answer will work by reacting with oxygen and amino acids in your skin’s first layer to give you a darker shade of skin without harming your skin. For its no-harm working formula and ease of application, people love to have a spray tan.
Besides getting a spray tan to give their hands another attractive look, people also get their nails done. Nails done means getting artificial nails, coloring them, and shaping them similar to polishing your nails which is completely fine to do. While you are at a salon, having a spray tan and being willing to get your nails done after is common. Here the interesting part is you can get your nails done after a spray tan by maintaining some activities to avoid ruining your spray tan. In this article, I’ll discuss whether you can get your nails done after a spray tan, what time is perfect, whether it is safe, and what to maintain while getting it.
Can You Get Your Nails Done After a Spray Tan?
When it’s come to doing your nails after a spray tan is possible. Yes, after getting a spray tan you can get your nails done. Getting your nails done before and after spray tanning doesn’t really matter. Because of your spray tan, you have to spray the mist all over your body, not on your nails. That means that you are not getting dark colors on your nails. To avoid getting dark nails while you are getting a spray tan, you have to use nail gloves. Nail gloves will protect your nails from the solution. So, if you are getting your nails done before spray tanning, you are still having beautiful nails. And now for the after-time. If you are getting your nails done after, then there is no chance of having bad nails. Because you have already completed your spray tan.
Right Time to Get Nails Done After a Spray Tan
Whenever you are getting your nails done after a spray tan, there is no chance of having bad nails. But there is a chance of getting a bad spray tan. Because spray tans take time to develop. If you start getting your nails done after getting a freshly done spray tan, then it must be obvious that you are spoiling your spray tan. Now you may say, then when can I get a spray tan? You can get your nails done after the solution of the spray tan is totally absorbed. To absorb the solution of the spray tan, it can take 10–15 minutes. So, if you have an emergency, you may get your nails done after the solution is absorbed. But for the best result and no risk, it would be better if you got your nails done after 8 hours of your spray tan. As a result, you can gain attractiveness without harming yourself.
To get the best result of having a beautiful spray tan with nails done, you have to wait 8 hours, but if you have an emergency, you may get your nails done after 10–15 minutes of spray tan.
Is Getting Nail Done After A Spray Tan Safe?
When it comes to the safety of nails done after a spray tan, the result is that they’re safe. We all know that the ingredients in spray tans are totally safe for any type of skin. But to make sure that it will be safe for your sensitive skin if you have it, you can do a patch test. Now that the nails are done, doing your nails after a spray tan is totally safe. Because to do your nails, you just have to shape your nails, get the artificial nails done, and polish your nails. In this process, there is nothing serious that can cause harm or damage to your spray tan. But while you are doing your nails, some mistakes can cause damage to your spray tan. If you are able to prevent those mistakes, then getting your nails done after a spray tan is totally safe.
How to Get Your Nails Done After a Spray Tan?
Wondering how to get your nails done after a spray tan? Then this part is for you. In this part of the article, I am providing you with step-by-step guidelines to get your nails done after a spray tan.
- Clean Your Nails: Use a nail cleanser or a nail polish remover to clean the dots and oils from your nails. While cleaning, make sure that you are only cleaning the nail plates and not the surrounding areas. Otherwise, the spray tan can be removed from your skin.
- Soak Your Nails: Soaking your nails is not appropriate here. Because you already have tanned skin, excessive water can weaken the tan solution and make it fade away. But if you want, you may soak them for only 40–45 seconds under normal water or cold water. Avoid hot water; hot water can also fade your spray tan.
- Avoid Scrubbing: In your nail-do journey after having a spray tan, you are totally not allowed to scrub your nails or hands. Scrubbing will make your tan solution weaker and create streaks or a weak tan shade on your skin.
- Moisturize Your Hand: Apply a moisturizer that can increase the melanin production of your nails to increase the longevity of your spray tan.
- Remove Extra Water: Take a soft towel and gently pat the towel on your tanned skin. Don’t rub the towel on your skin to prevent your tan from fading or causing any kind of damage.
- Push Back Cuticles: With the help of a cuticle pusher, gently push back the cuticles of your nails. Because a harsh push can make streaks on your spray-tan skin.
- Cut Excessive Cuticles: After pushing back the cuticles, if you have any excess cuticles, cut them with the help of a cuticle cutter.
- File Your Nails: To get properly shaped nails, start filing them. Take a good-quality file and start filing your nails in one direction for good results. Also, with the file, remove all the shiny layers from your nails. While filing, be sincere not to file the surrounding areas of your nails.
- Apply Cuticle Oil: For healthy, strong nails, apply cuticle oil to your nails.
- Apply A Base Coat: Applying a base coat to your nails will create a protective barrier and prevent any kind of damage to them.
- Apply Color Coat: Now, apply the color coat that you have chosen to your nails. If you want a colorful nail, you must wait for one layer to dry and then apply another one.
- Apply A Top Coat: After completely coloring your nails, apply a top coat to your nails. A top coat will help to protect the color polish on your nails and also prevent any damage to them.
After following these 12 steps, you can get properly done nails after having a spray tan without harming your tan effect.
4 Tips for Getting Nails Done After a Spray Tan
Before you get your spray tan and do your nails, there are tips you should follow to avoid any mistakes that can harm your tanning or nail-doing. Those tips are:
1. Remove All Polishes
Before getting your nails done, you must clean your nail plates using nail cleanser or polish remover. While cleaning, be sure that you are cleaning only the nail plates and not the surrounding skin. Because these can remove the solution from your spray tan and make your nails look disgusting. To avoid this problem, you can also clean your nail polish before getting your spray tan. It will be a good idea to clean your nails.
2. Exfoliate Your Nails
To get perfectly done nails, you have to exfoliate your nails and their surrounding areas. It will help you remove any kind of dead cells from your skin to give you fresh-looking nails after having a spray tan. But to exfoliate your nails, you have to do it before getting your spray tan. Otherwise, you may exfoliate your skin and remove the tan from your nails in certain areas.
3. Keep Your Nails Moisturized
Moisturized skin is the perfect skin for doing various experiments on it. To get spray tans and nails done, you must have moisturized skin. Because dry skin can make streaks on your skin, while dry nails can’t cling to your nails perfectly or can make your nail or polish peel off. So, before getting your spray tan, you must make yourself moisturized to avoid problems like these.
4. Maintain Activities
After you have gotten your spray tans and nails done, you must maintain your regular activities. You have to avoid things that have the possibility of damaging your tan and nail attractiveness. You have to avoid water, heat, warmth, scrubbing, rubbing, oils, and steaming. These can harm your nails and tan’s attractiveness. And always try to eat foods that have proteins to avoid getting damaged by them.
Following these tips may help you get perfect nails after getting a spray tan.
✨ You May like: Can You Put An Acrylic Nail On A Missing Fingernail?
Getting your nails done before having spray done is also possible. Just remember to cover your nails while you are getting a spray tan.
Getting a spray tan all over your body only takes 10 minutes. During this time, you can get a perfectly done spray tan. But to get the exact shade you are willing to get, you may have to wait 8–24 hours, depending on the solution you are using.
Depending on the shape, print, and nails you are willing to get, it may take a while. But on average, it can take 30–60 minutes to completely do your nails.
After getting a properly tanned there’ll be noticeable nails done before or after spray tan to make yourself look more gorgeous, getting your nails done is a common wonder. To get your nails done after getting a spray tan, you must be sincere about whether your tan solution is properly developed. If it is developed, then you can start the nail-doing process. Before starting to do your nails, remember that you already have tanned skin, so avoid activities that can harm or fade your tan. Now, start doing your nails by following step-by-step guidelines with your spray-tanned skin. After putting in so much effort, no one wants to reduce their longevity.
So, when your nails are done after getting a spray tan, always follow the tips to increase the longevity of your nails and spray tan, and also avoid activities that can harm or damage your spray tan and perfectly done nails.
- After getting a spray tan, it is possible to get your nails done.
- Before getting your spray tan and nails done, you have to prepare yourself by exfoliating, waxing, peeling, or cleaning yourself.
- To get your nails done after having a spray tan, you may have to wait 8 hours because the spray tan solution will develop after 8 hours.
- You have to maintain your regular activity and also avoid things that can harm your tan and nails to protect them from any kind of damage.
✨ Next Attraction: Does MAC Lipstick Have Parabens?